Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Swear Yourself To Me

{Jacob's Point of View}

Someone pounded on my door early in the morning. I groaned and rolled out of bed. Lazily, I opened the door, Nicholas had a worried and desparate look on his face.

"Have you seen Emily?" He asked, he was out of breath and I saw the sweat on his forehead.

My eyebrows furrowed together.

"No, why, what happened?" I asked.

Nicholas cursed and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"What happened, Nick?!" I raised my voice.

"She's gone! She left!" Without another word he went down towards Emily's room.

I reached my nearest shirt and followed Nick.

Everyone was in Emily's room.

"She took her sword." William sighed, he was at a closet, there were all kinds of weapons inside.

I approached Alexander, he had a piece of letter in his hand, he wasn't reading it. He looked at me and I looked at him more confused than ever.

"This is for you." He extended the letter to me.

I looked at it for a second and evetually took it. I unfolded it and started to read it.

Dear Jacob,

I went for Matthew, do not worry for me. I can handle myself more than you think. I know we barely got back together as a family again, but I love Matthew, with all of my heart and I can no longer bear being without him. I feel his pain, they're torturing him. I'm going to turn myself in for his freedom. I love you, I love all of you. Just know that if I don't make it back that Matthew will take care of you and your children as well. I never wanted you and the others to find out about what I was, but God works in mysterious ways. Though, I have said I do not believe in God, it is a lie, deep down I know He has never left my side and I am thankful he has kept all of you healthy and safe.
Good luck and I love you.

Emilia Halo Johnson.


Tears hit the partchement.

"Jake?" Olivia asked, she was in her night gown. "She's gone isn't she?"

I nod.

"She said she's going to turn herself in to save Matthew's life." My voice broke.

Olivia started crying, William immediately took her in his arms and cradled her.

"Fuck!" Alexander cursed, it was the first time I had ever seen him so mad. "She should've just waited, we had a plan!"

"It's my fault." Olivia said between gasps.

"No, it isn't, Olivia." I said, trying to comfort her.

"No, it is. Last night, we were talking and I encouraged her to go save Matthew by herself... but she didn't say anything about turning herself in." Olivia cried more in William's chest.

"Father, she's wanted for treason... they'll execute her." Nicholas tried to whisper.

"What?!" I gasped.

"No, only the King can decide if she is to be executed and he loves Emily, he wouldn't lay a finger on her. Now, we wait for Matthew to come."

{Emily's Point of View}

I was hiding in the trees in the Chanel garden. This was always the place where there was less guards because Joanna liked to sit near the fountain. Like every night, Joanna was sitting in the fountain with paper and pencil.

I disappeared from the trees and reappeared behind Joanna. I brought the sword right under the throat and I covered her yelp with my hand.

"Shh, it's me Emily." Once I was sure she wasn't going to scream I let her go. She sprinted to her feet and looked at me with a surprised look.

"Emily!" She beamed, the first thing she did was hug me. I hugged her back, she was like my sister when I lived with them. She pulled out and with her hands on my shoulders and her eyes grew worried. "What are you doing here? Don't you know you're wanted for treason?!" She hissed.

I gave her 'calm-down-look'. "I know, I'm here for Matthew, he's in the dungeons and I just need some help passing the guards without killing them."

"Matthew's here?!" She asked.

"Yes; Itachi went after my family and... he ended up getting kidnapped. I need to save him Joanna!" I pleaded with my eyes.

She thought for a moment, but I didn't invade her thoughts, I respected her thoughts.

"Very well. I'll help you. But we need to get you a cloak."

I pulled out my cloak and smiled.

"You're always prepared." She scoffed.

I pulled on my black cloak and followed Joanna inside the castle.

Her heels clicked and echoed through the empty hallways of the palace. I kept the hood over my head and my sword well hidden.

Soon, we were going down a spiral stair case, very gothic-like, and Joanna held a torch. Eerie feeling was in the air and tension that could be sliced by a butter knife.

We passed thives and rapists in the dungeons.

When we reached the back of the dungeons there were two guards dressed in uniform guarding the door I knew Matthew was behind that door because I could smell him.

I crotched behind Joanna, looking fragile and weak.

"I need to speak to the prisoner." Joanna said firmly.

They knew better than to deny royalty anything, especially the King's sister.

The one on the right took out the keys and unlocked the door. Joanna stepped in and I was behind her but I was stopped at the door.

"You can't go in." The man said.

"She's with me." Joanna said.

"I have clear orders of no one that is unknown to enter."

I sighed. "And I thought I could do this blood clean."

"Huh?" The man asked.

I hit the man in the jaw with my elbow and in less than a second I did the same to the other guard, and they got knocked out.

"Ah, see...no blood." I smiled to myself as I entered the dungeon.

Joanna was looking at the left side of the wall, my left.

Different emotions ran through my mind and body: anger, rage, sadness, and revenged, most of all revenge.

Matthew was hanging on his wrists a few inches off the ground. I could see the dried blood on his wrists with the new blood. His clothes were torn and through the torn part I could see the lashes of the whips. Red marks all over him.

"Ma-matthew." My voice was pitchy high. I ran to him and with my sword I slashed the chains and caught Matthew in my arms. I went down on my knees with his head on my shoulder and I cradled him. I pulled him slightly away just enough to see his face.

He was paler than for a normal vampire.

"Matthew, wake up, sweety, wake up." I blinked so the tears wouldn't fall down, I had to be strong for the both of us. "Matthew, wake up!" I yelled in anger, I shook his body.

I see his eyebrows twitch and then his eyelids.

"Yes, yes, honey open your eyes! Oh, God, what have they done to you?" I cried.

He fluttered his eyes opened, just a little bit. His eyes were black, not light blue, ocean-like eyes he always had.

"Emily?" He barely whispered and his voice was hoarsed.

"Yes, it's me."

"You've come for...me." He said.

"Of course I did, why wouldn't I? I love you."

His lips twitched into a small smile.

"You have to leave...if they...find you..." His body would tense with each word in pain.

"Don't talk. I'm going to take you out of here." I said. I used my powers to lift him whilst I got on my feet. When I was standing. I placed his arm over my shoulder and I placed my other arm around his waist taking in his weight. "We'll go back to the headquarters... you'll meet my brothers and sister, they've grown so much." I tried to lighten to mood. "Olivia looks just like my mother when she was her age."

I looked at Joanna, she had a sympathetic look. We hear something. The door to the dungeon opened. About fifty vampires surrounded us, they had guns, whilst I had a sword, a little unfair, but I wasn't going to fight.

Room was made for Itachi, he had a victorious smirk on his face. He was followed by Edward. I knew he was behind this, but then when he saw Matthew he had the most astonished look. He was surprised.

I entered his mind, he had no idea Matthew was in the dungeons, now I wondered how much more he didn't know.

"There's nowhere to run, Devi." Itachi smiled wickedly.

"Run...Emily...forget about me." Matthew whispered.

"No, no. I love you, I will not leave you."

"I...don't deserve you...Edward...deserves you...he..saved you." How he had the strength to say all of that amazed me as well.

I shook my head. "You're delirious." I whispered.

"No!...he...he--" He was cut off.

"Now, that we have both traitors we can hang them both." Itachi smirked. "Unless..."

"Unless what?" I asked.

"Unless you swear your loyalty to us....your kind, right here and now." Edward spoke up. "That you swear yourself to... me."

What should I do? I couldn't leave Matthew, that was for sure, but... if I didn't agree then we're both dead and my family would be unprotected. I needed them safe if meant that I wasn't going to save myself, it didn't matter.

"One condition." I said.

"Anything you want." Edward said.

I looked at him in the eyes and held as much power as I could.

"Matthew is to be let free and he is not be followed!" I said.

"Yes." Edward said.

"I want yours and Itachi's word on this. No one is to follow Matthew once he is let free. Then I will swear myself to you, Edward. I'll be yours."

His eyes beamed in triumph.

"It is done."