Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Two Sweet 16

Chapter Two
Sweet 16

We arrived back in Story Brook early that next morning, I had to admit it was nice to be home and the town was getting ready to celebrate mine and Amanda’s birthday. My Godmother Regina was putting together a birthday ball for us tonight at her place and pretty much everyone was invited. During the day there was a street festival. From what Grams told me birthdays were celebrated that way in the enchanted forest. Amanda headed to Granny’s with our parents and Henry for breakfast, I didn’t feel much like eating so I continued home. I told Amanda all about the visions and that strange prophecy I kept hearing in my dreams.

She chocked it up to my over active imagination. I guess she was right, I mean why would any of those strange things really mean anything. I paused in mid step looking towards the forest in the distance. There was a pull I felt towards them, something I couldn’t explain. I crossed the street and started towards the forest. As I reached the trees I pressed my hand lightly against the side of the tree looking into the forest. In flashes I saw images again. I was wearing a rose colored sun dress running through the trees with the guy I had seen as I was drowning. I took a step forwards but as my hand left the tree the image shattered.

“Princess?”
I turned seeing Aurora smiling at me holding a small box. It had a purple bow at the top and was shimmering pink. I smiled best I could to her.
“Aurora, it’s nice to see you again”.
She held out the box.
“Philip and I won’t be able to make the party tonight, I just saw your sister at Granny’s and gave her gift to her. I was on my way to your place when I saw you out here”.

I smiled at her taking the box into my hands.
“Thank you, is your daughter going to be at the party with Neal tonight?”
She nodded.
“Yes, Neal and Brier are going to be there together. Philip and I have something else we need to do tonight. I’m so sorry we won’t be there”.
I shook my head lightly.
“Not a problem, it’s fine”.

She gave me a light hug and smiled at me.
“Is everything ok? You looked so happy just now, then it was like reality washed over you”.
I looked back towards the trees.
“Yeah, I’m alright. It’s nothing at least not something anyone would believe”.
Aurora smiled at me taking my hands into hers.
“Maybe you could talk to Regina you two seem to have a kinship”.
That was an idea I hadn’t through of. I smiled at Aurora giving a light nod.
“Thanks”.
I took my cell phone from my pocket after saying goodbye to Aurora and putting her gift in my messenger bag. I called Regina’s phone hoping she’d answer.
“Hello?”

I smiled hearing her voice.
“Regina? It’s Krissi, I was wondering can we talk? I’ve been experiencing somethings and well I can’t make sense of them”.
“Sure, I’m at my office now, why don’t you come down and we’ll have some tea together”.
I beamed, sometimes talking to Regina was like getting a new perspective on things. It was only because mom was so over protective and freaked out over the smallest things that I really didn’t feel right talking to her or dad about it. While Amanda was my twin, sometimes she didn’t quite get me.
“I’d like that, I’ll be there soon”.

I headed across town towards Regina’s office. As I arrived I saw my parents were leaving the building. I had to wonder what they were doing there. But thankfully they didn’t see me. I walked into the building and knocked on her office door.

“Come in”.
I peeked into the office and smiled at Regina.
“Wow, look at you”.
She smiled taking me into a hug, I hugged her back.
“Hey, I’m glad to be home”.
Regina smiled at me holding my hands in hers.
“I’m glad you’re here too. Now how about that tea?”

I sat on the couch folding my hands in my lap as Regina poured the tea, she looked at me seeming to know more than anyone that I was experiencing something not of this world.

“What’s going on?”
I looked at her knowing I could trust her to at least hear me out.
“I’ve been having dreams and visions, and when I fell overboard I saw someone as I was drowning, the face of this guy. It felt like I knew him and all I wanted to do was reach out and touch him. And, then there were darker images. This locket, a shadowed figure of a woman and a vial of blood”.
Regina frowned at me as she lifted her tea cup to her lips.

“My dreams though they’re different, see I hear this crying baby and there’s nothing but darkness all around us. And I hear this woman’s voice speaking some ominous prophecy all to do with turning sixteen. Something about facing power, true love and pure evil”.
Regina looked away from me.
“Have you thought this might just be your over active imagination?”
She asked not meeting my eyes. I sighed looking away from her.
“Amanda said the same thing, but it’s not because just now when I was in the forest”.
Regina looked at me.

“Doesn’t your mother have rules against you going out there?”
I looked down shaking my head lightly.
“You know, just forget it obviously this is all just in my head”.
I got up grabbing my bag and leaving before she could say another word. I was really getting sick of people treating me like a baby. Like a stupid baby. As time for the party rolled around I sat in my room not even sure if I was going to bother going. I didn’t know why, but deep in my gut I knew everyone I loved was lying to me about something.

There was a knock on my door, I sighed turning away from the window to face my door as it opened a crack. Mom smiled at me coming into the room.
“I have something for you, it was supposed to be mine when I turned sixteen”.
She held out the beautiful ball gown, it was a rich amethyst color. She set the dress down on the bed.

“Your sisters wearing your grandmothers sweet sixteen gown so I thought I’d give mine to you”.
I gave the best smile I could muster.
“Thanks mom”.
She took me into her arms hugging me tight and I clung to her closing my eyes. I felt her hand against the back of my head.
“I love you, please don’t ever forget that baby girl”.

I hugged her tight tears beading through my lashes.
“I love you too Mom”.
She smiled at me holding me out at arm’s length.
“Now, let’s get ready for your birthday ball”.
Mom helped me get ready for the ball, it was the first ball I’d ever go to, Regina and Grams put a lot of effort into making it like the ones they remembered. Once I was changed into my gown matched with the perfect shoes, my hair was curled and taken into a fancy up-do. Mom smiled at me as she finished my makeup.

“Now, your gift from your father and I”.
She looked to the door as dad came in with a wooden box followed by Henry who looked very much like a dashing prince. Mom got up and opened the box taking out a beautiful amethyst tiara. I gasped getting up looking at her in shock.

“Mom?”
She smiled placing it on my head tears glazed in her eyes.
“You are a princess in every way. Just like your grandmother. Don’t ever forget that”.
She said cupping her hands to my cheeks. I smiled at her glad that I had her as my mom, I was happy for all my family. We filed outside and a carriage was waiting to take us to the party.
“You’ll get to see Amanda at the unveiling seeing each other for the first time at this stage is a big deal so she went ahead with your grandparents”.

Mom explained as the carriage headed towards Regina’s place. I was kind of nervous about the party, I had never been to a ball before. I felt kind of silly going to a ball without a prince. But I knew if my dad had his way, I wouldn’t be meeting my prince for a very long time. We arrived at the party and Mom took me to the room where I was going to wait until Amanda and I were introduced.
“You’re growing up so fast, sometimes I wish I could turn back time and keep you as a baby”.
Mom said holding my hands in hers, I smiled back at her.
“Yeah, I know”.

Mom hugged me tight.
“I’ll see you downstairs”.
I sighed lightly turning towards the doors that led to the ballroom. I moved towards the doors placing my ear against the door, I could hear music playing and people talking. It sounded like a waltz was playing, I smiled to myself wondering if anyone actually knew how to waltz anymore. Humming to myself along with the melody I moved around the room.

The music died down and I turned towards the doors hearing my grandparent’s voices. I moved towards the doors and pressed my ear against it again.
“We’ve watched these two grow up from babies, they have brought joy to the town of Story Brook, and they have mended relationships and brought people together in ways that are truly magical”.
Grandpa said, I smiled to myself as I continued listening.

“They are a picture of beauty, strength and kindness, they are the heart and soul of Story Brook and today we celebrate with them sixteen years of life. Let is welcome in another year with these amazing girls who have captured our hearts. Amanda Jones and Krissi Jones”.
When everyone started to clap the doors swung open and I looked across from me to Amanda who looked elegant and sophisticated in her sapphire blue gown and tiara. She smiled at me holding out her hand. I took her hand in mine and we faced the room together making our way down the steps.

“Happy Birthday!”
Everyone cheered loudly. My uncle Neal gave me a big hug and I smiled hugging him back. Brier was next to hug me. As I looked around the room I saw everyone who had turned up. Amanda was talking with her God parents, Robin and Ruby. I crossed the room smiling at my Godfather.
“You came”.

He smiled taking my hands into his.
“Wouldn’t miss it for the world dearie”
He placed a kiss on my forehead.
“Happy birthday”.
I turned as the music started to play and Amanda was dancing with our father, I turned back to Rumple and smiled at him.
“I don’t know how to dance well, I’m not nearly that graceful”.
I said as I watched them. He took my hand in his.
“A princess needs to have her first birthday dance some time”.
I smiled at him following him to the dance floor, I was still nervous about my first dance. He took one hand in his and placed my other hand on his shoulder. He rested his other hand on my hip.

“It’s all about timing”.
I nodded following his lead. Despite how awkward I felt dancing at all I smiled getting the hang of it. I never thought I’d be able to dance like this at a ball, but here I was dancing. Belle smiled watching us as she stood with my mom. I noticed the baby bump Belle had now and looked back to Rumple.
“You’re going to be a dad?”
He gave a smile.
“I am, I would have told you but it’s not possible to send letters to a ship in the middle of the Caribbean”.
I smiled at him as we danced.
“Well, you’re going to be a great father, I believe that”.
He smirked to himself.
“Many people would disagree with you, but your faith in me means a lot to me”.

I nodded to him knowing he truly would be a wonderful dad. And Belle was going to make an amazing mom. As the music died down Ruby and Regina stood together at the front of the room getting everyone’s attention.
“It’s time for the gifts”.
Ruby smiled around at everyone, she looked beautiful in her red silk gown. Regina gave a nod.
“We hope that the two of you enjoy all the gifts you’ve been given and that you know that none of these gifts match up to the gifts you two have brought to Story Brook”.

Amanda beamed holding my hand in hers. We walked over to the table of gifts. Amanda was first to open a gift she picked a small box that had ruby earrings inside from Ruby and Granny. That was when it caught my eye, the gift Aurora had given me today, the one I was sure I had left in my bedroom. I reached out picking up the box and pulling the ribbon free from the lid, everyone around me smiling and happy as I pulled off the lid, inside was a black stone.

The moment my fingers touched the stone I screamed feeling like I was being electrocuted, there was a jolt of voltage inside me and then everything went black as my body went limp.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3