Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Three Familiar Stranger

Chapter Three
Familiar Stranger
~Emma~

I screamed in horror, Gold past me before I could move catching Krissi in his arms and easing her to the ground. His eyes darted to the black rock in the box.
“Regina!”
She narrowed her eyes at the rock throwing out her hand and causing it to shatter into ashes. I could feel my body shaking in horror, Amanda was at Krissi’s side sobbing trying to get her to open her eyes. Killian was next to Gold.

“We need to get her to the hospital now!”
Gold looked at him.
“She’ll fry out the systems there if we take her”.

Killian looked at Gold confused. Henry stepped forwards kneeling down next to his sister. He looked towards the black ash that was once the stone Krissi touched.
“Who gave this to my sister?”
He roared looking around the room with angry eyes, I stepped forwards taking him in my arms tears rolling down his cheeks.
“Who did this?”
Henry roared. I shook my head keeping him in my arms.
“Henry, I don’t think the person who gave Krissi this stone is in the room with us right now”.
I looked at Regina and Gold.
“What was that? What happened to my daughter?”

Regina sighed looking to Gold who didn’t meet her gaze.
“It was an unbinding charm, as of now Krissi’s magic is awake and active inside her”.
“Magic?”
Henry and Amanda frowned looking at me and Killian.
“We’ll have explanations later”.
Dad said stepping forwards.
“Let’s get her somewhere safe, where Doctor Foster can keep an eye on her”.
With everyone in agreement, Killian picked Krissi up in his arms carrying her from the room.

Everyone following after him. I looked at Regina who nodded to me. Amanda and Henry looked at me with slightly narrowed eyes, but I didn’t look at them. I followed Regina to her office where she closed the doors before they could follow us.
“How could this happen, I thought for sure with you and Gold watching over her something like this would be impossible”.
I said drying my eyes, Regina sat next to me placing her hand on my shoulder.
“You can’t blame yourself Emma, or anyone else. This magic whatever it was it was unlike anything Gold or I have dealt with that’s why we didn’t sense it. Now isn’t the time to break down, Krissi needs you”.

I looked away from Regina getting to my feet facing the window as I hugged myself.
“Krissi fell off the ship at exactly midnight, when she fell I felt this ominous energy Regina I think someone pushed her, someone we couldn’t see or sense”.
Regina nodded.
“It’s possible, right now our focus has to be Krissi, teaching her about magic letting her build up her strength. Whatever this is Emma it’s coming for her hard and fast, and we can’t avoid the truth anymore. Your daughter is the new Savior a different one with a different path”.

I sighed shaking my head lightly.
“I never wanted this for her, I wanted her to have a normal life. A happy one”.
Regina moved towards me gripping my shoulders lightly.
“Emma, just because she has powerful gifts doesn’t mean she can’t be happy. You need to believe in her now more than ever. Right now what she needs is strength and guidance. We’ll break the news to the town in the morning, but right now you need to break the news to your daughter”.

I nodded to her, she was right. We may have gotten off to a rocky start, but Regina was strong for Krissi when I couldn’t be. When I wanted to hide her and keep her from having to live up to her fate, Regina was pushing forwards with determination and strength. I guess because of what I went through as a kid and because I lost Henry, I was so scared when that prophecy was given by Gold the moment he touched her. The words left his lips and he felt a bond with her. Now I needed to tell Krissi everything, I was scared of losing my daughter. But there was no avoiding it now and her power couldn’t be rebound.

As I arrived home Killian was waiting for me in the living room, Amanda and Henry were at Granny’s with my dad. Killian took my hands into his kissing my lips lightly.
“She’s alright now, she’s upstairs with your mom and Gold no one’s told her anything yet”.
I nodded to him, despite the fact I was scared that Krissi would hate me for keeping things from her I made my way upstairs to her bedroom. She looked weak but her eyes were open. My mother sat at her bedside holding her hand while Gold stood close by, he turned to me knowing just as I did that things were about to change forever for all of us, but more for Krissi then anyone.

“Mom? What’s going on?”
Krissi spoke in a weak voice, I stood at the foot of her bed holding Killian’s hand in mine as we looked at our daughter. We knew this day would come.
“Krissi, we haven’t been honest with you, but it wasn’t because we wanted to hurt you. We, I wanted to protect you. After I lost Henry and I’ve seen what magic does to people, it always comes with a price and I didn’t want you to have to pay it. Krissi sweet heart, you were born with a very powerful magic inside you. This magic makes you immortal, you are the very first magical immortal born in this world that makes you extremely special and extraordinary”.

Krissi frowned looking around at us. I hung my head sighing softly.
“Don’t blame them, it was my choice to bind your magic, whoever left that gift for you wanted to unbind your magic before you were 18 which was the date I agreed to let Gold and Regina unbind your magic”.
Krissi sighed shaking her head lightly.
“So all these things I’ve been experiencing, the dreams, the visions that voice? Its real and you’ve all be lying to me convincing me I’m crazy?”

I sighed feeling disappointed in myself but I did what I needed to do in order to protect my daughter. I didn’t regret that choice.
“The point is, your powers are unbound now and that means that whatever evil the prophecy spoke of is around, we need to know who gave you that box.”
Krissi looked at us I knew she was questioning why she should trust us. After everything that happened I blamed myself for her mistrust in us all. I saw her eyes soften as she folded her hands in her lap relaxing.
“Aurora gave it to me, she found me by the forest after I saw myself with this guy I’ve been seeing a lot in my mind”.
Mom smiled at her taking hold of her hand.
“Sounds like you’re having visions about your true love”.
Gold narrowed his eyes slightly.
“Didn’t Aurora and Philip go back to the enchanted forest before Emma and the others returned?”

Mom looked over at him.
“Yeah that’s right, Brier said they were going back on a mission. They didn’t go into much detail other then it was something important they had to do alone”.
I suddenly clued in to Gold’s worry. If it wasn’t really Aurora who gave Krissi that gift, then who was it? Mom stood kissing Krissi’s forehead lightly.
“Sweet heart, everythings going to be alright”.
Gold nodded moving forwards.
“I’m going to train you myself”.
Krissi smiled at him hearing that news made her really happy. I almost envied Gold’s bond with my daughter. He hugged her and left the room with Killian following behind him. I walked over sitting on the edge of her bed frowning a bit.

“I understand if you hate me for telling everyone to lie to you”.
Krissi looked at me shaking her head lightly.
“I don’t hate you mom, I just wish you would have been honest with me beforehand. All this time you were treating me like I’m broken, now I know it’s because I’m a freak”.
I took her hands into mine.
“You are not a freak, a being of magic much less with immortal blood born in this world has never happened before Krissi, you are extraordinary and the people of this town are going to protect you. I’m going to protect you”.
I cupped her cheek, Krissi smiled placing her hand over mine.

“I know you will mom”.
I sighed lightly still feeling bad for hurting her like I knew I had. All I wanted was to protect her, but I hadn’t meant to get everyone she loves lying to her too.
“We need to tell the town tomorrow I wanted you to know first. You’re my daughter, and it’s time I stopped treating you like a broken toy”.
I hugged her tightly cupping my hand to the back of her head.
“It’s going to take time, but be penitent with me”.
Krissi smiled at me drying my tears.
“I know mom, you love me more than anyone”.
I smiled at her trying her tears away.
“That’s right, and don’t forget it”.
I hugged her tight before heading from the room. Doctor Foster was talking with Killian giving him instructions. Krissi was supposed to take it easy for a while. After experiencing a shock like she did I was grateful that was all she would need. Killian took me in his arms once Doctor Foster left.

“How is she holding up?”
Killian asked resting his forehead to mine. I exhaled lightly resting my arms against his shoulders.
“She’s brave like her dad”.
Killian smiled tucking some of my hair behind my ear.
“I thought she got her bravery from you, she gets her sense of adventure from me”.
I laughed lightly remembering how adventurous Krissi was as a baby and a little girl.
“Remember that time she got into The Peanut butter?”
Killian laughed.
“How could I forget? We were cleaning it out of her hair for weeks”.
I smiled up at him.
“What if I can’t protect her Killian? I’m the Savior, but I feel like my daughters about to slip from my grasp”.

Killian smiled at me smoothing his hand over my cheek.
“Emma, we have faced every challenge we’ve come up against head on, this is just another challenge, and we will always fight for our daughter and protect her. Just like we fought for Henry in Never Land”.
I smiled at him.
“Your right, I’ve got nothing to worry about. I have more than enough experience to protect Krissi”.
Killian gave me a light kiss on the lips.
“Now we just have to brake it to the town’s people. A new evil is coming to Story Brook and it’s coming for our daughter”.

Regina called a town meeting for that next night. Amanda and Henry weren’t speaking to me or Killian but they were still in the dark about Krissi. As Krissi and I arrived at the meeting I looked at her worriedly.
“You don’t have to be here for this. I mean, you can always stay home with your father”.
Krissi shook her head lightly.
“The people need to see I’m still in one piece so to speak”.
I nodded to her, she was right it could help ease people’s minds. We walked into the hall and everyone was yelling and talking at once. Krissi held tight to my hand.
“You think Jack Sparrow ever did anything like this?”

I smiled at her shaking my head.
“No, but if you don’t stop talking about him you’re going to give your father a stroke”.
Krissi giggled.
“Sorry, he’s my favorite Pirate”.
“Oh really?”
Killian raised an eyebrow at her, Krissi laughed hugging her father.
“Oh come on Daddy, you know he’s way under you. You’re like the Pirate king”.
Killian grinned.
“You get your flattery skills from me”.
Krissi giggled walking with her father and I to the front of the room. Everyone was so busy fighting with each other they hadn’t noticed us. Regina was beside herself trying to get everyone to calm down. Krissi walked over to her and hugged her.
“May I?”

Regina sighed looking towards the podium.
“If you can get them to calm down you truly are a miracle worker”.
Krissi smiled walking up to the podium and without missing a beat she cleared her throat.
“Free rounds of beer at the Rabbit’s hole for everyone after the meeting curtesy of my dad”.
Killian paled and I laughed as everyone stopped talking. Krissi smiled.
“She also gets her negotiation skills from me”.
Killian said, I smirked nudging him.

“She is your daughter”.
Everyone sat down and Regina stepped up to the podium looking out at everyone. Krissi sat with Killian and I in the front row next to my parents and Amanda and Henry were sitting on the other side of them. Neal and Brier were sitting on the other side of the isle from us.

“You have all been gathered here today for an explanation as to what happened to Krissi Jones at the birthday ball last night. We were waiting until she was 18 but the stone she touched sent voltage through her body and unbound her magic. Before anyone says anything, yes Krissi was born in this world, in Story Brook. A world that magical or immortal beings are born in. until now. Krissi is immortal because of the rare magic inside her body and much like the rest of us will stop aging at some point in her life. As she was born there was a prophecy that was delivered also by Mister Gold. On her 16th year she will find power, true love and pure evil”.

People started talking among themselves looking worried. Regina held up her hand silencing them.
“Yes, this means that a new evil is coming to Story Brook, and it’s coming for Krissi. She is the only one who can stop it, Krissi will become the new Savior”.
Now everyone started to talk and call things out sounding worried. I kept my arm around Krissi’s shoulders looking towards Henry and Amanda who looked shocked. But both narrowed their eyes.
“What are you all so worried about?”

Amanda called out crossing her arms. Henry stood next to her.
“Yeah! Sure Krissi’s got no upper body strength, but she’s still amazing!”
Krissi rolled her eyes at Henry’s almost compliment. Amanda elbowed him but continued.
“There is no one more perfect for this role then my baby sister! She’s amazing! She never gives up on anything! When we were kids she was determined to get her training wheels off for before anyone else! And she did!”

Henry nodded.
“Yeah, she was riding a big kid’s bike at six years old! Frist one in her class to do that”.
Amanda smiled.
“And she’s kind, she always makes sure to pack extra food in her lunch for school incense someone needs it!”
Henry nodded putting his arm around Amanda.
“And I know that Krissi would face whatever evil there is out there coming for her! Because she would do anything for the people she loves. So can’t you all love her enough to have faith in her now when she needs it most?”

Krissi smiled at her siblings dabbing her eyes with a tissue. I smiled hugging her.
“What beautiful words”.
I looked back towards the doors seeing a dark heard woman standing there. Her green eyes were familiar to me but I couldn’t place them. I stood with Regina and my parents looking at her.
“Who are you? I don’t think I’ve seen you before”.

The woman smiled as she approached us.
“Forgive me, I was just so moved by this supportive family scene. Most siblings are at each other’s throats all the time trying to kill each other”.
She laughed but I found no humor in her words.
“Our family’s different, you didn’t answer my question. Who are you?”
The woman gave a light laugh.
“Forgive me, I am Malory Bishop or “Purple” as I was known in the enchanted forest”.
Regina narrowed her eyes a little.
“A fairy? I’ve never heard of you”.

Malory frowned a bit.
“Well, I wasn’t a popular fairy, most people tend to overlook me. I have finally rejoined my sisters, I was just unpacking at the church and that’s why I’m late. I was moved by the speech your children gave and I had to say something”.
Her eyes fixed on Krissi and I saw her smile grow.
“The miracle it is an honor to meet you, should you need any help with magic”.
“She’s taken care of”.
Gold said cutting in and moving to my side placing his hand on Krissi’s shoulder. Malory laughed lightly.

“My apologizes I didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes. I will rejoin my sisters then”.
I watched her join the other fairies looking to Regina. There was something off about Malory, I could have sworn I had seen her before but I still couldn’t place her. I made a mental note to keep an eye on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3