Status: Completed!

Begin Again

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did

“I’m still not sure why you laughed at me,” Leah said as John held open the bar door.

“Because I think it’s cute how different you are from me,” He said in her ear.

She looked at him and he smiled. He put his hand on the small of her back. “No one has ever really called me funny before.” She said twisting her lips into a frown.

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. “Really?” He smiled and shook his head. “Well, now someone has.”

She smiled and nodded as they reached a table of four guys and two girls.

“Guys, this is Leah. Leah this is Garrett, Pat, Jared, Kennedy and Ken’s girlfriend Michelle, and her friend Sarah.”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you all.” Leah said smiling.

John grinned behind her at his friends.

“John hasn’t shut up about you since he’s gotten home,” Kennedy said grinning.

Leah blushed and looked over her shoulder at him. He shrugged and offered her the seat on the bench next to Garret. John grabbed a chair from an empty table and sat at the end, next to Leah.

“So you’re a dancer?” Jared asked before taking a sip of his beer.

“Yeah, not a professional one, but maybe someday.” Leah said smiling.

John put his hand on her knee; she looked over at him as his band mates started up a conversation.

“I’m really glad you’re here,” He said.

She blushed and nodded. “Me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I was MIA this week. My cousin plays for the Pittsburgh Pirates and they were in town playing against the Phillies. So I was at baseball game after baseball game this week. On top of work, I was exhausted.
I'll try and get you another update tomorrow as well to make up for it. But we only have three chapters left.

What did you think of this one? Let me know!

Thanks to my commenters and my subscribers!