Rory's Journal [Do Not Open]

April 18th, 2009

Today I realized something, journal.
It seems like, almost, I'm just living the same day over and over again...
It IS my birthday today--though, no one seems to notice at all. (Except maybe Jimmy. But since he's in the States right now, it really doesn't do me much good other than rereading his text messages saying "Happy Birthday, oldie.") Bradley has been downstairs all day. And by 'downstairs' I mean way down. As in, the cellar. Mum hasn't even noticed he was gone and Erik has been stumbling around the house yelling to Bradley, "Get some more rum from the store, ya big headed freak!" thinking he could hear him. I'm clearly tired of my life, journal. Sometimes I wish I had another me walking around doing exciting things that I could switch into anytime I wanted to.

Guess thats just me, though. I mean, its absurd right? Well, Journal...I realized as well today that I would be so pleased if maybe something EXCITING could happen to me! Maybe something involving like...meeting a zombie or...killing a dinosaur!

I guess I could narrate today, but it'd bore you. (If Journals could get bored, that is) The strange thing is, journal...its almost as if you CAN get bored..I do feel as if you're real in someway.

Ah, anyways, I'll carry on with today. (Meaning, I'm going to go LIVE today and write tonight. Its only 9:30 in the morning for God's sake.)

"Rory!" I heard the sound of my drunken stepfather call my name from the bottom of the stairs. "Rory, go find your brother!" It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut. Constant orders, he'd give nowadays! I almost miss him spoiling me and calling me adorable.

"Coming--" I shouted back, and lowered my voice for only me to hear, "You fat, drunken buffoon.." With an enormous sigh I slouched and fumbled my way downstairs, pouting. Erik, I thought, Holy Haggis, life! Could it get any worse? I finally reached the bottom step and did what we all do when trying to find a family member.
"BRADLEY!" I called out, lazily. With no response, I decided to go down to the cellar, where I knew he had gone. Its normal for Bradley to wander off to the cellar, at least the past few months he's been doing it.

After forcing myself to walk, I managed to open the door to the cellar. For some reason, I half expected him to be right in front of me smiling or giggling and saying, "Ello Brotha!". But really, I didn't know WHAT to expect, for I hadn't seen or talked to him for the past few months he spent in the cellar. God knows, he could be an evil mastermind now.
"'Ello!" I called down the dark stairs. Straightening my glasses and forcing myself to take a step down into the cold cellar, I attempted to look for my brother. "Bradley, are you even down here?" Suddenly, out of the blue (well...black), a bright white light exploded. The bright light blinded me temporarily.
Since it seemed as if the light came from an experiment gone wrong, I felt the stupid need to stomp, swiftly, down stairs to the cellar floor.
Of course, this attempt failed, for I was still blinded by the explosion light, and I tripped on the third step and tumbled to the bottom.
Now blind and disoriented, I needed one last chance to test if Bradley was alive.
"Brother?" I found myself saying. YEP, I must have hit my head VERY hard on the cellar floor because I have NEVER called Bradley 'brother' in my life. "Where are you?" I tripped my way around the room and finally came to the only source of light there was: An enormous crack in the floor with light beaming out of it. The light was all blue with small specs of some dust flying out of it every now and then. My eyes widened as I stared into the glorious light. I don't know exactly what went through my mind at that moment, but I can tell you one thing, I am SURE I wasn't thinking for myself. I reached out my hand to touch the light when suddenly:
"RORY!" Bradley's squeaky, child-like voice called out. I jumped back and shook my head a few times confused of what just happened.

"Rory, don't touch it!" He said again. When Bradley yelled out to stop me, he dropped a arm full of scrolls all over the cellar floor. "It'll only make it worse!" He began gathering up the old scrolls on the floor. I shook my head at him.
"What is this, Brad?" I asked, "A prank? A joke?" Smiling, I lifted my finger and pointed at him, "You're getting me back for putting you bowtie in the food grinder, right?"
His eyes widened,
"That was you?" An awkward silence was amongst us as he stood there, anger in his eyes. The moment lasted no longer than a mouse in a room of cats when Bradley broke the silence, "No matter, no matter!" He began, dropping the scrolls, all except one. "People are forgiven." Each word sounding like its own sentence, as he read the scroll.

"What is that, some sort of souvenir from the Renaissance Festival?" I asked, peeking over the side of it. Bradley looked disgusted as he yanked it from my sight.

"Rory, this is a new discovery!" Rolling the scroll back up and shoving it in his back pocket. He knelt on the ground and smiled into the light. Hovering over it with his hands on each side of the crack to keep him up, he began to whisper, "A zipper..." He finally said, licking his lips. "A zipper! A small, unimportant zipper!" I stared at him in anger. Why now? Why did he have to randomly say things now? He reached for his walkman and flipped the tape on. Closing his eyes, he looked as if he was soaking in the classical music playing on his walkman. In one moment, his eyes shot open and he shot up, slamming his hands together, "SO!" He shouted, with his lisp RAGING.

"So, what!?" The whole scene bothered me so much, for it made no sense to me.

"SO..." Snatching up his scroll, he laid it out on the workbench. In a quick motion, he opened it and pinned the sides down. "YOU, brother...Must set the stars straight." He began to laugh as he said this and he spun around on one foot.

"Set the stars straight?" I asked. "What does that even mean?" Laughing a little more now he skipped up to me and got right in my face as he quietly talked.

"Orion, have you seen it recently? No you haven't, of course not, why would you? He's not there. Now! Why is he not there, many reasons, brother, many! ONE!" He talked so intelligently, its as if I wasn't even watching my brother anymore.
As he rambled, I peered around the room and noticed that the door was slowly creaking open.
Again, I'm imaginative, as you know Journal, so of course I thought 'Aliens? Orion? Monsters?'.

But even my imagination wasn't prepared for the thing creeping into the door.