Missing You

His Place

It took me two weeks to build up the courage to drive across town to Happy’s house. Now that I was parked in front of his house, I didn’t think I was going to get out of the car. If I was going to be honest with myself, I didn't really want to. I sat in the driver’s seat arguing with myself. I tried to tell myself that if he really missed me, then he would have been to show up at my door yesterday, not Juice. Then a thought ran across my mind. What if he was afraid that I lost all feeling for him? My eyes teared up, and I wiped them away.

I sighed for the twentieth time, opening the car door, and dragged my feet to the front door. I knocked on the door as I stopped in front of the painted wood. I waited for him even though there wasn’t any sound coming from the other side. I figured he wasn’t going answer the door, so I turned to go back to my car. I heard the door unlock, causing me to look back at the door and hope it wasn't his aunt or mom.

Happy stood in the entrance of his house with a frown. He looked just like Juice said-his face looked tired and worn out. He had left his shirt off and only wore sweatpants. It was normal to see him only wearing that though when he was just laying around the house. He stared at me as he asked, “What are you doing here, Gillian?”

I would be an idiot if I didn’t hear that pain in his voice, making me feel worse about what happened. About what I did. I knew that there was a lot of things I needed to tell him, but all I could say was, “I miss you.” I could feel the tears start to form in the back of my eyes.

“You came all the way over here to tell me that?” he asked with disbelief in voice. “Do you think I’m going to take you back just because you miss me? You broke my heart because you didn’t believe me when I told you how I felt. Yet, here you are telling me you miss me. I find this very odd.”

“Happy, I’m a fucking idiot, okay? I had been so used people just walking out on me that I thought you would too. I figured it since you didn’t show it like I imagined you would, I worried about you being like the other guys. I love you,” I explained, trying to hold back my tears. "I know that doesn't prove anything, but I'm telling you the truth."

He just looked at me in the doorway of his house. His exposed torso showed off his muscles and tempted me to run my hands on his tan skin, but I knew this wasn’t the time to do that. He didn’t say anything, forcing me to freak about what to think. I could only imagine this wasn't going to be good. I would go back home and be lonely. I would cry my heart out and wish he was there to hold me.

“I know this isn’t going to fix anything. I just thought that I should at least try to talk to you,” I said. I turned on my heels, heading back to my car. I tried to make sure that I didn’t cry in front of him because I didn’t want him to see how much I missed him or how much I hurt myself by hurting him.

His hand grabbed my elbow and turned me around to face him. He didn’t say anything, before planting his lips on mine. I didn’t take long to respond to the kiss. I moved my lips with his in delicate sync that we both knew. His hands were on my hips. I naturally moved my arms around his neck.

He slowly pulled away. “You honestly thought that I was going to let you walk away?”

I glared at him “You ass,” I whined, slapping his shoulder. “Why did you make me think you weren’t going to take me back?”

“I wanted to hear why you dumped me without outright asking you,” he admitted with a teasing grin.

It took me a second to realize we were in his front yard with me in his arms. I could only imagine what his neighbors had to say about this. I was sure I was going to hear about it on Monday since his neighbor worked with me at the hair salon,and I honestly didn't care.

“I missed you, Gillian. Don’t leave me again?” he warned me.

“You think I would be able to leave you again?” I asked him, before pulling his lips back to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I know that I was going to do this sooner, but I was having terrible internet connections and got a little sidetracked. I'm sorry for that. I hope this makes up for it. I love this short story for some strange reason. I hope you like and hope that you will let me know.