Robbers

Chapter One

“Alright, remember, we’re in and out in four minutes. Any longer and we risk getting caught. Got it?” Vic spoke sternly, his chocolate eyes locked on mine. Of course I knew the drill. We had done this over a dozen times now and although the process had evolved and matured since the first few times, it was basically the same thing every time though.

Still, every time we did this, Vic went over everything at least twice. He always said I was his first priority and he needed to make sure I was safe. It would have been a romantic gesture if he hadn’t been doing this since we were kids.

I nodded, letting him know that I understood everything he had just said, and that I was ready to go.

We were currently in a small, country town just a half hour’s drive from Las Vegas. It was almost five, the desert sun was beating down on us from its position in the sky, and the one guard inside the bank we had targeted was about to go on break. Another guard would replace him, but it usually took him at least five minutes to do it so the building would be completely unprotected.

I watched as Vic peered around the side of the building we were stationed behind just a few doors down from the bank, the maze of alleyways behind the building providing a perfect hiding spot, looking to see if the security guard had left yet. It only took a moment before he was turning back around, nodding at me.

I grabbed the black ski mask I had tucked away in my back pocket and slipped it over my head, making sure it was positioned right. By the time I was done Vic already had his mask on and he was standing right in front of me. I nodded at him, a silent signal that I was ready and he stepped closer, grabbing my face and pulling me in for a hard kiss that didn’t last nearly as long as I would have liked.

Then, we were moving through the network of alleyways we had mapped out. We knew exactly which ones would take us to the bank so we wouldn’t be seen, although there really weren’t many people out to see us anyway.

We quickly reached the alley in between the bank and the office next to it and dashed out from between the brick walls keeping us concealed, bursting through the front doors of the bank.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is extremely short, next one is longer I promise