Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Twenty-Six Birth of a hero

Chapter Twenty-Six
Birth of a hero
~Peter~

“We have to take down the sail!”
Killian roared out over the raging storm that we had found ourselves in. The water was rough and pitch black, the wind howling and rocking the ship violently from side to side. I had no doubt that this was the work of Maleficent, somehow she found out what had been going on here and now she was trying to kill us all before we reached our destination.

“Maleficent’s magic is to strong! We can’t over power her!”
Regina called out looking towards me, I narrowed my eyes at the sky. I knew that Krissi was the only one who could come close to matching her level of power. But with Merlin’s magic inside me now, I was hoping I could have some kind of impact against her magic now too. I held my hand up focusing on clearing the storm away. When my magic made impact with the storm it was like slamming into a brick wall, but I didn’t stop. Forcing more magic through my hand I thought about Krissi and how all I wanted to do was save her.

Maleficent’s storm started to ripple and become more violent the harder I fought, but I wasn’t giving up. I held up both hands to the sky yelling out in rage using everything in me to shatter her storm. Cracks started to appear in the clouds and then, the storm shattered braking apart like glass. I dropped to my knees out of breath and weak from expelling so much power, Felix was quick to my side.

“You need rest”.
He said looking at me. I turned my eyes away from him fighting to my feet.
“I’m ok, I just want to get to her and get this over with”.
Emma frowned at me.

“Felix is right Peter, if you want to beat Thanatos you need rest, we’ve got a couple hours before we even reach his castle. You should sleep for now, save up your strength”.
Emma was right, I nodded and made my way back towards the cabin, and Felix followed ushering me inside to make sure I actually got the rest I was supposed to get. I sighed laying on the bed facing the back windows of the ship. Felix sat by the window.
“He won’t let her go without a real fight, are you sure you’re ready for something like this?”
I looked at him for a moment.
“Something like what?”

Felix smirked at me.
“Becoming a hero, it’s a lot to live up to”.
I sighed heavily putting my hands behind my head as I stared at the ceiling. He was right, after this I would have a lot to live up to. None of that mattered though, all that mattered was Krissi and I being together forever. The title, the responsibility’s none of those things meant anything to me.
“As long as Krissi is by my side, I can do anything”.

I said honestly as I looked at him. Felix smirked at me.
“Sounds like you’re going to give Thanatos what’s coming to him”.
I looked at Felix.
“I am, Krissi means more to me than anything, and she is the reason I changed as much as I have. She gave me a second chance at happiness and I’m not going to let anyone stand in the way of that. Not even a god”.

Felix stood starting towards the door, I looked at him.
“Felix, don’t be scared to accept your second chance, I think you deserve it”.
He smirked at me.
“Right, but I’m still not cutting my hair”.
He filed out of the room and I closed my eyes slipping into a deep sleep. Of course my dreams were only of Krissi. The ship rocked and knocked me out of the bed. I hit the ground hearing sounds of cannon fire. My eyes narrowed as I fought to my feet.

“Peter!”
Amanda called out as she, Henry and Felix rushed into the room.
“What’s going on out there?”
I got up brushing myself off. Amanda frowned.
“He’s got ships of Dead people coming at us, Jack’s locked himself in the brig and is refusing to come out!”
I rolled my eyes.
“Wonderful”.
I said starting towards the door.
“Anything else?”
I looked back at them. Henry sighed.
“We’re out numbered, you can’t kill the dead”.

I sighed shaking my head.
“No, but you can burn them”.
Henry nodded.
“I’ll find a way, and get word to the others”.
Henry rushed off, I turned to Felix.
“You and Amanda deal with Sparrow, I need to get to Krissi”.
I came out of the cabin seeing the ongoing fighting with the dead army. Emma looked back at me as she forced a living corpse backwards.
“Fire works better then steel with them”.

I said to her, Emma seemed to catch on understanding what I meant. I kicked off the ground taking flight. My eyes narrowed against the wind as I moved fast towards the castle. I flew towards the tower I knew Krissi was in. I landed on my feet seeing Krissi laying sleeping on a beautiful bed. She looked every bit like something out of a fairy tale.
“You just couldn’t stay away could you Pan?”
I looked towards Thanatos as he came into the light. I narrowed my eyes at him drawing my sword, Thanatos grinned at me.
“I see you’ve gotten an upgrade, but will it be enough to take on the god of death”.
I narrowed my eyes to slits as I approached him.
“Your about to find out”.

I threw my hand out at him sending him crashing backwards through the door. I kicked off the ground flying after him griping my sword tightly. I slashed out at him and my sword locked with his, Thanatos narrowed his eyes at me holding out his hand to send magic at me. I threw up my arm blocking his magic attack and sending him backwards again slashing out with my sword, I cut into his arm and he roared in pain as the blade became iron hot cutting into his flesh and making him bleed.

Thanatos became more aggressive with his attacks, his sword work became faster and hard hitting. I struggled to stand my ground against him. He smirked at me tossing up a blue powder that made everything around is fade into shadows. I looked around unable to see, Thanatos flung himself forwards slashing out at me with hard hitting combinations. He knocked me back and I hit the ground as the darkness lifted.

“Like I said punk, you’re just a kid and now you’re going to be a dead kid”.
I looked back at him narrowing my eyes. Blood gushing from my many wounds as I stayed right where he wanted me. Thanatos lifted his sword high ready to strike down on me. I held out my hand and pulled back gripping his soul, Thanatos roared in pain as I ripped his soul out of his body. I used my sword slicing his soul clean in two shattering it.

A sonic boom of energy shot out across the realm of immortals. I forced myself to my feet supporting myself against the wall. My eyes fixed on Krissi who still lay un-moving. I approached her hearing footsteps running up the steps behind me, I knew it was Emma and the others. I sat on the edge of the bed looking down at Krissi and placing my hand to her cheek.

I leaned in pressing my lips against hers, a stronger pulse shot through the realm of immortals shattering the wall that bound us within this world. I pulled back looking down at Krissi as she opened her eyes smiling up at me.
“Peter?”
I smiled at her taking her in my arms.
“I told you, Peter Pan never fails”.
She smiled tears glazed in her eyes as she looked at me.
“Krissi!”

She turned seeing her mom and grandparents.
“Mom! Grandma, Grandpa”.
She got up hugging them. I watched her as she reunited with her family. It was good to see her happy like this, she hugged Rumple and Regina moving down the row to Henry, Amanda and Felix. She turned to Tink and the dwarfs hugging all of them. Krissi paused as she reached her father. Killian brought her into his arms.
“It’s alright love”.
He whispered petting her hair.
“I trust you”.
She smiled at him knowing that was as close to accepting her and I as Killian would ever come. Krissi turned seeing Jack and smiled.
“Jack, you came”.

Jack smiled at her.
“Well, I didn’t have much of a choice”.
Krissi rolled her eyes as she hugged him.
“Thank you Jack, for everything”.
She came back towards me taking me in her arms and looking towards her loved ones.
“We should be getting home”.
Emma nodded to her daughter.
“Now that the wall is gone, we can go home”.
We returned to the ship and set a course for Storybrook. As we sailed between worlds, I kept my arms around Krissi who was marveling at all the brilliant colors and endless stars we were passing.
“So, Mom says you’re some kind of hero now”.

Krissi smiled at me as she turned to face me. I smiled at her holding her hands in mine.
“Was there ever any doubt?”
Krissi laughed lightly shaking her head.
“Not one, but I have to wonder. Why me? You could have had anyone and been happy with them”.
I smirked at her placing my hand against her cheek.
“You still don’t get it do you? You have enchanted my world, you’ve healed my heart and given me a second chance at a happy ending. I am in love with you Krissi Jones, and only you”.

I leaned in pressing my lips to hers. As I held her close against me, I felt her arms wrap around me as she returned my kiss. I had proved that I was capable of being a self-less hero to everyone who doubted me, including myself. Whatever was waiting for us back in Storybrook wouldn’t be easy to deal with but I knew we could get through it all together.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3