Status: first story on here I hope you like it..

Dan and Amelia

practice and coffee

chapter 2:

it had been a week since Amelia had passed and all I could do is think of baby Amelia and that I have to be strong for her because she means so much to me. I woke up at 4am AJ was hungry and boy she can eat. my mum had to show me how to burp her so she didn't get wind or have bad gas. it was so weird because I felt like I was hurting her when I patted her back. I got out of bed putting my glasses on and picked her up she was crying but I knew once I started to sing her mothers song sleepsong to her she calms down..

"hey, hey daddy is here baby girl"

we walked into the kitchen and got her bottle out and I put in some hot water to warm it up. I remember the first time I did this I burnt her mouth and she screamed, lucky my mum was here to tell me it was ok and that she did the same thing with my sister and that it is ok because we put a little bit of ice on her gums and she was ok after that.
I cried when I did it because i should of known..
after the bottle was warm enough I tested it on my wrist and it was fine. I sat down on the lounge and hummed sleep song to AJ while she drank her bottle, I then burped her. after doing this for an hour she was asleep and I put her back to bed in her bassinet.. I tried to sleep but I couldn't because the right side of the bed was empty and Amelia wasn't there taking up most of the room..

I got up and headed into the music room I had the baby monitor and made sure I could check on her, I then sat at the piano and started to sing oblivion and think how Amelia loved it and she would come up behind me and sing along even though she said her voice wasn't good I still loved hearing her voice. I had a cry and I couldn't believe its been a week since she left me and AJ and how she will never see her daughter grow up and be a smart young lady...
I woke up when I heard AJ crying I checked the baby monitor and saw it was 7am I went up to see she was hungry and she needed a bath and changing..
after she was dressed in a pants and a pink T-shirt I came got dressed my self I couldn't have a shower because she needed me and so I went to the kitchen and got her stuff out and put it in the nappy bag. Once she was all packed and ready we headed to see the guys they haven't seen her since she was born and I needed to see my mates. Being at home was driving me crazy..

Upon arriving at studio I had Aj in my arms and walked into the back room. I saw the guys they were all shocked to see me..

"Dan you are here mate" woody said

"Daddy cat has brought his kitten to see us" kyle spoke while being sassy.

"Dan you should of called we would of came round" will spoke while turning his gutair

"I needed to be here with you guys and I hope you don't mind me bring Aj here she's been missing her uncles and I needed to get out of the house it was driving me crazy.."

We sat down and started talking the guys.. They were asking me how I was doing and I hated it because I just wanted to not have to cry infront of my best buddies and let them know I am falling apart with out Amelia.. They held Aj talking about how she's going to be playing such and such musical instrument and how she will be like me. I had to laugh and thought ok I needed this even if we don't do any practice we can still hang out but not like the old days. I was on my phone when the reminder for Amelia's due date popped up, I broke down and cried will had Aj in his arms and I headed out to get some air. How can she be gone still, if she was still here I would be at home with her and helping her but she's not here and she will never be back..

After my sobbing session and feeling like a girl even though I was grieving I went to see the guys all playing and talking to Aj I smiled at them all..

"Hey were going to head off I don't feel up to it"

"Sure mate take as long as you need the label knows"

I put Aj in her car seat capsule and headed out. It was only 2pm and I was hungry so I headed to the cafe that was near our studio I had never been here before and I wasn't going to go home so I headed in..
I sat down at the table and read the menu.. I was deciding what to get for lunch when the waitress came over and she noticed Aj.

"Oh she is so cute, how old is she?"

"She is a week old"

"She is beautiful.., what can I get you?"

"Can I get a full English breakfast and coffee and would you be able to heat up a baby bottle in warm water for me?"

"Sure we can do that and I'm sorry the breakfast is finished but I'll tell you what if you don't tell my boss over there I will put in a special order"

"If its too much I cab get something from the lunch menu?"

"Nonsense its fine, I'm Kristy by the way and I'll be right back with your order"

"Thank you Kristy and I appreciate it"

After the waitress left I got Aj out of her capsule and held her she was getting fussy and I knew she needed food. I waited for the waitress to come back, she had my order and the baby bottle. I was surprised she was helping me.. I started to feed Aj her bottle and I noticed the waitress staring at me.
Then she came over and I thought ok why is she taken an interest into me all of a sudden?

"Here let me help you, I'm not creepy I have been watching you feed her while trying to eat for the past 20mins"

"Its ok really she is fine and I don't mind it going cold"

"Are you sure I can help?"

"Actually if you could feed her the rest I would be able to st least have something to eat"

"Sure its fine.."

I handed over Aj to Kristy and she took her to an empty table and started to bottle feed Aj she was a natural at it, I finished my coffee and lunch well it was breakfast but you know. Then once I was finished I came over to Kristy who now had a sleeping Aj in her arms.

"She's all fed and burped and I can change her if you like?"

"No its fine I'll do it when i get home thank you so much for that"

"No problem, I better get back and face my boss"

After she walked away I put Aj in her capsule and sat down to check my phone and answer some twitter messages. I was in my own world when I heard a crash and heard yelling.

"Oh great Kristy you have just fucking had to drop the try of coffees did you?"

"I'm sorry James, it was an accident"

"Its always an accident with you, I can't stand this anymore your fired, get your shit and fuck off out of my cafe"

I saw the shouting match and thought wow over a few coffees that had spilt.. That guy was an ass. I went up and paid for my food and paid for the broken glasses. Then the owner got mad at me for helping her out..

"Oh so Kristy has a boyfriend who needs to fight her battles, I'm sorry but this will be coming out of her pay"

"No I just want to help out and if your going to be an ass about it then forget it"

"Oh I don't need you telling Jr how to run my business now get out"

"Gladly"

I walked out and I saw Kristy sitting at the bus stop she was now in tears. I felt bad that the guy over reacted like that and she shouldn't of been treated like that..

"Hey I'm sorry but I wanted to help"

"Its ok really I didn't like it there, I just don't know how I am going to pay my rent."

"Can I give you a lift to your place?"

"No its fine really"

"I insist please"

"Ok," she got up and we headed to my car I out Aj in but I was having trouble with the buckling and it wasn't going in..

"Here let me help you"

"I have it"

"Please I know what to so and it looks like your stuck"

I let Kristy take over and she was now clipping Aj in and just in a few minutes she was buckled in and ready to go.
"How did you do that?"

"I have cousins that I helped out with"

"So have you taken care of children before?"

"Yes I have a degree in childcare I got it after I left school and because childcare workers don't get paid much I needed to have a better job that was when I met James"

"Ok well I think this will be crazy but would you mind being a nanny for me?"

"Are you for real?"

"You were great with Aj and she didn't fuss when she goes to people she doesn't know and I think it would help me a lot"

"Um, can I think about it?"

"Yeah why don't you come to mine and we can talk it over"

"Oh ok sure"

We drove off and we were now heading to my place. It was stupid to ask her to be my child's nanny but something just felt right and so I had to take a chance. I know Amelia would of done the same thing she always saw good things in people..

We arrived at my place, we headed up stairs and went to the kitchen.. I showed Kristy the remainder of the house and she couldn't believe how big it was. I put Aj down for her nap and got her baby monitor out and started to listen if she work up. We sat down on the sofa and talked..

"So how long have you been working at that cafe before today?"

"5 years.. I know how sad but I needed a job and I couldn't let go"

"Wow, if you take this one. You will have room and I'll pay you for anything you need and I'll get you a many phone just so you can contact me if I am away"

"I don't know you just met me, I could be some crazy stalker or murder people in my spare time"

"I don't feel that and if you do kill me then I will know Aj is safe" I chuckled at that.. Kristy then laughed to. It was good to see her smile and be happy..

"If you need to do a background check you can and I am not going to be offended.."

"Ok I will and I thank you for being honest with me and opening up, I know i don't know you but I hope we can work this out"

"I would need to get some clothes and because i don't drive I may need some money for a taxi or if you are ok with it, I can go to my flat tonight?"

"Sure, we can go tomorrow I can lend you some of my clothes for tonight and then tomorrow we can get your stuff."

"Ok before I say yes are you 100% sure you want to do this?"

"Yes please help me out it would mean a lot to me and I know if my wife was here she would do the same"

"You have a wife, is she going to be home soon I would like to meet her?"

"Well I did, she passed away after Aj birth"

"Oh I am so sorry.. I know this is silly but I never caught your name?"

"Oh where is my manners I am Daniel (Dan) for short Smith"

"Nice to meet you Dan, you know my name obviously.."

"So what do you do for a living Dan?"

"I am a singer you probably heard of my band Bâ–³stille?"

"Oh sorry I haven't but I bet you are amazing seeing how you live in London and have a really nice flat"

"Were ok, we were suppose to be touring at the moment but because of what happen with Amelia I had to take some time off"

"Again I am sorry and I know now when we get Aj in a routine we cab get you back to work"

"Thank you, I feel like I have known you before have we met at a party or university?"

"I don't know I did go to Leeds university for my exchange program I am from Sydney Australia.."

"I went there too what did you study?"

"English lit"

"I did too when did you graduate?"

"2007"

"Same here, wait I think I have the yearbook from then"

"Oh I hope not my photo was horrible"

I got up and grabbed the yearbook and sat back down then I saw her, she was a few rows ahead of me, there with her bangs and pony tail..

"I found you"

"Oh no I hate this"

We then looked at the photo and saw each other and laughed and realized we were in the same class and we eve shared notes on a project one point..
It was getting late so I went to get some clothes for Kristy and gave her a towel and made the guestroom up, she thanked me and headed into the bathroom, she took a shower and got changed..

"Thank you for doing this to me, let me know when you want to do the background check and drug test and I'll do it"

"Ok I will, I will be heading to bed goodnight Kristy"

"Night Dan sleep well, I'll be up for a bit and head off if that's ok?"

"Sure make your self out home"

I went into my room and closed the door and check on Aj she was sleeping so peaceful she looked like Amelia and it made me smile. I knew I had to be up soon for Ajs feeding so I wanted to get some sleep in before then..
The next day we are heading to Kristy's flat to get her stuff so she can start her new life here.. I felt really having her with me and even though I didn't know her that well she was like Amelia had sent her to me..
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys chapter 2 I hope you enjoy and I'll be updating so let me know if you hate it or not..

Kristy xo