Status: oohyaychicken.tumblr.com

This Place Is Haunted, Possession by a Ghost

Chapter Nineteen

We give up on contacting the guys after five minutes of them not picking up. Ricky sighs disappointedly.

"So, I guess we can play the Xbox?" he suggests, and I sigh.

"Batteries are dead, remember?"

Ricky groans at that. I sigh as I move to lie down, motioning for him to come over. He snuggles up next to me and I pull him closer.

"Entertain me?" he asks. I almost don't hear his muffled request.

"I can tell you terrible ghost jokes that I found online?"

"Awe, why do they have to be ghost jokes? I take much offense," he looks up to me with a pout, mocking offense. I chuckle at him as I start to lean in, him moving to meet me halfway.

But we're stopped when I hear my phone go off. It's too cliché for me to be okay with it, so I answer the FaceTime call and glare at the boy that smiles apologetically on the screen.

"You fuckbag," I snap at Balz, who bursts into laughter at my comment. I watch unamused as he laughs his little ass off, so hard that he can't even audibly laugh. Ricky looks at the screen, concerned. I pity Ricky and myself for having to call this kid our friend.

He starts talking when he finally calms down enough, "That one's new!"

"And not funny," Ricky adds for him, making him laugh harder.

"Wanna just hang up?"

"Yeah."

Balz holds up a finger to stop us when words fail to be recognizable, but I hang up anyways. I put my phone back in it's place on the nightstand with a huff. Ricky giggles at me and I smile.

"So how 'bout those ghost jokes, then?"

"Okay, Chris. Go ahead."

"What did the little boy ghost have in his rock collection?"

Ricky takes a moment to contemplate the answer, shaking his head when he gives up.

"Tombstones!"

"That joke was lame."

"Don't worry, this one will make up for it!"

"Okay, let's hear it."

"What did the mommy ghost say to the kid ghost when they got in the car?"

"Uh... I don't know."

"Boockle up your sheetbelt!"

Ricky stares up at me, unamused and confused. "I don't get it."

"Ghosts go 'boo' and if you put a sheet over your head, you're pretending to be a ghost?"

He still looks confused.

"Boockle your sheetbelt? Buckle your seatbelt?"

"That one was so dumb I'm embarrassed I even heard it."

"That's mean. You're a jerk. No more cuddles for Ricky," I mock offense as I unwrap my arms from around him and turn my back to him. He whines and drapes his arm over my waist, spooning me from behind.

"I'm sorry, babe. Tell me more jokes."

I smile to myself as I try to remember another one I read, suppressing a giggle when I think of one, "what did Chris the ghost say to Ricky the ghost?"

"What did he say?"

"You're very boo-tiful."

"I'm flattered, but you tell the worst jokes ever."

"And you're the worst big spoon ever."

He moves his arm away, "fine, be my big spoon then. I'm taking a nap."

I smile and turn to cuddle him again, reaching for my phone to entertain myself while he sleeps.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of my readers on Wattpad pointed out that they haven't kissed yet... Oops.
I'm stalling a bit so I interrupted them :( I hate writing kissing scenes as much as I hate writing smut. why do I even write fan fiction if this is the case I'm such a disgrace, lol :D
Sorry if this is bad, I wrote it all in one go on a dying iPad. I like it though so hopefully you guys will too :)
You guys all make me happy, thank you guys so much for being here. I love you all so much :)