Perfect Birthday Present

Entering The Dating World

"Feels good to be back in my office" she said to her self.

Before she could say another word to herself, the phone rang.

"Hello".

"Hello Cassandra, you have a call on line two, he says he's a friend but refuses to tell me his name".

"Ok I'll take the call".

"Hello Cassandra speaking".

"Hey Cassandra. It's me Alejandro".

"Oh you" she said in disappointment.

"Were you expecting someone else".

"No, but I didn't know you knew my number".

"Well I have my ways".

"And what is the point of this call, if I may ask".

"I just wanted to ask you something".

"Well go ahead you have my undivided attention", she said as she picked up a Rubrick's Cube.

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"No why".

"Would you like to go out for dinner with me?"

"Like on a date?"

"Yeah, a business one of course".

"Oh", she said with disappointment. She hadn't dated anyone in a couple of months and really had low self-esteem.

"Sure why not".

"I'll pick you up at seven".

"Wait you know where I live?"

"Remember I have my ways".

"Well see you at seven". She said as hard to get as she could ever be.

"Bye". He said in a flirtatious voice.

"Bye". She repeated in the same way.

"Yes", she screamed.

She was back in the dating business.

The day quickly went by and before she knew she was already running late.

"Ding, Ding". There was the sound of the crappy old door bell.

"She quickly sprayed the last bit of hairspray left in the bottle and ran down the stairs. She reached for the door knob and opened the door. She could smell his Axe body spray as soon as she peeked out the open door. His face was full of desperation, quickly became a crystal white smile.

"Hi", she said in a low tone.

"Hey", he responded. "You look beautiful", he added.

"Thank You, so where are we going tonight?"

"I thought it would be a good idea to try out a new restaurant in downtown". "Unless you have another place in mind"?

"No, that sounds great".

As they walked down the path leading to the car they could hear a birds chirp humming what had the melody of a romantic song.

"Let me get the door". He said politely.

"Thank You". She said as she got in to his tuxedo black 2009 Mercedez. He walked around the car to get to his door. As he did Cassie examined his polish look. He was wearing a Calvin Klein button up shirt with denim jeans and bleach white Jordan's. He got in fastened his seat belt. And turned his car on. Cassie started fiddling with her bangles at the thought of being on a romantic date with someone she met less than 24 hours ago. Within ten minutes they had arrived at the new restaurant Crush.

"I heard they have a great shrimp and lobster salad". He said trying to start a conversation.

"Sounds delicious". She said.

He turned off his Mercedez and went around the car to get Cassie's door.

"Thank You", she said.

"Shall we go in", he asked.

"Why not", she responded.

They walked in through the door and were ushered to their seats by a waiter. The sat down and began examining the menu.

"The salmon sounds good". She said breaking the silence.

"I'll think I'll have that salad we were talking about earlier". "The shrimp and lobster one". He said to the waiter.

When the waiter left Cassie said, "I'll be back, I have to freshen up".

"Ok", Alejandro replied.

As time passed, Alejandro kept checking his watch. Every second that went by felt like hours to him without his true love. She quickly came into his sight and finally sat down at the table. Alejandro stared at her luscious blue eyes. Their eyes met and were lost in each other. He could smell her freshly applied Victoria Secret perfume. He could also se he glow in her lip gloss that she had applied.

"Our orders are here". He said.

"Great, because I'm starving". She replied.

The both quickly began eating their food.

"This is delicious".

"Very", Alejandro replied.

Before they knew it there food was all gone and they would actually have to engage in a conversation.

"So how is work like?" "Is there anything I need to know before I start?" He quickly added.

"Nothing really, but if you mind I'd rather not talk about work right now". She said very seriously.