Status: Finished

Giving up My Humanity and My Servitude to a Vampire

The Bet

My hopes were high, my heart fluttered as I thought back about his kiss. I had nothing else to compare it to so it was the best kiss of my life. Gosh-- looking back again-- I was so naive about things in life and I paid dearly for that. I had my dreams set on Matthew, maybe he was going to fall in love with me and get married and have children of our own. Yup, and I also thought Hitler was no threat. I laugh now at how stupid I was, but my story is how I became a cold-hearted bitch, so let's continue.

That week, I didn't try to avoid Matthew as much, every time we crossed each other's path, we needed up in a heated make out session. Madeline had to go back home, and Evelyn barely gave me any work. For those few days, I was happy and thought everything was going to go according to my plan. But it soon ended on New Year's Eve Day.

Evelyn ended up making a party, she said because a special guest was coming and that special guest was bringing a lot of people. I wore the dress Evelyn had given me, I had thanked her already, she also helped with my hair. It was set loose, but curled at the bottom. It wasn't the look of the 1930's but Evelyn said she wanted me to stand out. I looked at the mirror, unable to believe how beautiful I looked, I started to get nervous. This was a whole different world, I knew nothing about their likes and dislikes. I had no idea about the economy, except that we were in a depression because, well mostly because of unemployment.

"What if I make a fool of myself?" I asked Evelyn, who let out a small laugh.

"Don't worry about it, Emily. You'll do just fine...but try to stay away from anything expensive." she teased, you see, I have the tendency to drop things or move things around me when I'm nervous, I also start to blab about nonesense."You remind of me of myself when I was about your age." She laughs like it was an inside joke. I didn't get it so I stayed quiet.

I was at the top of the stairs and could hear the chatter of the people. Some laughed, most laughs fake by the way, and some just talked and talked.

"You clean up nicely." I jumped at the hit of his breath on my neck. He looked down at me with those beautiful blue eyes. Again loosing words, everything that wanted to come out was in gibberish.

"Hello." I choked out. A smirk curled on his perfect lips, he gave me a quick peck on the lips, but then he went in again and deepened the kiss. I didn't fight and gave into the kiss, I was accustomed to his lips and I never wanted it to end. Once more, my back hitted the wall and his hands were on my back, I shivered as his cold hands touched my warm skin."Stop, someone might see us." I said through the kiss, he broke apart and looked at me with lust in his eyes.

"Come to my room tonight." He whispered in a low seductive tone. I blushed as I got what he meant."I want you so badly." He squeezed closer to him.

"I-I can't." I stuttered and laid my hands on his chest and tried to push him off, but he was a standing wall. I could feel his toned body under his tuxedo.

"Come on." He insisted his lips pressed against my ear.

"Let go." my anger was rising and I wanted to get away from temptation.

"Matthew." Evelyn's voice came from my right side. Her hands on her hips, she had a black dress that hugged her every rightful curve, she had an angry look on her face. For a second I felt like an idiot, because Matthew and Evelyn looked at each other, their expressions changing but there was no talking going on. Finally Matthew talked.

"Whatever." He said and stompped down the stairs, each step angrier than the last, like he didn't get the candy he wanted, the candy being me.

"Emily." Her sharp tone made me nervous. I looked her.

"Yes, ma'm?" I asked nervous.

"Matthew...isn't the comitted type...I don't want to see you get hurt. It's for your own good." She warned in a friendly way. My head nodded immeditately. Right there I knew Matthew only wanted to get me in bed, which got me pissed. All those kisses and words were just to get in bed and I was falling for it, good thing Evelyn was there or I might've said yes.

"Ready, love?" asked Thomas to Evelyn as he offered the end of his elbow and Evelyn linked hers with her. With linked arms they walked down the stairs and I was behind them. As I was at the last steps I looked up and saw most of the guest looking at me. No expression, it was like they were studying me. As I looked around I noticed how elegant and beautiful this people were. All pale skin and unimaginably beautiful, some of the men smirked as they looked at me up and down, I saw some of them licking their lips. I felt violated and mostly eye-raped. I needed to get away and fast.

"Hi." A girls voice came from my left side. I looked and saw her dirty blonde hair, but unlike people here she wasn't pale, she was rather pink-ish a peach color. Her smile was sincere and friendly.

"Hi." I returned the smile nervously.

"You're Emily Halo, right?" She said, as she said my middle name I winced."What's wrong?"

"I don't really like my middle name." I admitted sheepishly.

"None sense, it's an exquisite name, very unique." She said and giggled a little."My name is Joanna."

"Nice to meet you Joanna." I said and smiled. I leaned close as she did."Can we go somewhere else, I feel awkward with everyone looking at me?"

She smiled."Sure." We headed to the other room. I noticed the beautiful decorations of the ball room.

"Whoa." I walked in a circled to so I could see the everything. A chalendier was hanging in on the ceiling at the top. Made of crystal and powered by light bulbs."Whoa."

"You get used to luxury after a while." said Joanna in a giggle.

"Oh." I said suprised."What are we suppose to do now?" I questioned honestly.

"You sociolize, of course. Talk to people, make a aquaintences." She said as she gave me a nudge of the shoulder with hers.

"I don't know anybody. I'll just go to my room." I said as I was making my way across the ball room, Evelyn caught my eyes.

"Emily, my dear, come here." She waved to me. I didn't see anybody with her so I decided to walk to her. As I got closer I noticed a young man standing next to her. His eyes locked on me and nothing else, really creepy. I had a confused look, but tried to cover it with a smile.

"Hello, good evening." I said as I bowed my head a little. The young man smiled.

"Emily, this is Edward his father is a very good friend of the family." Evelyn said as her hand gestured towards him.

"Pleasure to meet you." I said towards Edward. His smile grew wider and he reached for my hand, he gently placed a peck on the top of my hand.

"Pleasure is all mine." His had an accent, but I didn't know from where, I think it was Italian or French. My cheeks had a little pink across them.

"What is your entire name, beautiful?" He asked curiosity in his eyes as he came closer to me.

It took me a second to respond.

"Emilia Halo Johnson." I answered."But I prefer, Emily."

"Such a lovely name for a lovely madame." He winked at the end of his sentence.

"Thank you, edward" I said.

"Let me get you something to drink." He said as he walked away towards the drinks. I took the time to breath, his presence made me hold my breath.

"Enjoying your evening?" Matthew's voice said, this time anger rose inside of me. I snapped back with a glare.

"And why would you care?" I spat back in disgust.

"Who says I did?" He asked back.

"Leave me alone, Matthew. You are the last person I wish to see right now." I said as I turned back and saw edward holding out a cup for me. I took it.

"Matthew, long time no see." said edward."Where have you been hiding?"

"England." He answered. I was stuck between two handsome boys with their hot accents.

"I believe you know, Emily." Edward motioned his hand towards me.

"Of course, my mother's assistant. Unique, isn't she?" Matthew said, his eyes were on me, but I had gotten lost in the wall patterns.

"She certainly is." then there was that weird silence again. I looked over to Edward and saw him looking at Matthew. I felt so stupid, I had no idea what was going on.

{Matthew's Point Of View}

[I told you to stay away from her.] my mother yelled.

[Sorry, mum, couldn't help myself. She's too delicious.] I smirked

[Matthew, I'm warning you. I have plans for Emily, you're not in them. You are engaged to Madeline.] She hissed.

[It's not like I want her as my girlfriend, mother, she's just another mortal girl.] I said.

[I will not let you hurt Emily. I need her to be unwounded. And I mean in both physical and emotional way.] She hiseed.

"Whatever." I stormed down the stairs. I wanted Emily, I never wanted someone so badly. It's because she is forbidden that makes this all the more fun. I want what I can't have and Emily sounds like she is a sin, but it's not like I believe in God.

"Mattie. Honey." Madeline squealed. She linked my arms with hers. I only agreed to this marriage because my parents made me and it's also business wise. She was hot and easy to get to bed.

For a while all we did was talk and I was talking to my dear womenizer cousin Hunter. He was tall, dirty blonde and blue eyes. Of course vampire.

"I was with this one gi---" but his sentenced stopped and his gaze was on the stairs, I turned and looked at whom he was looking at...Emily. She looked beautiful in her white and black dress. She stood out from the rest because she was the only one in white."Who is that beauty?" Hunter asked in awe as he continued to stare at her.

"My mum's new assitant...Mortal though." I added the last part on purpose, Hunter wasn't the one whom would mess with mortals.

"A mortal eh? Never have a seen so much beauty on a mere mortal." He said his eyes following her every move. Emily was talking to some girl, I think her name was Joanna, an old friend of the family."What is her name?"

"Emilia Halo Johnson." I sighed."Did I mention she's a mortal?" I insisted.

I looked over back to Emily and saw her enter the ball room.

"Do you think your mum won't mind if I have just little taste? Her blood smells to delicious." He licked his lips.

"Mum said she's not to be touched." I said, Hunter frowns.

"Well that sucks." He said disappointed. He then looks over at me with an evil grin."You've already tasted her, didn't you?"

I smirked."No, but I can tell you I'm her first kiss." Hunter playfully punches my arm, I didn't feel a thing.

"Ohhhh, have you shagged her yet?" Hunter asked.

I frown."No, mother warned me to stay away from her from now on. She caught us kissing and Emily found out what I wanted from her, so she's pissed as well."

"Tough luck, mate." smiled Hunter.

"Don't worry. I will have her." I said.

"Wanna bet you won't?" Hunter's eyes twinkled with greed.

"How much?" I asked interested.

"200 dollars you don't get her in bed before I do." His evil smirk appears on his face.

"Deal. How long do we have?" I asked.

"One year from today." He said.