Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Eighteen

>>>Time Skip: Monday, right after school<<<

I wave bye to my friends as I enter my home and lock the door. I find Mom waiting for me on the couch. She stands when I enter and I wonder what I did wrong this time, but she just simply hands me the phone I got taken away on Thursday. I take it from her with a thanks before heading up to my room as she heads to the kitchen.

I’m surprised to find that Ricky isn’t in my room. I check my closet too, he’s not in there either. I doubt he’s in my mom’s room since she’s here, but I check in there anyways. Just as I assumed, he’s not in there either.

I start to believe that he lied about ghosts being stuck in the location of their death, until I peek in the laundry room and find him laying across the top of the running machines. I let out a chuckle at the cute sight, he averts sad eyes in my direction. My face falls.

“Babe, what’s wrong?” I ask him as I close and lock the laundry room door before moving closer.

“When I was still alive, I thought I wanted to die. Now that I’m dead, I’d do anything to be alive again. But it’s too late now, my heart will never beat again, no matter how much I want it to.”

“Awe, Ricky,” I hold my arms open to him, and he sits up, allowing me to comfortingly wrap my arms around him. He wraps his smaller arms around me too, and we just hold each other for a few moments.

“Ricky, can I ask you something?”

He hesitates a bit before he nods.

“How… How did you die?”

He doesn’t say anything, and I start to worry that I asked a bad question, but then he starts to talk.

“I was home alone one day, my family were out doing… I don’t remember, I think my sister had some sort of late night recital or something. I was hanging out with friends when they had to be there so I couldn’t go. When I got home, they still weren’t there.

I remember texting my mom and asking when they would be home, and she said in a few hours, they were going to some sort of event afterwards. I went upstairs and tried to sleep, but I could never sleep very well when I was alive. I think around midnight, I heard the door open so I went to say hello to my family and ask about the recital since I missed it.

It wasn’t my family at the door. It was some guy. I asked him why the fuck he was in my house and threatened to call the police if he didn’t leave. He, uh… He panicked and strangled me to death.

I have the bruises on my neck… I don’t like looking at them, so I covered them with your mom’s makeup.”

“Oh… Ricky… That’s terrible…”

“My death or stealing your mom’s makeup?”

I roll my eyes at my boyfriend. You can always count on him to make a joke after discussing something like this.

“I don’t care about my mom’s makeup, baby. Do you know what happened after you died?”

“Right after? No. My body wasn’t found for a few days after I died. That’s when my memories start again.”

“What’s your first memory from being dead?”

“I was laying on the floor, where I died. This house was mostly empty, so I figured my family had left.”

Ricky pulls away and moves to jump down from the washing machine, and I move out of the way so he can do so.

“I know what’ll make you feel better. Let’s talk to the guys!”

That brings a smile to Ricky’s face, making me smile too.

“We gotta be careful, I think my mom’s in the kitchen.”

And with that, I grab his hand and carefully lead him up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey... So, I think this story might end soon, I'm not too sure. I already know how it's gonna end though. But yeah, I love you guys so much, and sorry for taking so long to update :( <3