Status: Completed!

Begin Again

Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end

“John,” Leah said over the phone. He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. He needed to get it cut before he headed out on tour in just a few days.

“You know I like you,” She said.

“I feel like there is going to be a but after this,” He mumbled. He chucked a tee shirt into his suitcase and sat on his unmade bed.

“I don’t want to hold you back,” She said quietly.

“How could you even think that?” He asked. He looked out his window and the darkness took over the city, the lights came alive and people were still out and about.

“I heard Garrett and Pat the other night.” She said.

He rolled his eyes and mentally flipped off his friends. “They’re idiots, and they were drunk Leah.” He said.

“Yeah, but if you meet someone on tour, I don’t want to be the person holding you back.” She said.

He could tell she was upset and he hoped Tyler couldn't hear his sister's tone when she spoke.

“I’m not going to meet anyone, because I know I have you waiting back here for me,” He said softly. “Leah, you’re amazing and I’d be an asshole for messing it up. I don’t want to do that.”

“You don’t?” She asked him before she sniffled.

“No babe, so please let’s talk about something else. I’m not going anywhere.”

“Well,” She started.

“Yeah, yeah. Technically I am, but emotionally I’ll be right here. I promise.” He said smiling.

“Pinky promise?” He knew he got her to smile now.

“There’s my girl,” he mumbled before picking up and folding another shirt. “I pinky promise.”

John heard Leah sigh on the other end and he smiled. “So want to come help me pack?”

“John!” She scolded, he laughed and continued folding clothes.

“It was worth a shot.” He said shrugging.

John listened as Leah told him about a recital she would be in a couple of weeks. She was sad he’d miss it, but she promised someone would video it and she’d send it to him.

“I’ve seen the dance though,” He said when she told him the date of the show.

“That’s true,” She agreed.

He smiled as she talked about her class that she taught that day.

“Hey, you know even though I won’t be here, I’m still here for you right?” He asked thinking back to the conversation he had with Tyler.

“Of course John, thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's almost done, what do you readers think?
We only have one left...or maybe two? I'm not sure if I'm going to add something extra.