Psychotic craze

Pizza.

"So I though pizza for dinner how is that? If you don't want some then I'll make you something else or - " She began babbling at high speed I shook my head vigorously, she was doing it again.

"Pizza is fine mom." I stressed the words glancing at her as she reversed around a corner dangerously.

"Okay, it's just a few blocks away we can go now, I'll order it and get them to deliver it." She revved the engine and carried on through the streets.

"So what would you like to do tonight?" She asked.

"Um sleep?" I suggested stupidly.

"So you want to go home, eat the pizza and sleep at about 7pm?" She chuckled.

"Oh - well I don't know then, probably just lounge around." I narrowed my eyes as she slowed down and parked up.

"Well we have a lot of movies back home, we could watch one together, a horror, a comedy, or a chick flick - whatever you choose." She suggested getting out of the car, she walked into the pizza shop and I glanced around the street waiting.

I saw a pizza delivery boy come out of the store holding a pizza and something in his mouth; he was prodding about in his back pocket trying to shove something in. The yellow and blue uniform was hideous against his tanned skin and almost black hair. His blue eyes flashed in my direction he left me a short smile before jogging towards a small car down the street a bit. I watched as a folded blue note fell out of his back pocket and waited for him to realise, but he carried on walking slowing his pace slightly.

I got out of the car, "Hey - hey you!" I shouted stupidly but he didn't turn around. I grabbed the piece of paper and jogged after him.

"Excuse me?" I prodded his back.

He turned and stopped. "Hey there." He flashed me a smile casually, before I could tell him he'd dropped something he grinned wider and spoke.

"I know, you saw me from the car and just had to come up to me right?" He ran his fingers through his hair as I suppressed a laugh.

"Oh keep dreaming sunshine. You dropped this." I placed it on top of the pizza box before turning my back to him and walking back to the car.

"Worth a try right?" I heard him call a second later.

Humph - boys, I rolled my eyes.
____________________________________________

Shopping was tiring and I still had a growing uncertainty about everything she had brought me, summer would surely be over in a week or two and then came the chilly winds and bitter colds of winter. Nevertheless she had me covered for that too, I sighed dumping all my bags down onto my bed - this was crazy.

"Knock. Knock." I heard my mom whisper form behind me, I turned to catch the cold bottled water she through at me. I dropped backwards onto my bed with another heavy sigh out of exhaustion.

"How are you feeling?" I felt the edge of my bed sink down a little - man would she ever stop buzzing around me?

"Tired, a little sweaty and out of place." I muttered quietly playing with the wrapping of the bottle, once I had realised what I had actually said, I sat up quickly trying to explain.

"Well that's understandable, it'll take time." She stroked my hair before getting up herself.

"I expect the pizza to be here in another 20 minutes, so freshen up and stuff." She grinned before walking out, I collapsed backwards on my bed once more - I was so tired. Getting up, I dug around for some comfortable clothes and walked changed into them when I heard Daniel and Toby downstairs. I walked down the stairs quietly and saw Toby and Daniel sitting on the floor in front of the television laughing like lunatics and whilst playing a game.

"Alison!" I heard someone shout, I spun around quickly.

"Could you help me with these boxes hunny?" My mom shouted from some room next to the lounge which I hadn't inspected yet.

I turned back round and walked forwards towards the room when I caught Toby's eyes, he was leaning back against the edge of the sofa and grinned at me wildly before nodding slightly, his eyes sized me up in a second. His stare never left mine until I hurried my pace feeling under the spotlight for too long.

My mom was crouched over some dusty old boxes in a room which was smaller than the lounge; it had a sofa and a small television in it.

"Are you okay?" She asked straightening up after seeing me.

"Err yeah." I said almost breathlessly.

"Why do you look so flustered?" She added comically putting her hands on her hips.

"I am - I do - I mean…what?" I blurted out looking away.

She smirked knowingly before pushing a box towards me.

"My friend wants these, I was going to throw them out anyway, could you help me put them near the front door, she said she'll come around and collect them later." She pondered as I mustered all my strength and picked up the box; kicking the door open I dropped it next to the door and went back to my mom.

"I wonder if these ones are broken." She pursed her lips digging through some more boxes when we heard the door bell ring.

"Ah that must be the pizza, here - " She began digging into her jean pockets, she ushered me out of the door with some dollars, as I approached the door I saw Toby already standing there talking to the delivery guy.

"Dude there's some new meat in town." The delivery guy laughed, I squinted to realise he was the same guy I had met earlier.

"New meat?" Toby asked confused whilst leaning on the door frame.

"English, brunette, gorgeous blue eyes and -" He spoke.

I blinked in surprise what the hell?

Toby grinned as he noticed I had heard everything the delivery guy had just said and straightened up.

"Yeah I do know - she lives here." Toby began trying not to laugh.

"Get out of it man, this is the Dawson's house, she's English, probably some tourist." The guy replied.

"How much?" Toby asked finally grasping the pizza.

"Oh that's $25 without tip." The guy began.

Toby moved to the side a little where I came into view, trying not to feel embarrassed, I put $25 into his hands.

"That's $25 without a tip." I spoke clearly, his eyes shot up to my face and his jaw dropped as he quickly glanced at Toby.

"She - but you...but this -" He began not getting his words out.

I rolled my eyes and waved before shutting the door - what a weirdo.

"About time I'm starving!" Daniel appeared out of no where, he grabbed the boxes out of Toby's hand and completely ignoring me he walked towards the kitchen table where my mom had sat down.

I followed reluctantly and took a seat next to my mom; Daniel shot me a glare and looked away.

It was good knowing he still had something against me.