Cheers to "Friends"

[02] The Party-Scene

"Now I’m lying on the table,

With everything you said,

Keep it in mind,

The way that it felt,

When the most I could do was to just blame myself,

Most I could do was to just blame myself

Well I know you don’t mean everything

I know you didn’t mean it

I know- Yeah?" I asked in a slight sing-song voice, as someone was knocking on my door.

The door knob turned as a resultant of my voice, to show a stout girl, who looked younger than she seemed. It was Gwyneth Lo, she was 17, 4ft 11, with black hair that matched her black eyes. Everything about her: what she wore, the way her fringe covered up her eye, looked all fake. You don't understand me, do you? Well to put it in better context, she looked out of place. Out of her skin. Nothing seemed right. She was a great friend and all; but never the type of friend that one would want. As she always followed the trend; never daring to go out of bounds to make up her own coolness.

Someone would simply state something about themselves, she would reply with a comment usually with a "me"," I", or "myself". I found myself always caught up in a constant metaphoric battle with her, that I didn't want in the first place. Where I would say something along the lines of "Guess what? I can now do an ollie on the skateboard!"

She would then retort back with a "Pfft, I could do that 4 days ago."

Everything I said or did never seemed to match her obvious lies, because once she walks it, her talk silences, and she falls flat on her face.

"Are you ready yet, Tara?"

"Um, yeah, I just need to put on some shoes and I'm ready to go." With that I rummaged through my closet for a pair of beat up converses, to match with the dark skinnies and fitted oversized Hurley top that I had on. With that i pulled over my brown leather jacket and turned off the lights ready to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party that Sara threw wasn't much well done, as she didn't buy any food. The only thing good, was the Ipod speakers and Ipod that she borrowed from the birthday girl herself. People were everywhere in the common room, mingling about, loitering around and doing things you would expect teenagers doing at our age. I managed to spot Kane on the other side of the room with a bottle of "Heineken" cleverly disguised as a "seven-up". He seemed to look as if he belonged in The Party Scene, the way he lays back onto one of the columns, and just stands there with a slight smirk on his face. But that's how everyone here was like, we all knew how to hold our liquors up to the third swig, we knew how to party. After all that is what kids like us, with parents that could afford one of the most expensive boarding schools in the whole of England, do. Funnily enough when I say that though, I don't drink much. I usually end up sipping my beer, providing if I get one. You see I never really like the idea of getting so drunk that I forget what happened the day before.

By the time it was time for Anna to open her presents, she went through everyone's present, quickly ripping the wrapping paper, and ogling at her new belonging. She would always say "Thank You" to the person as we all sat around her, seeing what she got. That's when she came upon the whole collected close group of friend's present.

"Anna, the whole present was bought by Belle and Tara. So I had nothing to do with it." Sara surrendered, as Anna was about to snag upon the carefully wrapped box. With those comments, I gave Sara a good stare. I couldn't believe what she said! I was unbelievably pissed. Thoughts of me, breaking her glasses, throwing her out of the window, and pulling off all her hair, rushed into my mind. But I was helpless, with a comment like that, I knew I shouldn't let it slide but I'm not one to bicker until I have to. All eyes were on me, so I did only one thing I could do, without shouting at her or being violent. I got up from the bean bag, took my leather jacket from the couch, and walked straight out the door.

I found myself sitting on the bench near the balcony in the quad. This was the place where I would refuge at providing if it wasn't a rainy day. I could relax my mind here, while catching the glimpse of sunsets that set rich contrasts to the sky. It always helped in the morning, to clear my grogginess to go outside to watch all the cars passing by, whilst I dangled my feet off of the banners. It was the only place where I could remain silent and not be expected to talk. I actually shared this place with one other person at night times.

She was more of the strong silent type. I never really noticed her until I open my eyes to sometimes see her staring out at the pitch, leaning over the balcony. These were one of the days where she would being doing just that, but taking a drag in the process. She went by the name of Kayla Song, and she suited it well, with her black dyed hair, and underlying blue hair. Her clothes were usually black, and was more inclined to not talk to anybody around her.

Eerie silence overcame me, and to break that I decided to put on my ipod, I searched for the best song to fit my mood, and soon found”Call it Karma" to calm me down. I closed my eyes to take in the lyrics and let the words gushing out wash over me, whilst the guitar riffs, soothed me into a relax state.

"goodbye old friend,
goodbye goodnight.
I'll move on,
you'll call it fate, I'll call it karma.
We had our time, it was fun,
while it lasted.

I'll look back, with honor,
and no regrets.
I won't be mad, won't feel bad
these memories will never leave me,
don't be sad."

As the song finished, I softly sang the song under my breath. With my neck bent for my head to dangle on the other side of the bench. I opened my eyes to see Kayla gone, and someone else walking towards me. Kane. Kane was walking towards me. With something in his hands. I closed my eyes again to see if it were just a dream. Then I opened them back up, but my theory was proved wrong when I saw him coming even closer.

"I bought you an offering," Kane said as he smiled lightly at me. I gave him no reply. I just looked into his eyes, with less of an intention to get lost in them.

"Is it ok if I sit with you? I mean, I won't if you don't want me to or anything," he trailed off.

"No, it's ok, knock yourself out."

"Cool." He lowered himself on the bench, just looking out at the darkness in silence. We managed to stay in that comfortable silence for what seemed to be hours.

"Oh yeah, I thought I should give you this, cause you weren't there for birthday cake part." he gave over the "offering" that he was talking about before, to show a big piece of cake engulfed with tissue. I took it from his hands, and opened it up ready to eat it, but noticed his eyes boring on me as I was putting one of the pieces that I broke off in my mouth. With that going unnoticed I turned towards him, almost expecting him to give me an answer as to why he was staring at me.

"-sorry."

"No it's ok. Do you want some?"

"Um, yeah." I placed the cake in the middle indicating for him to take it as he pleased.

"Why are you out here?" I asked questioningly.

"I thought you might have needed some company or something. I mean what Sara said was really bitchy and stuff. It was a great present; everyone was like 'woah' when Anna opened it." With the comment I let out a little laugh.

"Thanks; but you didn't have to come out here. I bet you’re missing out on the bitch'n time there." I said with bitterness. With that he slightly smirked, probably thinking that I didn't see him do that.

"Girl's grinding upon guys to that Hip-Hop shit? Nah; I don't think so. Besides, judging from the music blearing out of your ipod, we would have probably legged it out there, and found ourselves in the exact spot anyway." A slight smile spread across my face, and with that he continued talking.

"Do you usually come here?"

"Uh, Yeah, either here or the playground. Just to clear my head and stuff."

"You know, I would've screamed at Sara so badly."

"Huh?"

"At the party."

"Oh. What can I say? I have no back-bone."

"No! No! I don't mean that! I mean what you did was brave, because everyone knew it was bitchy comment."

I looked up and gave up a smile; in return he gave off a goofy type of smile, which made the creeks of my lips to slide upwards even more.

I was laughing so hard, that only dogs could hear me at that frequency. He was fucking hilarious. Seriously. By this time my watch read "9:23"and I still had no intentions of leaving because of him.

"So I had to buy a new guitar, all thanks to Kyle. I was NOT impressed." He looked so serious for a second. At that moment I stopped incase he would get angry at me laughing over his scenario, but trying to control my laughter didn't work so well. It must've shown on my face or something because my attempts at shutting my mouth caused Kane to hurl a laugh.

"Hey! Are you laughing at me?!" I questioned as I finished laughing.

"No, well Yes. You should've seen your face. It looked like a rabbit."

"What the he-"

"No! No! I don't mean it like that! You actually look quite cute like that." He said with a wide grin on his face I couldn't help but return it.

"Oooh! I love this song." I shrilled when Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. came on. He took the ipod from between us and pulled it up to his face.

You favor progression over honesty,
Whilst you pick apart the misguided things that you thought about me.
If you took the time just to get a clue,
Than you'll probably just realize I'm the same as you.

…And I don't want to feel,
That the only thing that can make me real
Is the fact that I can sing and write
For the joy of someone else.

"You know out of all the girls in this school; you're definitely one in the 700." He said sincerely. His eyes staring straight down at me. How do I know? Because I was staring straight up at the pair of murky sea eyes. I didn't dare take my eyes off of him, so he took the liberty to continue.

"All the girls I know usually babble on about themselves, and I'm supposed to be the listener. It's a good change to have someone that I can share a conversation with. Besides not many girls would attempt to sing along to the music that’s playing on their ipod either. Especially if guys are around." With that comment I cracked up with laughter.

"Well, I guess in that way I'm definitely not like other girls then."

"No, you’re something special Tara Simms." You know those moments when it's a complete instinct to just go up to that guy and simply kiss him? Yeah? Well these were one of these moments. I swore, I could have just closed those 5 inches between us. But I didn't. I really wasn't the type to take the reigns after knowing someone for 3 hours. Besides there, wasn't any point in kissing him if I didn't know whether he liked me or not. So my counter reaction was to blush into a deep rosé color.

So instead I replied with "Um, it's like 9:30, I think I should go." I hastily walked away after he took off the ear phone from his ear. I'm such a dumb ass, now he probably thinks that I’m weird!

Little did I know he replied with a "See you around Tara." under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics in this Chapter:
"This Photograph is Proof [I Know You Know]" by Taking Back Sunday
"Call It Karma" by Silverstein
"If I Had £1 for Every Stale Song Title I'd Be 30 Short of Getting Out of This Mess" by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.

You know what would be really nice? Comments on my stroy. Ok, Ik now that i'm spilling out these chapters like I'm throwing up but pleasse.

It would be very much appreciated that I could feel the big L-O-V-E.