Status: In Progress

Camp HalfBlood

Chapter 3 - The Plan

“Annabeth, have you found anything?” Madison asked as she sat with her, Percy and Grover looking for anything that could cure Thalia and stop the tree from dying. Annabeth shook her head, “Not yet. All these solutions won’t work for the severity of what we’re dealing with,” she answered as she turned the page, “Wait,” she said quickly as she spent a few moments reading. “Did you find something?” Percy asked, moving closer to her side. Annabeth held up the book for the group to see, “The Golden Fleece can cure her and we need Grover to find it for us because it says here he’s naturally drawn to it. We have to go tell Mr.D,” she finished enthusiastically as she got up to go. Grover hesitated stepping back a few paces, “My people die trying to find this and I don’t have a death wish. This is a terrible idea.” Madison smiled at Grover, “If we don’t try all of us will die when monsters start realizing we’re not protected in here anymore,” Madison stated, semi comfortingly. Grover sighed and followed the group.
That night, Mr. D held a camp meeting to tell everyone that he had found the solution and that he was sending Clarisse to lead the quest instead of Percy. After the meeting, Madison snuck to Percy’s room, “Percy, you have to go. Annabeth came up with the whole plan and that prophecy you discovered basically said that you have to do this,” Madison explained when he came to the door. Percy was quick to agree with Madison and he rounded up an enthusiastic Annabeth and a hesitant Grover. As Madison wished them a safe journey, reassuring them she would do her best to keep the camp safe, Tyson showed up and went on the journey with his brother.
The following morning during breakfast, Chiron appeared in front of Madison as she was about to take her food to a table, “I need to see you,” he ordered, his tone short. Madison swallowed nervously as she followed him to his office. “I imagine you already know why I’ve summoned you here,” Chiron stated as she took a seat. Madison played dumb, “No idea sir. Did I do some of your inventory incorrectly?” she asked innocently flashing a sweet smile. Chiron was not amused, “No, this has nothing to do with your work with me. I want to know if you have any idea where your fellow students are,” he asked, retaining his patience. “What students? I didn’t notice anyone missing but you did pull me out of the mess hall before I had a chance to look,” she responded, immediately regretting her choice as she saw anger flash in his eyes. He slammed his hands down upon the desk, “Madison, you have one final chance to come clean. Where have Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson disappeared to?” Madison knew she had to come clean because she could see he’d reached his limit, “They went to find the Gold Fleece because the prophecy said it had to be Percy. And I stayed behind to join the watch group on the perimeter,” she finished dropping her eyes from his to look down at the floor. Chiron sighed deeply, “Well, there’s nothing I can do for them now unless they get into serious trouble. Go and guard the perimeter as you volunteered for it. You have a 24 hour watch since you could not be honest with me,” he ordered as he turned away from her.