Resurrected

The Legend

Hundreds of people from all over the world crowded up in the historical site. They all took selfies and pictures with their advanced twenty first century technology. There were people talking to one another and listening to our tour guide as she spoke about the rise of King Arthur Pendragon and how much he made Camelot a better kingdom than how it once was. The tour guide also talked about legends of mythology, dragons, other mystical creatures, and magic that once occurred during the old medieval times. I find it awfully interested in magic and witchcraft.

As the tour guide moved along to the next room, I spotted a strange looking man, staring right at me. He was an old man. He had long white beard and long white hair. The clothes the old man wore made him seem like he was a man living in the streets, possibly with some alcohol problem, but really he may not be what he seemed to be.

I turned back to the crowed that were nearly out of sight then I glanced right back to where the old man was standing, he was gone. I rubbed my eyed and looked up at the same direction, but still no sign of the old man.

I moved along to the next room, blending in with the crowed. No one noticed me quietly stepping in. Everyone were listening to the tour guide and taking pictures. “After the death of King Arthur, Queen Guinevere Pendragon ruled the kingdom and never remarried. She’d given birth to her and King Arthur’s child a couple of months after her husband’s death.” The tour guide spoke. “As for King Arthur’s servant, Merlin, he mourned the loss of his late king and friend for many years. No one knows what had happened to him some say he fled back to his mother until the day of her death and some say he never left Camelot, but protected the people within it. Legends has it that he has been seen, roaming around the castle and near Avalon. Well that concludes our tour. You may check out our gift shop.”

A couple of people stepped forward to speak with the tour guide. Others headed towards the gift shop. I on the other hand, spotted the old man once again. He glared his old blue eyes as he walked through the halls. I followed right behind him, hoping not to lose him this time. I seemed to have lost him once again by the time I got to the gift shop.

Well since I’m here, why not get a souvenir or something. I grabbed a bag of gold coins, a couple of books, a scepter, a toy dragon, and a king Arthur and Merlin plush doll. I paid for the stuff then walked my way outside.

I headed out to my car and set the stuff down. I drove along through the woods and stopped by a lake. I took out the coin bag and took a look at the gold coins. My eyes caught interests in one specific coin that wasn’t the same as all the others. I picked up the coin and saw it was made of real god, not fake. The carvings on the coin seemed to be different as well and abnormal. It didn’t seem like fake money but maybe some enchanted coin of something.

I took out a random spell book and flipped through the pages, I’ve found a similar drawing on the coin. I began to read about it with so much interest, seeing it was no ordinary coin. It was a coin that can bring back a soul and I also happen to be near the Pool of Nemhain.

A tempting idea had occurred to me. Why not try it out? See if it actually works or not. I smirk appeared across my face and quickly got out the car. I headed towards the water, holding the coin in my palms. I closed my eyes, making a wish to bring back a soul from the past then tossed the coin into the water. I’ve had a slight hope that it’ll work, but nothing happened.

I sighed in disappointment and turn around, ready to walk back to my car. Before I had a chance to take a third step, I began to hear bubbles forming from the water. I quickly turned back and saw a blonde guy creeping out of the water.

I froze in shock, not believing what I saw. My eyes landed on his soaked torso, taking me a moment he was completely naked. I raised my head up to his seeing him scoop his wet blonde hair back. “Hey you, who are you and, what are you doing naked in the water? And where’s your clothes?” I covered my eyes.

“Forgive me. I’m Arthur Pendragon and I’m here at your service.”

My eyes widen in shock. No, this can’t be, can it? I uncovered my eyes and took a closer look at him, he kind of did look like my king Arthur plush doll, could it actually be him? “What did you say your name was?”

“Arthur, Arthur Pendragon.” He repeated himself.

Oh my gosh, I think I brought the king back to life. What am I supposed to do now?