Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

White Lies

{Matthew's Point of View}

I felt the grass under me. Something hits my face once and then again and again, until it's everywhere; the rain would be cold but my body was completely numb. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw the black sky. The rain pouring down on me. It took a while for me to understand where I was; I was in the middle of the forest.

I struggled to move my hands and when I was able to move my hands I moved myself into a sitting position. I winced and groan at every movement I made. I leaned against a tree and looked around me.

I could only see the rain and more trees. I decided to wait for the rain to stop but it seemed as if it would never stop.

Slowly I drifted back into sleep....

"Matthew." My name was being called but it was so faint and far away. "Matthew, wake up!" The voice barked.

I mumbled Emily's name.

"Matthew, wake up!" The voice barked again.

I shot my eyes open and wake up and I held my side in pain. I was back in the headquarters but I was in the medical room. Next to me was Nicholas, but then I noticed I was surrounded by Emily's brothers and sister.

They had grown so much. I barely recognized them, but except for one. Olivia still had that innocent smile. She had Emily's hair but she didn't look like Emily, I guess that's how her mother looked like.

"Emily!" I said out loud, I remembered what she had done. She traded herself for me.

"Calm down, relax." Nicholas took hold of my shoulders and laid me back down to my back, I was too weak to fight him off. "We know she left."

"How did you found me?" I asked, I kept my eyes on Nicholas.

"Ray found you. You were near the Chanel palace and half-dead, though you are dead...you know what I mean." Nicholas confused himself. "Where is Emily?"

I looked at her brothers and sister.

"I'm Jacob, this is Daniel, James and Olivia, we're Emily's--" I cut him off.

"Family. I know. You guys look so much older. How long has it been?"

"Ten years." Olivia answered. She was holding someone's hand, I followed the hand and saw William. I gave him a nod and he returns it. "Where is our sister, Matthew?"

I looked down in shame.

"I couldn't do anything. I was too weak... she... made a deal with Edward." I whispered.

"What did she do?" Nicholas asked.

"She... swore herself to Edward."

Olivia gasps. "What, why?"

"For me... for you guys." I cletched my hands. "He's going to make her his... I just know it!" I tried to shake any bad thoughts of Edward touching Emily's body. Of Edward making Emily his, kissing her and loving her.

{Emily's Point of View}

The room I stood was of course incredibly beautiful. There was a King size bed in the center of the room. There was a fireplace and in front of it there was a rug made out of real animal fur. It disgusted me to see the real fur, man had to murder innocent animals for this.

I never felt so alone. The only comfort I felt was that Matthew was alive and that my family would be safe. Though, once again, I wasn't going to be with them, they were going to be safe and that's all that mattered to me.

The door is opened and in come three women. All 'frenchy' looking.

"His highness has send us to help you change into something formal for the special dinner with him... just him."

I read their minds and they were calling me: whore, slut and harlot. They thought I was his mistress and I was probably going to end up, too, but just their thoughts made me feel worthless, like a real whore.

"All right, do what you will." I whispered, boredly.

They made me take a bath, they had to wash me, then they brushed my hair. They did into a nice small bun. It was on the bottom to the side bun with a nice pendant in front of the bun. I was like a rag doll, I moved when they told me to and just did as I was told.

They changed me into a holter top dress that reached my knees, it was rather short and flow-y. The waist was white and the rest was black. It made my skin stand out very much. I scrunched my nose as I stood in front of a three way mirror.

"I'll admit, you are my best work yet." The french women said with her accent, with a pin in her mouth.

Any girl would want to be in my place, every girl would want a King at their knees for them, to obey their every whim but I didn't want a King, I wanted Matthew.

"Don't cry or you'll ruin your make up." The women barked and waved her finger at me. I let out a low growl and she backed away. I got off the little stool and looked at the mirror. I hadn't worn make-up like this in a really long time.

The door to the room opened again. There stood private Daniel.

"Daniel, it's been so long." I tried to smile, he returned the smile.

"Ms. Joshnson." He bowed his head and saluted me.

"I'm not your boss anymore, you don't have to do that." I said walking up to him and gave him a quick hug.

"It's for respect, milady." He bowed his head, I nod. "Follow me."

I did, we went down the long hall.

"Where is the Queen?" I was talking about Anne.

"She is in England for safety." Daniel whispered. "But that's what everyone is made to believe."

"Then, what is it really?"

"She's pregnant. And it's not the King's."

My eyes widened. "What?!"

"Apparently, the King refused to share bed with her or even have sexual relations with her."

"Why?"

"He has remained loyal to a certain girl, I believe she goes by the name of Emily." He grinned. I half-smiled.

"Right." I whispered looking at my feet as I walked. These stupid high heels bothered me, I hated wearing them.

Daniel stopped in front of a double door. He turned to me and gave me an intensed look, but there was sympathy behind them.

"Good luck." He said, taking my hand and placed a soft kiss.

"Thank you, Daniel. You were always my best man." I half-smiled, again.

He opened the door for me and I stepped inside.

"Wow." I whispered as I took several steps inside. It was a huge room, like a ball room and all around the floor were rose petals scattered everywhere, it made the room smell so nice.

The room was only lit by candles, the windows were closed with the black curtains and at the corner of the room were three men playing the violin. In the middle of the room was a small table, just for two. It was totally Hollywood cliche.

I was brought back to reality when Edward wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on the crook of my neck.

"Do you like it?" He whispered in my ear.

I nod. "It's beautiful."

He started to sway me side to side. "This is all for you, Emily, everything I do or have done is for you."

"I'm flattered." I answered.

He chuckles, I remembered his chuckle, I used to think it was angels chuckling and that his kisses were from angels, but I was wrong, not the first time.

"Let's eat." He never let go of me until we reached the table. He moved the chair, like a gentlemen and adjusted me as I took a seat. He took the seat across from me. "Roses are your favorite, correct?"

"Indeed, you remember." I said, stealing a quick glance at him with a smirk.

"I remember everything you've said to me."

"Is that so? Mmh, let's put it to the test, shall we? What is my favorite color?" I smirked.

"Easy, purple."

"Correct. What is my middle name?"

"Halo."

"Who named me?"

"Your mother."

"And my dad?"

"He left you when you were twelve."

We smiled at each other like in the old days with him. When I was oblivious about everything: about who he was, about what he was and about what he was going to do to me.

We ate in silence and we had small talks. It was like a regular date. After dinner he extended his hand to me.

"Dance with me." He stated.

I looked at his hand and took it. He twirled me and then pulled me to his chest. We moved side to side, his hand on my lower back and my hand on his shoulder.

"Your heart still beats." He whispered.

"I know, it's abnormal, but it somehow still makes me human."

"I loved the rhythm of your heart before, you know. How it would almost beat out of your chest when I looked at you or touched you."

I was embarressed about it. I barely remembered how it felt to have my heart beating out of my chest when I wasn't around Matthew.

"But, I don't have that power over you anymore, do I." He didn't questioned, he caressed my cheek with the back of my hand.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I never meant to cause you so much pain." I said.

"My pain can never be compared with the pain I made you go through. What I did was unexcusiable. I was a coward."

I thought about my question, I had to choose my words carefully.

I finally brought my eyes to him.

"Then, why did you do it? Edward, I was ready to give you my heart and soul, I did give you my heart and soul. My humanity and you... broke me. You have no idea what you did to me, Edward."

We stopped dancing and he kept me in the same position but now he was gripping me tighter.

"Matthew was there to hold me together because I was falling apart. I lost my family and I lost you... with no warning I lost you. I felt like my entire world was crashing down on me and I had to strength to stop it. I saw no future."

"I'm so sorry, Emily. But... I did what I had to do for your safety."

"What are you talking about?"

He shook his head.

"I don't want you to know because it will sound like I'm only trying to win you back, which I am, but not like that. I want you to want me. I don't want sympathy."

I tried to read his thoughts but he blocked me out.

"What are you hiding from me?"

"The truth, but it's better if you didn't know."

"When is it better to not know the truth?" I questioned.

"When it protects someone... I think they're called white lies."

I smiled.

"I love your smile... your eyes, your lips... everything about you drives me insane."