Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

Crashed Engagment Party

It was going to be official. There was going to be a small gathering for Matthew's proposal. I was in New York shopping with Olivia and Jessica, well at least they were because they knew what was "in" and was not so I just let them pick my dress. I didn't really care because all that mattered that was that Matthew and I were getting married.

My mind would wonder back to his face every time I closed my eyes. I could never felt so happy. And I think everyone could see it as well. I went a little lighter on my students and I was a bit nicer now that I had my family with me and Matthew and the hard times looked and felt so far away.

"EMILY!!" I jumped a little as Olivia's squeaky voice screamed next to my ear.

"What?" I asked turning to her with an annoyed look. She held a pink dress in my face. "Nooooooo, any color but pink."

"Aw, but you'll look so beautiful--"

"Olivia, no.pink.dress." I said through my teeth. She saw my eyes change and stuck out her tongue.

"Fine, meanie." She put it back on the racket and Jessica and her went off deeper into the store and I stayed at my spot and as I walked past the mirrors, I checked myself.

Pale white skin, gray eyes, full lips and long black hair. Body like an hour glass and of course, no imperfections. I tried to remember if I had freckles or something before I got turned but it was difficult to remember things in my human life. It was mostly foggy, but not my human memories with Matthew.

He was my first kiss; he taught me how to move and to be patient. I remember the feeling of waiting to have his lips on mine. I giggled to myself.

My eyes looked over to the mirror again and then I saw something that made me gasp and turn around.

I saw... Edward... but a part of his face was disfigured, burnt. I walked out of the store and looked to the right and left side of the street and saw no one that looked like Edward.

"Emily?" I heard Jessica called for me from inside the store.

My normal instincts told me to leave and try to find Edward but then Olivia called me and I had to go back inside.

She found me a nice dress but she said I couldn't see myself in it because she was going to fix me up and she didn't want to ruin the surprise.

|| Night of the official proposal ||

I played with my fingers as Olivia did my hair and make-up. She curled the bottom of my hair and she didn't use much make-up.

"So... are you done, now?" I was away from Matthew most of the day and it was driving me crazy not have him by my side.

She lifted a huge strand of my hair from my right side and lifted it up and I felt her push in a pendant. I reached my hand to touch it but I felt Olivia's hand smack it away.

"Now who's the meanie?" I stuck out my tongue at her. She giggled.

"Me and Jessica are going to help you get in the dress."

I got up from the chair and I was only wearing a bra and lacey underwear. They helped me with the dress and they zipped it up.

"Done... and you look stunning." Olivia said, her hands on my shoulders and she twirled me half a circle to look a long mirror and I gasped.

I couldn't believe that was me. I mean sure, vampires are supposed to be beautiful but I was never the lady-like because I was always training; which meant no skirts and make-up.

"The make-up itches a little." I scrunched my nose and wiggled my fingers close to my cheek but Olivia smacked it away, which was the second time she has smacked me; she's lucky she's my little sister.

"Don't touch and it itches because you never wear make-up."

"How can you stand this?" I whined, I sounded a bit childish.

"Because I've used it since I was fourteen. Do you feel ready?"

"Yeah." I lied a little.

"You're already his fiancée, why are you nervous?"

"Because," I started and paused for a second. "It's going to be official." I whispered the last word.

"So? You should be ecstatic!" She squealed.

"I know and I am, but ecstatic gets overruled by fear and..."

"Doubt?" She held concern in her eyes.

"No!" I quickly contradicted. "No, it's not doubt... I think it's just fear."

"Fear of what?" Her voice softens; must be because of the look on my face.

"I don't know... I can't describe it. For months I've had this feeling in the pit of my stomach... it feels like change and not the good kind... the kind that makes everything in my life... miserable." I was talking more to myself towards the end, I looked to Olivia and she has an even more concern face.

I smiled confidently.

"Don't worry; I'm sure it's just a silly thing." I made it sound like nothing and she believed me.

"Wow," We looked over to my door and saw Matthew looking at me up and down, he looked like he just discovered the use of light. "You," he gawked me and if I could blush, "I-I can't find the words."

Olivia stepped in front of me with her arms wide trying to hide me. "Uh, Matt, out!" Olivia barked pointing out the door.

"But--" We both said still looking into each other's eyes and Olivia cut us off.

"You can't see her!"

"This isn't our wedding, Olive." I pointed out; I wanted so badly to be in his arms.

"So? It's the next best thing... so, Matt, out!" She barked again and Matthew reluctantly walked out.

"That wasn't fair." I half-pouted. "I want to be with him."

"You two are like dogs in heat."

"You should be the one to speak about dogs." I muttered.

She narrowed her eyes.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" I laughed and she stuck out her tongue at me.

There were two knocks on the door, Nicholas peeked his head in and his mouth half dropped as he saw me.

"Wow," He blushed slightly. "You look... wow, um--"

"You're married." Olivia sang with a smirk on her face.

"And not to mention a kid." I added.

He shook his head and glared.

"Evil, anyways, everyone is ready for you, Emily."

"We'll be there in two minutes." Olivia said, and Nicholas closed the door. She turned to me and smiled. "I'm glad you're finally happy, Emily. You deserve nothing but the best... and Matthew? Well, he's pretty close." We laughed together.

We walked out of the room together and towards the lobby, where the party was taking place.

When we reached the door frame of the lobby everything became quiet. Olivia went to William and I was left standing by myself and I felt so self-conscious.

In the crowd, his eyes drew me to him like magnets. He smiled and I smiled. He walked towards me and I, towards him and we met half way and everything around us was gone and it was just the two of us; loving each other with our eyes, no words needed to be said because our eyes and body language said it all.

"Hey." He said. I giggled.

"Hey."

"You still take my breath away; yes I know my compliment was ironic." He smiled crookedly.

Suddenly, everyone in the room went back to their business and brought them back to mother earth.

"Emilia," Alexander boomed, he hugged her, it was almost like having a daughter in his arms. "Congratulations."

"Thank you, Alexander." I said as we pulled away. I took notice of how old Alexander really was. He was getting wrinkles and all.

"And you," He turned to Matthew, "If you so much as hurt her, I will turn you to dust myself." He warned.

Matthew and I chuckled. Matthew interlocked fingers with me.

"I can promise you that I could never hurt her, Alexander. She's my life."

He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me next to him. He kissed me and I felt... dizzy, as always. We pulled apart and I never felt happier in my entire life.

Nicholas lightly hits his wine glass, earning everyone's attention.

"It's time." Was all he said and Matthew led me to the middle of the lobby.

All around me was my family. I looked over to Jacob who had a big smile on his face, James was in California now, but I know he would be smiling and Daniel was just like Jacob. Olivia was with William. Nicholas, his wife Jessica and his little kid, Alex. And the rest of the people I worked with were my gigantic family.

"Ahem," Matthew cleared his throat. "Emily, for ten years we've been together and I love every second I've spent with you and it has been... amazing. You saved me, Emily, before you I was so lost and you brought me love and care. I love you so much... I don't think 'I love you' begins to cover how much you mean to me."

He reaches behind him and everyone holds their breath and he shows a little red box. I stopped breathing, not that I needed to, force of habit. He lifted the box's cover and it was a simple, yet, elegant engagement ring. By his unsteady breathing I could tell he was nervous as well.

"I've never... well willingly... done this." He chuckled at the reminder of Madeline and his forced engagement. "Emilia Halo Johnson... will you marry me?"

This is it. One word and my life would be changed for the better.

"Ye--"

KABOOM!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
HAAAAAA, yeah, cliffhanger!!!

I have a lot of people to thank so here it goes:

xhimix
Vampire's_Addiction
natural.x.disaster
pshaw
XSKITTLE.QUEENX
kdff08
Radder Than Thou
xXhauntedDreamsXx
beautiful sin
XxWerewolfyxX
laskater87
AnnaBanana96
allieierox3
XXfantasyDreamerXX
Billissa Kaulitz
The Bandit- Thanks so much for the title for the sequel.
xeternalxdreamerx
naruto14536
FlirtinXwithXSuicide
A;notSoPrettyFace
JustKilleMe21
LdyxTricky
MiseryGates
Tabitha; Part A- Thanks so much for messaging me. =]
EveryManHasAMolly
emunahberurah
XxFallenXxAngelsXx
minimidget15
buttercup06
blood.n.bullets
eddy1
PenguinsRme
Rosalie Cullen
LightLegend
vampireangel09- Thanks for the comments, they kept me going. =]
Titchyhill
hockeyXgirlsXrock

Thanks so much to all of you and if I forgot you, I'm sorry. But hey, I said I was going to update on Wednesday or Thursday but I got done faster than I thought.

Sequel coming soon....