Status: Active

When It All Falls Down

Twelve

Tony was bummed that his attempt at dinner failed. He really wanted to impress her. She finally composed herself. She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She flushed her body against his.

He turned his head. "I tried to make dinner," he said, sounding very much like a defeated little kid. She kissed his back. "I know. I smelled it from my room." He winced at that.

"Why don't we order take out. Tomorrow, we will go shopping. Then I will teach you to cook." He pouted. "Okay."

She grabbed her cell phone and hit the speed dial number for Giorgio's Pizza. "Giorgio's Pizza, this is Colin," said the voice on the other end. She smiled. "Colin, it's Katie-Kate. I need my usual but make it a large."

She recited Tony's address off a piece of mail. She ended the call then looked over at him. "I thought you said you were tired of pizza?" She shrugged. "You wanted pizza and beer the other day.

So pizza and beer it is." He gave her a toothy grin. He pulled her into a hug then kissed her. She smiled. "I could get used to this."

He chuckled, which vibrated against her skin. "Better, because I'm not letting you go any time soon." She only smiled. "Your clothes are here by the way," he said, remembering the shopper dropping them off an hour ago. She raised an eyebrow.

"They are in your room." He pulled away. He grabbed her by the hand then led the way. In her room, he stopped in front of her closet. He opened it.

She peeked around. There were clothes hanging. "It's just the basics. I figured after awhile, you could add to it." She walked in to browse her options.

She frowned when she saw there was no tee shirts. "No graphic tees?" She turned to look at him. "We'll get you some. I promise." She nodded.

He joined her. He found the swimsuit. He pulled it out. "After dinner, I was thinking of sitting in the hot tub and just relaxing. Maybe with a bottle of wine."

She studied the swimsuit. It was a vintage style. She loved that it was black. She was excited to try it on. She went to lay it on her bed.

He watched her. He walked over to her dresser and opened a drawer. He pulled out the shorts-tank top pajama set. He sat them on the bed as well. She glanced at them.

She turned to face him. Her eyes held curiosity. "What is, Kate?" he asked coolly. She just shook her head. He tilted his head at her.

She giggled. "This is the happiest I've been aside from enlisting," she finally said. He smiled. "I'm glad that I can make you happy." The two of them walked back to the kitchen.

Jarvis began to play Lana Del Ray's Once Upon A Dream. Katie paused. She listened to lyrics.

" I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream"

She turned to look at Tony. He watched her curiously. She walked towards him. Soon they were toe to toe. She placed her left hand on his right shoulder.

She picked up his left hand. She raised it up. She placed her palm against his. Fingers aligned. She stared at them as she interlocked her fingers with his.

"But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream"

She shifted her gaze to his. Soon they glided across the floor. At first, she led. A little later he took the lead. She stared into his eyes as they moved.

" I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream"