Status: Completed!

Begin Again

I'm coming off a little shy

“Jenny, I’m not ready to meet this guy,” Leah said running her brush through her hair. She saw Jenny roll her eyes through her opened bathroom door.

She looked down at her average outfit and didn’t think today was the right day to meet a potential boyfriend. She didn’t feel ready. Her jeans had a hole in the right knee, her white tank top was old, it was getting baggy but Leah couldn’t part with it, it was so comfortable. Her hair was in a messy bun on top of her head and she had a gold headband across the top of her forehead.

“Leah, it’s been eight months, it’s time to get back out there.” Jenny said getting off the big king size bed. She walked to her friend’s bathroom door and leaned against the doorframe. “I want to prove to you there are guys out there that aren’t complete assholes. And John is totally a nice guy.”

Leah looked at her friend and felt her lips tug down. “I’m sure he is,” she started. She pulled down her tank top and pulled adjusted the messy bun.

She looked at her chipped nail polish and picked at some of it, causing it to chip more.

“No, put your make-up on, not that you need it, and let’s go.” Jenny said tossing her friend’s mascara onto the white counter.

“Fine,” Leah pouted as she rifled through her make-up container.

Jenny tugged on Leah’s arm as they weaved through the throngs of city people. She was excited to get her friend out there again.

When they reached the café, Jenny stopped and opened the wooden doors, then pushed her friend in before her.

“Geez, Jen, watch it.” She said as she almost collided with a tall figure.

He turned and smiled at the two girls. “John!” Jenny said behind Leah.

Leah’s tan cheeks instantly burned. He grinned and hugged Jenny. “John O’Callghan, this is Leah Michaels. Leah this is John.”

He held out a bony hand for her, she placed her delicate hand in his and shook. She felt callouses along her soft skin, and she smiled.

“Nice to meet you John,” She muttered.

He grinned, “It’s nice to meet you too Leah. Jenny has told me about you.”

“Only good things though!” Jenny said smiling. Leah smiled and nodded. “Are you guys in town?” Jenny asked as the trio got into line.

Leah just watched as he talked, she heard the words fall from his lips, but couldn’t comprehend any of them.

“Well, Leah, would you like to grab coffee one day next week?” Leah blinked and looked at the tall skinny figure in front of her.

She looked at Jenny who just raised her eyebrows at her friend. Her eyes grew huge and she slightly nodded her head.

“Yeah, I’d love to,” Leah finally said with a blush.

John chuckled and took his phone out of his pocket. He unlocked the screen and brought up the contacts. He handed her the device, “Can I have your number so we can figure out a time and place?” She nodded and took the device in her shaking hands.

“Here you go,” She mumbled.

“I look forward to it,” He said. He gave Jenny a hug and winked at Leah. “Can I get a hug before I head out?” She blushed and wrapped her small arms around him.

He leaned down and wrapped his arms around her. She inhaled his scent and smiled.

“I’ll be in touch Leah. See ya Jen.” He waved as he headed out into the crowded street.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is when John and Leah met, about a week before the story begins.

What do you guys think?

Thanks arizonaskies for the lovely comment :)

And thank you to living myth for the recommendation, I'm not sure when you did this, but I just saw this!