Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Emily's Boyfriend

Most of you are now thinking “When the heck do you turn into a creature of the night?!”, but remember my friend patience is a virtue; not really, in my opinion, but I guess it’s a good saying. I don’t want to jump all the way until the part when I turned because there is so much that led to it that it’s important for you to understand, so please, bare with me.

This was a different kind of ball, it was a masquerade ball; people would hide their identities through masks. The theme of the ball was sixteenth century. Edward, without my knowledge, had sent a dress to the castle; it was a beautiful white dress and the corset had flower designs on it. It also came with a silver mask with gold glitter surrounding the edges.

“You look lovely, Emily.” Evelyn was at the door frame of my room; she had a smile on her face like she was satisfied with something.

“Thank you, Evelyn. I can’t believe this is happening to me.” I looked back at the mirror and looked at myself; not too long ago I was in the streets stealing food and starving at the same time.

“Why not, you don’t you deserve to be happy?” Evelyn took the seat on the edge of my bed and she crossed her legs.

“It’s not that; it’s just too good to be true, Edward is a sweetheart, he’s handsome, and a gentleman and most of all… he’s rich!” I threw my hands in the air dramatically.

Evelyn shook her head as she chuckled at me. “Emily, Edward is in love. His money should not matter to you.”

“But rich boys don’t marry poor girls.” I whined.

“What matters is in here,” she places her hand on her heart (if she had one); “he wants you.”

“This makes it only harder to believe, I’m nothing special, I’m not beautiful, I’m not educated, I’m just a simple girl from New Jersey for Christ sakes!” There was a knock on the door and someone peeked in; it was one of the maids.

“Sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Chanel is waiting outside for Ms. Johnson.” The maid smiled and winked at me.

A smile curled on my lips.

“See?! Your face glows at the sound of his name!” Evelyn pointed out and I blushed lightly from the cheeks. “Do you love Edward, Emily?”

I thought about if for a second and my smile grew wider. “Yes,” I whispered, “with all if my heart.”

“Then the rest shouldn’t matter, Emily.” Evelyn had become like my mother.

“All right then. Thank you, Evelyn, you give great advice.” I pecked her on the cheek and lifted part of the dress so I could walk.

One of the maids opened the door for me and the first thing I saw was Edward. My heart raced at his sight, he smiled, which sent my heart going faster.

“Wow… you look… gorgeous.” He awed.

I looked down trying to hide my blush. “Thank you.”

Sooner than I had hoped we arrived at his house. His house was lit brightly; all around the rose bushes were lights like Christmas decorations. The music was jazz; valet personnel were waiting outside of the entrance door, they helped the ladies get out of the car.

Edward’s limousine stopped right at the front of the steps that led to the entrance door his Mansion never looked so beautiful. My door is opened and a hand is offered; I took the hand as I got out. The young boy stared at me as he helped me, his mouth slightly opened.

“May I just say something, Madame?” The boy asked.

“You may.” I said.

“I’ve seen my share of ladies tonight, but you ma’am, are the most beautiful I’ve seen yet.”

I couldn’t help but to smile, but it was an awkward smile. I hear Edward’s footsteps coming to me.

“Thank you.” I bowed my head a little. Then Edward’s arm snaked around my waist and pulled me closer to his body.

“She’s also taken.” Edward’s tone was lethal. He started to walk and he half-dragged me along the steps.

“Don’t act so jealous, Edward.” I smiled at him and kissed him on the lips. I slid down the mask down to my eyes so I was unrecognizable.

“I’ve told you, I hate when other men look at you.” Edward whined, he pouted.

“And I’ve told you… I have eyes only for you.” I tip toed so I could touch his lips.

He smiled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around me and kept me in his arms, safe, at least that’s how I felt every time he did that. My heart skipped a beat when ever he touched me.

“Come, I want you to meet some people.” Edward pulled me on my hand and took me across the ball room, which was beautifully decorated, no surprise there.

I giggled as he pulled me; he treated me like a glass-made doll.

He stopped when we were in front of several young men, around his age. All of them drop dead gorgeous. I blushed as their eyes landed on me and they all smirked.

“Well, well, whom do we have here, Edward?” Smirked the platinum blonde one, he had a British accent and a smile to die for.

“Alistair, Neville, and George, this is Emilia, my girlfriend.” Edward said proudly.

“You always get the beautiful ones.” Alistair said, he was the platinum blonde one.

Neville had black hair with brown kind eyes and a warm smile; he was pale like most of the people I’ve met for the past eight months or so.

George was a redhead and blue eyes, he was tall and the same look as Alistair on his face as he looked at me.

“It’s pleasure to meet you all.” I curtsied.

“Please Madame, the pleasure is ours.” Neville said with a bow.

“You can call me Emily, I don’t mind.” I smiled warmly at them.

“Emily!” Beamed a voice; it was a female. I turned around and saw Joanna.

“Joanna.” I smiled. She had a beautiful black dress with gold decorations. Her mask was gold and she was holding it with a stick.

“It’s so good to see you.” Joanna greeted me with a hug. She looks over behind me to the boys and she puts on a sour look. “Edward, I’m going to steal your girlfriend for a while.”

“Go ahead.” Edward nodded and smiled at his sister.

“Ms. Chanel.” The boys chorused to Joanna, whom nodded her head at them.

“I’ll see you around, love.” Edward said to me.

“I better.” I teased; Joanna pulled my hand just like Edward would.

“So, tell me, how are things with my big brother?” Joanna’s eyes sparkled.

I giggled. “He’s wonderful, I’ve never been so happy in my life.” My eyes full of life and happiness.

“He talks about you all of the time.” She empathized ‘all’ with rolling her eyes and I laughed. “He’s truly in love, I’ve never in my entire life have seen him more in love with someone.”

“I love him too, Joanna, I can’t see myself without him. He’s sweet, protective, and gentle.” I sighed in every detail.

Joanna laughs.

“But…” I said.

“But, what?” She questioned.

“Your parents don’t approve of me.” I whispered to Joanna.

She nodded like she understood why. “Don’t listen to them; they expect him to marry some girl with money.”

“What?” I asked.

“Our parents are old fashion; they still think it’s like the sixteenth century or something.” She waved her hand carelessly. “I can’t tell you more, for now, of course.”

“Good evening, Madame’s.” Hunter voice came from behind me, I jumped and turned around, and he was smirking down at me.

“He-hello.” I stuttered as I remembered his kiss. I looked down to the ground and tried to look casual.

“Hello Hunter.” Joanna’s voice was flirtatious.

Hunter bowed his head. “Ms. Chanel. Are you not going to introduce me to your lovely friend?”

Joanna laughed along with me. “He doesn’t know who you are.”

[This could work.] Emily winked at Joanna and she got the hint.

“My name is Rose Mary Chantel.” I said with my best British accent. Joanna was turning red from containing her laugh; Hunter, on the other hand, was baffled as his eyes went from me to Joanna.

“Rose, what a gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl.” He smirked.

I could tell Joanna wanted to be alone with Hunter so I quickly thought of a lie to get away.

“I’m thirsty, I think I’ll get some punch or some wine.” I tried to sound as British-y as possible. I walked past Hunter and turned around and winked at Joanna once more and giggled at the same time.

I laughed to myself as I walked across the ball room and through the crowd. Somehow I knew their eyes were on me. It was actually my neck; as I was walking to get something to drink, because I really was thirsty, I saw some familiar faces from other parties. Some waved at me as they recognized me and I kindly waved back.

“What have I done to deserve such beauty at my presence?” Matthew’s voice sent chills all over my body.

I gasped and twisted around.

His blue eyes looked down at me with lust.

"May I have your name, lovely lady?" He picked up my hand and kissed the top of it and winked.

[He doesn't recognize me either.] Emily smiled inside of her head.

"Rose Mary Chantel." I said with the British accent.

"An English lady even more intriguing." Matthew grinned.

I giggled. "How can I help you Mr...?" My hand moved in circles over and over again.

"Heartstein, Matthew Jacob Heartstein." He bowed his head. "Lovely to meet you."

I smiled. "Too bad, I can't say the same thing." And with that I turned on my heel and walked away from a bewildered Matthew and I had a smirk on my face. I felt proud of myself for not falling for his charm.

{Matthew's Point of View}

This girl was so mysterious.

I want her.

[Wonder where Emily is at? Ah! How did she came inside of my head?] I struggled with myself. [She's taking over my thoughts.]

"Hello cousin." Hunter said coming right in front of my face with a grin on his face.

"When did you get back?" Hunter raised an eyerbrow.

"Last night." I answered flatly and then I grinned. "You haven't won the bet have you?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Neither have you, so the bet is still on."

"Has the great Hunter Heartstein lost his touch in women?" My shock was fake, of course.

"It's a bit harder when the girl is in love." Hunter retorted.

"She's not in love." I answered quickly.

"Of course she is." Hunter said he was taken back by my quick answer and so was I.

"Plus, it's only a mortal, he shouldn't even be a competition." I grinned.

Hunter started to laugh hysterically. He would calm down a bit and then when he would look at me he would start to laugh again.

"What's so funny?" My voice was annoyed by his laughter.

"Y-you th-think Emily's bo-boyfriend is-is-is a mo-mortal." He said between laughs and gasps for air.

I straighten my slacked postion. "Then whom is it?"

"It's his highness, Prince Edward Henry Chanel." He emphasized his name.