‹ Prequel: Our Secret Place
Status: (2016) Active for the summer!! :)

In Oceans Deep

Cold

The house is cold today. Bitter winds swirl in from outside as soon as the door opens. They bring with them pain and anguish without the blessing of closure.

Theodore’s mother stands in the doorway listening to the steady voice of this stranger in uniform who tries to keep her calm; his hat in one hand, the other taps her arm in a sympathetic gesture. Theo sees all this from the sofa, eyes piercing like frozen ice, mind trying to understand.

The stranger holds up a photo he cannot see; his mother’s hands fly to her mouth her body crumpling to the floor, except a pair of strong hands catch her and pull her up. His father. Hushed and broken voices mix with sobs until finally the door is closed cutting off the cold which flowed in.

But the house still feels cold to him. The air makes goosebumps rise on his arms as his parents slowly walk towards him. Shivers run down his spine as they mutter the words, words which are empty yet heavy with everything he already knew.

His brother is missing, presumed dead. And suddenly the cold swells within him like ice expanding and it blocks out everything else in him, everything but the desire for them to feel his pain. Jacket in hand, he storms out of the house, escaping the outstretched fingertips which beg him not to go, slamming the front door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I decided to make a sequel, wooooo!! I don't really know how this is going to turn out but hopefully it'll be as good if not better than the first one, so here goes!!