Status: WIP

I'll Be There for You

ONE

Max sat perched on a ledge of a window of an apartment complex on 81st and Columbus. She was watching her target. He was talking to another man. They said goodbye, then her target began moving up the the street. She used her grappling hooks to scale the building.

Once on the roof, she began running. She kept an eye on her target. A few blocks away, her target turned down an alley way. She was about to attack, when something attacked her. She began to fight.

The two of them, rolled across the roof. She sent kicks into his gut. He tried to land a punch. She put him in a head lock with her ankles. He smacked her leg.

She tightened her hold. He bit her thigh. She let go then rolled away. A few flips later and she was about to jump to the next roof. He tackled her to the ground.

He turned her over then straddled her. He pinned her arms to the ground. "Stop fighting me Bonnie." She glared at him. "Don't you ever call me that!?"

She struggled to get free. She growled. A moment later, she started crying. He finally let her up. She hated when he made her break.

He sat beside her then pulled her into a hug. She began yelling in Romanian and hitting his chest. "Bonnie, English!" She socked him in the jaw. "Four years, Barton. Four years!

You can't just come and go as you please, dammit!" She hit him again. She wiggled her way out from underneath him. She walked towards the ledge. "Bon, please, let me talk to you."

She stopped, turning slightly to look over her shoulder. "You're still with her," she said, more of a statement than a question. He sighed. She backed up then began running. She soared through the air before landing on the next roof.

He followed, not ready to let her go. He caught up to her. She had already jumped. He jumped too, releasing an arrow, that attached itself to the building. He grabbed her by the waist.

"It's not meant for two people," she said, afraid the line would snap. "I had it altered. It will support us both." She held on to him tightly. She had her face hid in the crook of his neck,

Their feet touched the ground. "You can look now," he said coolly. She opened her eyes. She hesitated to move from his grasp. "Bonnie, look at me."

She did. It had been four years since they had last seen each other. She had been twenty-six at the time.

She had been residing in Northamptonshire, England. She had been chasing a target, much like she was now.

He was supposed to bring her in to S.H.I.E.L.D. Instead, he was captivated by her. He planted himself in her path. She lost her train of thought. Her target got away...for now.

She was "hypnotized" by his blue eyes. "Barton. Clint Barton." She gave him a small smile. "Braddock. Maxine Braddock." He offered her a hand.

She took it. "Join me for lunch?" he asked. She smiled again. "Already?" He raised an eyebrow.
"I suppose. Let me run by my flat and change clothes." She pressed buttons on her watch. Soon a car appeared. "Need a ride?"

It was an Audi R8. Black. He looked from it to her. "Don't worry, it's paid for. I promise."

He was still skeptical. She opened the door and slid in behind the wheel. She revved the engine. He smiled then hurried to the passenger side. The instant he shut the door, they were off.

As they drove, her car started talking to her. But in a different language. She spoke back. Never taking her eyes off the road, she said "Romanian." He looked over at her.