Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams

15

“Isabella, are you ready to tell me what the hell is going on yet?”

“Jake, have you calmed the hell down yet?” Isabella retorted, her arms crossed and a stern look taking over her facial features. Jake nodded softly in reply.

“Right, so I’ll start from the beginning. Six years ago I was destined to be married to a man I didn’t love, a man I detested...”

“Nathaniel?”

“No, not Nathaniel. This really isn’t going to work if you don’t let me speak is it?”

“Sorry, please continue. I promise I won’t interrupt anymore.” He mimed the action of zipping a zip across his lips then padlocking it and throwing away the key, making Isabella giggle even though she tried to stop it.

“Okay, where was I? Oh yeah. A man I detested, Alexander McVille. He was known to get everything he wanted, and what he wanted the most that day was me. So I escaped out the window and bumped into a man and hitched a ride with him; that man being Nate. Long story short, that night I stayed at his parents’ home as I had nowhere else to go and me and Nate, well you know what happend...The next day I was dropped off at the airport with just a “have a good life speech” and thought that was the end of it. A few months later I found out I was pregnant. Four-ish years later I met you and that brings us to the present day.”

Silence. That was all that filled the air for about 5 minutes. Isabella could tell that Jake was trying to process the information and need a bit of silence to do so.

“So, he found out at the twins birthday? And came here to confront you about why you didn’t say anything?”

“Yeah...” Another silence spread through the room.

“What are we going to do? Are you going to tell the twins? Is he going to be a permanent fixture in our lives now?”

“There’s something else you need to know...”

“What else could you possibly have to tell me Isabella? Any more deep hidden secret?!”

“No, don’t be ridiculous, Jake. It’s just...Nate’s coming round today. At 11 to meet Jesse ad Rory.”

“WHAT?!”

“Jake keep your voice down! He has every right to come round they’re his children!”

“Whatever, Iz. I’m going out for a little while to clear my head, hopefully when I’m back he won’t be here.”

“Fine be like that Jake. I can’t just not let him see his kids.”

“Like I said Iz, whatever.” This time it was his term to storm out of the room. Isabella let out a silent growl before returning to check up on the children. She cursed the day Nathaniel Sanders stepped back into her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter, but it'll do for now : )
Check out my other stories?