Status: slowly active - please comment and tell us what you think!

Wherever You Are

Kat

It’s been a few days since I went to that party at Calum’s with Mavis. It was a fun night, real fun, and I met Luke. He was a real nice lad, plus, he was cute, which was a plus as well. Right now I was sat in the living room of mine and Mavis’ shared flat, with a cup of tea tight in my grip. It was early, ‘round nine in the morning, and I couldn’t sleep so I decided to get up and fix myself a cup, to put me at ease. I think Mavis was still asleep and that was real surprising since she doesn’t sleep late, hardly ever.

As I sit there and enjoy my tea, I can’t help but let my mind drift back to last night. It was indeed a fun night. Most of the night, I was chatting it up with Luke, one of Cal’s mates. I’m glad I met him and I can see myself getting together with him again. We have a lot in common, actually, and I couldn’t wait to see him again. Soon, my phone begins to go off, buzzing quite loudly, which pulls me from my thoughts. I set my cuppa tea on the nearest coaster on the coffee table so I won’t spill it so I can check my phone.

I pick up my phone from my lap and stare at the screen to see who was contacting me, trying to, rather. There was a new text message from Luke. As I stare at my phone, I can’t help but smile and type in my pass code so I can read it and reply back. After the party, when we first met, every so often, we’ve kept in touch and texted each other sometimes.

Hey Kat! Was thinking ‘bout going out to get lunch later with the boys. Would ya like to join us? (: let me know! I’d love to see ya again. – Luke (: x

I smile as I finish reading his message. It would definitely be fun and I wouldn’t mind seeing him again, along with Cal and the other boys. It would be fun if Mavis went with but I don’t know if she would want to go or not. It wouldn’t hurt to ask, would it? Before I go to reply back to him, I stand up from my spot on the couch and begin to make my way toward the hallway, which led to Mavis’ room, my phone in my hand.

I walk down the small hallway to her room. When I reach the door, that’s when I knock lightly on the wooden door in front of me. I hear some shuffling on the other side of the door before it opens. Mavis stood there in a blue shirt and some shorts, some plaid slippers on her feet.

“H-hey Kat,” she gives me a small smile and runs a hand through her messy hair. “What, uh, what’s going on?” she asks and covers her mouth as a yawn leaves her lips.

“Nothing much,” I tell her and smile a bit. “So, Luke texted me earlier and was asking if I wanted to go to lunch with him and the guys. Thought I might ask if you wanna join as well? It would be fun, I saw you talking with Ashton last night,” I tell her and notice her smile a bit as I bring up Ashton.

“Sure,” she replies in a soft tone. “I guess so, yeah, I’ll go,” she gives me a small smile in return. I smile and tell her it was going to be fun. A few minutes go by and I soon go off so I can text him back and begin to get ready. I walk in to my room and shut the door after I walk in and put my attention back on my phone I held in my hand so I can text Luke back.

Hey! I’m up for it! Mavis is coming too if that’s alright! Where are we meeting and when? (: let me know!

After I send the message, I decide to begin getting ready. I go over to my closet so I can find something to wear. It takes me a few minutes but I soon decide on a pair of jeans that were slightly ripped a bit down the legs and a crop top. I even grab my black and white vans to go with that outfit since I wanted to be comfortable and those were my favorite shoes. After I pick out my clothes, I go take a quick shower before I begin to get ready.

Just as I walk back into my room, towel tightly wrapped around my body from my shower, I hear my phone buzzing. I walk over so I can get it and see who it was from. Luke, I bet. I grab hold of my phone and press the home button on my iPhone to find a new message from Luke. I feel my lips curve into a smile as I stare at the screen of my iPhone.

Before I reply, I set my phone down so I can change quickly. Once I change into the clothes I picked out, I reach for my phone. I go to my messages so I can read what he sent me. The message wasn’t long but it was a bit on the shorter side.

That’s fine with us! Just told Ashton and he can’t wait to see her again! Been talking about her nonstop! ‘Round noon at Cyrano Bistro sound good? (:

I smile and find myself nodding at his text message and feel stupid when I realise he couldn’t actually see me. Wow, how stupid am I? I let the thought pass as I grab my vans and put them on. After I send him a reply and tell him that sounds good, I go and finish getting ready. It takes me a few minutes to finish getting myself ready but I was done and ready to go. My hair was pulled into a simple side braid and my teeth were freshly brushed.

I grab my phone and slip it in the pocket of my jeans and reach for my car keys and house key. I am soon making my way out my room so I can wait for Mavis. I grab my small cross-body bag and put it over my shoulder as I walk down the hallway. It is going to be a fun day, with Mavis and the guys. I can’t wait to see Luke again. To pass the time, I begin to play a game on my phone.

A few minutes later, I look up to see Mavis standing there, a small smile on her face. She was in a light blue shirt and jeans, her dark hair falling past her shoulders. “So, where are we going?” Mavis asks as she walks in the room. I look up at the sound of her voice and give her a small smile.

“We’re meeting Luke and the guys at Cyrano Bistro at noon,” I tell her.

“Oh,” she says and looks over at the clock on the wall in the living room. I follow her gaze to find it was a little after eleven.

“If we’re meeting them soon, I guess we should leave now then, yeah?” she asks as she looks at me. I give her a nod of my head and tell her a “sure” in reply. Mavis and I walk out the door so we can get going to where we were meeting Luke, Cal and the boys for lunch. I pull out my phone so I can send Luke a text to tell him that we are on our way. After I send him the message, I put my phone back in my pocket before we get in the car and begin driving to where we were meeting up with them.

Mavis gets in the passenger side while I take my seat behind the steering wheel. After I start up the car, I plug in the address of the place we were going in the GPS and we were set. We are soon on our way over to the place we were meeting up at. It’s about a ten minute drive to the bistro we were meeting them at, from my flat I shared with Mavis. The drive there, Mavis and I chat about random things that went on at the party we went to at Cal’s. Before too long, we are finally pulling into the small car lot where the place was, and I find a spot close to the front.

I turn the car off and pull the keys from the ignition before we get out. The smell, in the air, was heavenly; I’m pretty sure which was coming from the bistro we were heading to, and made my mouth water. I was hungry and this really didn’t help right now. At least we were here now.

“Should we head up there and wait, or what?” Mavis asks in a soft tone, and looks at me, a look of nervousness on her face.

“We can go wait in the front, sure they’re on their way,” I tell her with a kind smile and put my hand on her shoulder in a friendly gesture.

“Okay,” she says with a sigh and continues to walk beside me as we make our way to the front of the place. As we walk up to the front entrance of the place, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I was sure it was Luke telling me they were here or something. Since we were close to the front, it didn’t take long. I step off to the side and pull my phone from my pocket.

Almost there (: blame Michael and his fiery red hair for not waking up right away haha (: x

I can’t help but laugh as I read his message. He was funny, and I liked that. Just as I begin to text him back, I look up to find the four of them walking up to us.

“Hey Kat! Hey Mavis!” Calum greets us as they walk up and he gives me a friendly hug. I smile and return the gesture.

“Hey Cal,” I smile as we part from the hug. We all exchange “hello’s” with each other and I find myself begin to chat with Luke after he gives me a tight hug. A few minutes go by and we all head inside the quaint little bistro. As we walk inside the front doors, my nose is filled with all different smells, good ones.

“Hi, um, how many?” the girl asks who stood behind a podium in the front area.

“Six, please,” I tell her with a kind smile.

“Alright,” she scribbles something down on a notepad before looking up with a smile on her face, and grabbing six menus for us. “I’ll show you all to your table,” she says with a smile.

The six of us follow behind the girl who was taking us back to our table. We follow her to the back near an area where there weren’t many people. As much as I like attention, I don’t think I’d like to be annoyed by stupid paparazzi all the time. That’s one of the reasons I feel bad for Cal and the boys, because it seems like they hardly get any privacy.

“Is this one alright?” she asks with a put-on smile after she sets the menus down on the table.

We all give her a polite nod of our head and tell her it was fine. It was perfect, actually. Another thing I noticed is that it isn’t too crowded, either. We all take our seat in the booth and begin to look over the menu so we can decide on what to eat. All I knew was that I was starving, everything sounds good to me right now. I was stuck in between Calum and Luke. Ashton, Mavis and Michael were on the other side.

We all laugh and enjoy our lunch. It was a nice time with new friends. Most of the time, I find myself talking with Luke and going on about random things that came to mind. After we all finish up, we pay for our meal, which the boys end up doing, because they were the ones who invited us out.

Now, we all stood out in the front talking amongst each other. I was lost in conversation with Luke about something. He was too cute with his smile, eyes, and then there was his lip ring. I always loved piercings on a guy, plus it gave him a bit of an edge, especially with how he dresses, in rock t-shirts, jeans and sneakers on his feet.

“Would you want to come back and hang out for a bit?” Luke asks with a smile as he looks at me.

“I–” I start but am immediately cut off by Ashton interrupting.

“Kat, just want to let you know that Luke here couldn’t stop talking about you, you’re all he goes on about,” he tells me with a smile. I look at him, a small hint of a smirk on my face, eyebrows creased together. A nervous laugh leaves my lips as I look from Ashton and back to Luke, who was smiling and trying to hide it with his hands.

“Hush, mate,” Luke mumbles and pushes the boy with messy hair, a small hint of a smile playing on his lips. “And you don’t do the same about Mavis,” he smiles. I smile a bit and have to cover my face in embarrassment.

“What do you say, Kat?” Luke asks after a minute of silence between us. I could hear the other guys along with Ashton and Mavis going on about nonsense around us. I look up to be met by his blue eyes looking back at me, a smile on his lips.

“Yeah, sounds fun to me,” I tell him with a smile and nod my head.

After a few minutes, we all talk and decide that Mavis and I were going to go over for a bit and chill with them. Mavis and I are soon on our way, following behind the boys, to wherever they lived. I think from what Calum said, they all lived close by, which was good. It was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there! It's been a while but here's my chapter!:) also, sorry it's such a long chapter!

It's kind of a long one, so I hope you all like it! We'd love to know what you think - comment, recommend, subscribe for us? ♥ would mean a lot to us! Ashley's up next with her chapter!(:

thanks for reading, hope everyone likes it!!!

- Teddi (light me up.) ♥