365 Days

0.2

“Stella!”

“Matteo!”

I ran up to the DJ booth and threw my arms around Matteo Chiarello. Matteo was also a really good friend of ours. He and Roman shared a strong cousin-bestfriend bond, although he was the complete opposite of his imbecile of a cousin; Matteo may have taken the reigns of being a complete Guido but he had a heart as big as his perky football butt.

“How are you, baby?”

What was it with these Italian cousins and calling every girl ‘baby’? It makes me cringe.

“I’m great! How’s the DJ life going? I haven’t heard any new releases from you lately.”

He shrugged. “I’ve been pretty busy. How’s Nicole?”

“Stupidly in love with your cousin as always,” I replied with an eye roll.

It was no surprise that Matt was asking about Nicole. He always found her attractive but he and I were on the same boat of not supporting the whole Nicole/Roman relationship. It was too bad Nicole only saw Matt as a friend - he would have treated her like a queen.

Matt chuckled. “Typical.”

“Anyways, mind if I request a couple songs?”

“Yeah, yeah, for sure. Write ‘em down!”

After writing down a couple songs that I wouldn’t mind hearing, I continued to make my way towards the beer pong tables. A couple of familiar faces from school as well as a bunch of non-familiar faces from different schools engaged in a heated battle.

“Didn’t think you’d show up.”

My breath hitched my throat as I knew that all too familiar voice ringing through my ears. I debated whether or not to turn around and face those striking green eyes or to remain standing with my back against him, knowing damn well that I’ll only turn into putty in his hands.

“From what I recall, you’re not a very big fan of my best friend’s.”

I chuckled and turned around, facing the one and only Andrew Millen for the first time in weeks since class ended. He stood in front of me with his usually styled quiff flattened down into a mop of mess on his head, his eyes hazy and a drink in one hand, a joint in the other. His lips curled into that lazy, crooked grin of his and I could feel my insides melting bit by bit.

He takes in a large puff from his joint and exhales the smoke in my face, his devilish smirk prominent through the clouds of smoke. I noticed he was wearing his favorite snapback on backwards along with a worn out blue flannel that remained unbutton, leaving him in his black v-neck t-shirt. His toned chest was enough to tease every female in sight and his flannel sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, leaving his sleeve-in-the-making tattooed arm in full display.

His bad boy appearance along with his mysterious attitude were such a turn on.

“He shouldn’t take it so personally,” I say, crossing my arms. “He gives me every reason not to be a fan of his.”

Drew’s deep laugh emerged from his throat and echoed through my ears. He finished the last bit of his drink and chucks it in the nearest garbage can. He holds his hand out to me.

“What do you say we head up to Roman’s rooftop and you can tell me how much you despise my best friend?"

I take his hand and let him lead the way.