Status: In Progress

Camp HalfBlood

Chapter 2: Breaking of the Barrier

The next morning, after the discovery of Percy's brother, Madison reported to her weekly lessons with Chiron. Being the daughter of the goddess of war had its drawbacks like a lack of patience and a short fuse. Chiron was making her come once a week and help him do inventory and research for anything that may come up. "Make sure you take an inventory of every herb you see there. Don't skip any in attempt to hurry out of here," Chiron instructed, with a sly smirk. He had really developed a fondness for the girl over the last year of these individual lessons. Madison rolled her eyes unintentionally hoping he did not notice, "You know I am getting better at this and you don't have to be so worried about my lack of attention to detail anymore," she defended herself, hiding her smile as she didn't want him to see how much she loved their time together. As she picked up a vial filled with a purple liquid, the ground shook causing the vial to drop and smash all over the floor. Chiron was about to chide her for rushing when he felt the earth shake once more, "What is that?" he asked as he began to make his way to the door. Madison jumped into action mode, "I don't know but I'll go check it out!" she said, excitedly as she also made her way to the door only to run straight into Chiron's arm that he had extended to stop her in her path. "You will remain by my side when we walk out to investigate no matter what. There are plenty of able bodied people to handle whatever situation we face and you're still on my time," he explained, his tone firm. Madison groaned in response but nodded in agreement.

As Chiron and Madison walked out the door of his office, they were met by the sight of the barrier smashing down and a giant bull running straight for the camp. Chaos ensued as campers attempted to stop the bull but no one was able to stop it in its destructive path. Clairisse jumped in and found herself quickly pinned against a wall about to become toast but Tyson jumped in the way and pushed the bull in the other direction, completely unaffected by the fire blast from the bull. Madison remembered that cyclops are fire resistant. Grover jumped in front of the bull next, trying to stop it but his weapon was quickly turned into nothing and Grover began to run. "Let me go help," Madison urged as she and Chiron watched camper after camper be thrown to the ground. Chiron shook his head as they saw Percy throw a chain around its neck and be dragged away. Not long after, everyone who remained at the first sight of the attack heard a loud explosion and knew the bull was no longer a threat. "How did that bull get through the barrier?" Tyson, Percy's brother, asked as they all stood in bewilderment. Then Annabeth noticed the cause, "The tree!" she yelled as they all looked to see Thalia's tree dying in the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come! Hope y'all enjoy! Please R&R