Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

How To Kiss

"What's wrong guys?" I asked as I had entered the rooms of the guys. They looked bummed; I sat in between the boys and hugged them.

"We miss mom." James said; he looked much healthier than before.

My throat tightened as James said they missed mom. All of a sudden my voice was gone for a second.

"Don't worry guys. Even though mama is not here with us, she is looking down from above as is sending us her blessing." I smiled sincerely at the boys. They bought everything I had said.

---

On the morning of Christmas Day I woke up and found presents at the foot of my bed. Confused as to why I had presents I pulled the covers over my body and tip toed to the edge of my bed and doubled over to pick up a long rectangular box. It was white and had a red ribbon wrapped with a bow tied at the top. A smiled curled on my lips. I removed the red ribbon in excitement, I tossed the ripped ribbon to the floor and lifted the cover box, removed the thin white sheets and found a spectacular dress. I pulled it out, my mouth opened slightly in awe. It was white, knee length, it was strapless and at the bottom of the dress were two solid black lines around the dress. I placed the dress on myself and smiled, it was a beautiful dress. I looked back at the box and found a small card. It read.

Well, now you have a dress. Wear it on New Year's Eve, which you and your family shall be spending with us.

-Evelyn.


I giggled as I spun around with the dress. I never owned a dress back then, so it was a big deal for me. It was more than a luxury, it was a privilege, I grew up in the poorest side of New Jersey, if that was possible, the whole city was practically poor.
Any who, I was disturbed of my enjoyment by someone knocking at the door. I quickly placed the dress back on the box and put the cover box over it. With a wide smile on my face I opened the door and was tackled on the floor by four little kids.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS SISTER!" they chorused. I laughed.

"Merry Christmas, Jacob, Daniel James and Olivia. What did you guy get for Christmas?" I asked as sat on the floor and crossed my legs Indian style. They did the same and sat down.

"Oh Oh Oh me first me first." said Daniel raised his hand like he was in class. I chuckled and pointed at him."For Christmas I got a fire truck and three changes of clothes."

"Rad," I said."Now James?"

"I got my health that's all that counts." said James happily.

"Good answer. Now Jacob?" I said.

"I got four changes of clothes and a baseball bat." he said proudly and showed me his bat.

"Nice." I said."Last but not least my beautiful Olivia olive."

"I got three dolls, two church dresses and a nice bow." she said lowering her head and showed me her pink little bow.

"It looks beautiful on you." I said.

"What did you get, Emily?" asked an eager James.

"Well." I said playfully as I rose from my position and walked over to my bed. I opened the box and took the dress out."I got this gorgeous dress to wear on New Year's Eve, which we will be attending with the Heart-stein family, so behave when the day comes."

They jumped up and down in excitement. I laughed and took a moment to look at my family. Not too long ago we were stealing food and had to deal with the cold nights. I owed the Heart-stein family so much...Too much.

We had breakfast with the staff and said to each other our greetings. The chef made a special breakfast, it was chocolate chip pancakes, with eggs and bacon. I devoured the food before anyone, what can I say? I'm a girl with a big appetite.

"Emilia." called my father's voice. He stood at the entrance of the kitchen. I forced a smile.

"Merry Christmas father." I said and bowed my head a little. He nods back.

"Merry Christmas to all as well." said my father as he took his usual seat on the table. A awkward silent took over the kitchen and everyone looked at each other. You see father would usually eat with the Heart-stein family. This was uncommon.

"Sister?" Olivia said breaking the silence. I, happily and relieved, turned to her.

"Yes Olivia?" I gave her a wide smile.

"Can we go ice skating in the frozen lake?" asked Olivia.

"I don't see why not. Go ahead and get your things, I'll go inform Mrs. Heart-stein." I said. They all cheered and ran out of the kitchen."Excuse me. How was the party father?"

"It was alright." he said bored, his voice notion something other wise. I paid no attention to my instinct to pursue the subject and shrugged. I stood from my seat and walked towards the dining table.

When I entered the dining room. There was Evelyn, Tom, Matthew and Madeline. All eyes fell on me as I walked in, Madeline looked annoyed.

"We didn't call for service." she spat with venom.

"Madeline, please, behave. Yes Emily?" asked Tom.

Matthew's presence had made me nervous and I tried really hard to avoid eye contact.

"Well, sir and madame, since the I have the day off; I wanted to tell you that I'm taking my brothers and sister to the lake, so they can get some fresh air." I explained slowly, even though I wanted to talk really fast.

"Sounds like a good idea. Have fun." smiled Evelyn.

"Thank you Evelyn and Tom." I curtsied before I left the dining room.

---

"Emily look!" squealed Olivia as she skated on the frozen solid lake.

"Keep it up Olivia." I yelled.

"Looks like she can go pro." I jumped from my seat as the cold breath on the back of my neck hit me. I twirled around and saw Matthew, he had his smirk on, apparently he was happy he had startled me.

"You almost gave me a heart attack Mr. Hear--"

"Matthew, never Mr. Heart-stein. I've told you before." He warned in a serious tone.

"Sorry." I curtsied.

He shakes his head."Don't curtsy either."

A dead silence took over. I pulled my hands behind me so he couldn't see my hands shaking because of my nerves.

{Matthew's Point of View}

My smirk grew wider as I sensed her heart beating faster. She had a slight blush on her cheeks, even in the cold. This girl would be a piece of cake to get into bed. She's merely a human and a servant. She was cute for a human, she had this innocence in her and I'm going to take it from her.

"C-can I help you with something...Matthew?" she stuttered. She looked at me with those gray eyes, those wide eyes.

"I heard at breakfast that you were coming down to the lake. I'd thought I join you." I flashed a smile at her and can see her melting in the snow. I took a step closer to her and her heart beats faster. When I was inches from her, her cheeks were red and her hot breath was visible. She was about to take a step back when I wrapped my hand around her waist and pulled her into my chest.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Her voice showed fear and confusion. With the back of my fingers I caressed her cheek.

"Doing what I feel." I whispered so only she could hear. Slowly I went down and soon landed my lips on her. Her body tensed. I pulled out a little."Relax. I'm not going to hurt you."

"I've never...I uh..." Her voice came out embarrassed.

I chuckled slightly at her embarrassment."Don't worry, love, I know what I'm doing. I'll teach you how to kiss, if you let me." Once again I landed my lips on hers. She felt more relaxed.

"Ew!!!!"

[Emily's Point Of View]

"Don't worry, love, I know what I'm doing. I'll teach you how to kiss, if you let me." He said so only I could hear. I can remember, my body relaxing at his touch. He made me feel so safe. I felt something cold hit my cheek and I knew it was snowing. He deepened the kiss when he cupped my face with one of his hands.

"Ew!!!" my little brothers and sister chorused. I pulled away as soon as I heard them."Emily has a boyfriend, Emily has a boyfriend, Emily has a boyfriend." They teased. If my cheeks could turn any redder I would've been a tomato.

"For a second I forgot about your brothers and sister." Chuckled Matthew as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. I later found out it was a fake embarrassment.

I smiled as I thought he was embarrassed."Me too." I admitted. His hand around me waist was pulled back and I took a step back and walked towards my brothers and sister. I sent them death glares and they stuck their tongues out."Let's go guys. It's snowing harder." As we were walking back to the house I knew Matthew was following us from behind. I couldn't help but to feel my lips with my two first fingers, he was my first kiss and each one got better. This was all new to me.