Status: Active

When It All Falls Down

Thirteen

The song had long since ended but they kept dancing. Right up until Jarvis said Colin was here. Katie extracted herself from Tony and made a beeline for the front door. Tony followed her. She already had the door open.

"Katie-Kate, how are you?" he asked. She reached for the pizza and the buffalo wings. She passed them to Tony. "I've been better. And you?" He finally saw Tony.

"Dude...you're..." Tony chuckled. "Yeah it's me, Iron Man." Colin looked from him to Katie. She just shrugged.

Colin ogled at her. That pissed off Tony. "How much?" he asked. Colin kept his gaze on Katie. "24.87". Tony shoved a twenty and a five at Colin.

"Sorry you're going to have to fly solo tonight. Kate's taken." Tony stepped back and slammed the door in Colin's face. Katie was flabbergasted. "Anthony Stark!"

He looked at her. "He was ogling your boobs. I didn't like that." She rolled her eyes at him. She turned to head to the kitchen.

He kept up with her. He smacked her butt. She yelped then glared at him. "Mine," he said. "Jealous much?" she seethed.

"Maybe." She gave a little snarl as she narrowed her eyes at him. "Do I need to turn down the temperature?" Jarvis asked. She shook her head. "As much as the heat is intense, that'll make it worse.

He will want to cuddle to keep warm." She went to the refrigerator and pulled out a beer. She carried the food outside. There was a table and two chairs. Tony grabbed a beer and napkins.

He followed her outside. She sat with her back to him. She sipped on her beer. He put the napkins in the crook of his elbow. He used his free hand to tilt her head back.

She closed her eyes. He didn't care. He leaned down to kiss her. She was hesitant but it didn't take long for her to give in. A moment later, he pulled away.

He kissed her nose then forehead. "That may have worked before. But you're with me. I don't take too kindly to boys ogling my woman." She opened her eyes.

"Your woman?" Half smile again. "Yes my woman. I'm not a possessive guy but I want others to know you are taken." She sighed.

Then she smiled. "Okay, okay. I'm yours," she said softly. He kissed her again. He sat across from her. "So what is your usual?"

She opened the lid to the pizza. "Italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon, banana peppers, and jalapenos. Honey barbeque buffalo wings." She pointed to the smaller box. He nodded.

After dinner, he cleaned up. She pondered a bit. He returned. "Ready to get into the hot tub?" he asked. She looked over at him.

"Sounds good." He offered her a hand. She took it. He pulled her up. They walked back inside.

He left her outside her room. "I'll meet you outside." He kissed her cheek then left. She went into her room. She quickly changed into the swimsuit.

She made her way to the bathroom. She found a bag of lady toiletries. She smiled. She opened it and found a razor. She wanted to make sure she was smooth before getting close with Tony.

Afterwards, she walked back to the backyard. Outside, Tony was waiting with a bottle of Pinot Noir on ice. Norah Jones' Come Away With Me was playing. She smiled. He had his back to her.

She snuck up behind him. She hugged him. He smiled. "Hello Beautiful." That caught her off guard.

He turned to face her. "Hello handsome." He kissed her quick then helped her into the hot tub. He got in then poured the wine. He handed her a glass.

He raised his up. "To new beginnings." She raised hers up. "To new love." Glasses clinked then were drank from.