Status: My very first story ever to be seen by anyone :)

My Future Lies in You

Chapter 1

Interviews were always fun, especially when it was with all the boys, and they had half an hour until the next one started. He and Louis were in the middle of a nerf war, when his phone vibrated in his pocket, and he called for a time out while he checked it. He smiled when he saw that is was a text from his girlfriend Lily, but that smile soon faded as he read it, 'It's over, don't call or text me'. Staring down at the small screen Liam was in complete shock, who knew that so few words could turn your world upside down, and pack such a hard punch.

Liam was in a world of his own, jumping slightly when Louis put his hand on his shoulder, and told him that they were wanted. Heading into the dressing room, Liam got ready in silence, and then followed Louis and the others into the room where the interview would take place.

"Hey guys," The interviewer said with a smile as the boys took their seats, "I'm Darren Branch, and I'm here from Music America to get the inside gossip. Let's start with something easy shall we, you've been together just over a year now how's it all going?"

"It's going great," Harry stated earning nods from the others, "I mean we're all doing something that we love, and dreamt of doing which doesn't happen very often."

"Where would you all be now if One Direction wasn't put together?"

"Well obviously we were all still studying at the time of the x-factor auditions, so I guess we'd still be doing that and pursuing other careers," Louis replied.

"We've had so many questions sent in for you guys, and the fans have been gathering outside all morning. With that said lets see what they want to know," Darren said shuffling his papers on his lap, "This one is from Kayleigh, she wants to know what has been the highlight of your time as a band after x-factor?"

"Doing the X-Factor tour and performing in front of five hundred thousand people was mind blowing, but the truth is our whole journey up until now has been awesome," Zayn answered.

"This question is from Sally-Ann, she would like to know what your favorite thing is about your fans?"

"I think it has to be their dedication, and the fact that they are so passionate about what we do, as well as who we are as people... we'd be nowhere without their support," Liam stated speaking for the first time.

The interview went on for forty-five minutes, but finally it was over, and Liam couldn't wait to escape the small room they had been stuck in. He knew that the boys knew something was wrong, from the concerned looks they were giving him, and he also knew that he would need to tell them before the show the following night.

Sitting in the car on the way back to their hotel, Liam kept his head leant against the window, watching the streets of New York whizz by, and listening to the music which was playing through his headphones. Arriving back at the hotel, Liam walked ahead of the group, entering their shared hotel room, and going straight into the room he was sharing with Zayn.

Lying on his bed staring at the ceiling, Liam found himself feeling emotionally exhausted having to hide his true feelings, but now he could let everything out and that included the tears that now formed in his eyes. An hour later he heard the door open and close, turning over so that his back was towards whoever came in. Feeling the bed dip considerably, Liam knew that it was more than one of the boys, and kept his gaze on the wall in front of him.

"What's going on Li?" Zayn asked placing his hand on Liam's shoulder and squeezing it gently.

"Lily broke up with me," Liam replied his voice quiet and raspy.

"What? Why?" Louis asked, "She seemed to be fine when she came to visit last week."

"I don't know why, she didn't even tell me over the phone she told me over a text, and told me not to contact her."

"That's harsh, she should have at least given you a reason... come watch a film with us," Harry suggested, "It'll take your mind off of it."

"Harry's right Li," Niall added.

"I might join you soon," Liam mumbled.

"Okay mate, we're all here for you when you need us," Louis stated as everyone got up and left, patting his leg to show him that they were there to support him.

Silence filled the room, but Zayn's hand remained on Liam's shoulder, and Liam shifted onto his back, so that he could look at his best friend. The look of anger in Zayn's eyes surprised Liam, because Zayn wasn't the sort of person to get angry over little things, and that included break ups... sure he got upset but never angry.

Liam didn't know what to say, what was there to say he got dumped and he didn't even know why, it was just another person who didn't think he was good enough. Unknown to the others Liam really struggled with never feeling good enough, and he covered this with fake confidence which worked well enough... the only time he was truly confident was with the boys, and on stage.

It was half an hour before Liam decided that they should go watch the film with the others, having calmed himself down enough to show his face, and so he followed Zayn into the other room. Slotting himself down next to Louis who nudged his shoulder and smiled, Liam made sure he left enough space for Zayn, before getting comfortable and concentrating on 21 Jump Street which was playing on the television.

He didn't really pay much attention to the film if he as honest, but having the boys around made him feel a little better, and although it would take a while for him to fully get over it, he knew that none of the boys... his four best friends... would let him fall. The single life seemed like a good idea for a while, at least until Liam was ready and he really didn't know when that would be in the future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi :) Thanks for reading

Just so everyone knows I know Liam hasn't dated anyone called Lily (That we know of), but I didn't want to use anyone he'd actually dated.