Status: On hiatus

No Such Thing as Too Young

Chapter 10

As we wake up in your room,
Your face is the first thing I see.
The first time I’ve seen love,
And the last I’ll ever need.
“Kissing in Cars” – Pierce the Veil

The next morning I woke up next to Vic in his bed. The sky outside the window was grey and rainy, and the room was cold. Vic was still fast asleep, his face close to mine and his breathing deep and slow. He looked so perfect. We’d fallen asleep holding hands, and our fingers were still loosely linked under the bed covers. I felt so lucky to have him. For a while I just lay there, appreciating how comfortable I was and how much I liked lying next to Vic like this. We might not have been together very long, but I was so in love with him.

Eventually he stirred and opened his eyes, smiling slightly when he saw me looking at him.

“Morning,” he said sleepily.

“Morning,” I replied, smiling back at him. “Sleep well?”

He nodded as he yawned and stretched. I couldn’t help checking him out a little when he did that. “Mm hm. You?”

“Yeah, I slept well. Do you know how cute you are when you’re sleeping?” Vic laughed a little and blushed. “Wait, was that creepy?”

“Only a little,” he chuckled. “But that’s alright. I think you’re even cuter.”

I poked my tongue out at him and sat up a bit, gazing out the window. The ground was covered in what was last night’s snow, now just ugly slush caused by the rain.

“Aw, our snow is gone,” said Vic disappointedly, sitting up beside me.

“Our snow?” I questioned.

“Yeah, our snow.”

“Okay then,” I said, shaking my head and smiling.

“Are you hungry?” asked Vic.

“Yeah, starving. What’s for breakfast?”

“I dunno. We could make eggs if you like.”

“We always have eggs at your place,” I chuckled.

“Yeah, but eggs are nice. Do you want some or not?”

“Yeah, sure.”

We headed downstairs and made our usual breakfast of eggs on toast with coffee for me and orange juice for Vic.

“So, what’s the plan for today?” I asked Vic as we ate.

“Well,” he said, thinking as he chewed his food. “Mike went out last night and hasn’t come home yet, which means no one’s home. I was thinking that since it’s such a crappy day outside we could hang around downstairs and watch movies on the TV, if you like.”

“Yeah, that sounds perfect. I’m definitely feeling like a lazy day.”

“Awesome,” Vic said and finished the last of his juice. “I’ll get blankets.”

I finished up my breakfast quickly while Vic dug up some blankets to snuggle up under. He came into the lounge room just as I flopped onto the couch, getting comfortable. “Hey!” I protested as he dumped the pile of blankets onto my head. Vic laughed as I struggled out of them, trying to breathe. “You shithead.”

“Whoa, harsh!” he said, faking offence.

I rolled my eyes. “So, what are we watching?”

“Well, I got this from Mike’s room,” he said, holding up a hard drive. “Mike and I downloaded a heap of movies onto it from his laptop, so I was thinking we could just scroll through the movies on this and pick whatever looks good.”

“Sounds good,” I said. Vic went over to the TV and plugged the hard drive in and navigated his way with the remote to the hard drive contents.

“Okay,” he said, flopping down on the couch next to me. “So, what do you feel like watching?”

“Mmm… something happy.”

“Like a Disney movie?” asked Vic.

“What is it with you and Disney?” I said, chuckling a little.

“I dunno. I just like Disney.”

“Fair enough. Well, I’m down for a Disney movie if that’s what you want. Which one do you wanna watch?”

He scrolled through the movie titles for a minute before stopping on one. “How about Peter Pan? That one’s my favourite.”

“Sure. How come it’s your favourite?”

Vic just shrugged and clicked play, pulling the blankets up to his chin after he did so.

Part way into the movie, I started to get bored. I decided to have some fun and try the cheesy thing where you yawn and put your arm around your date’s shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Vic asked after I gave a big fake yawn and rested an arm around his shoulders.

“Nothing,” I smirked. Vic rolled his eyes and turned back to the movie. I leaned over and kissed his ear, trying to turn his attention back to me.

“Hey-” Vic began, but as he turned towards me I cut his words off with a kiss on the lips. I felt him smile against my lips and start to kiss me back. Finally he understood what I wanted.

“I’m missing the movie,” Vic mumbled.

“You’ll live,” I said simply. “You’ve seen it before.” Vic scoffed, but then pulled me towards him and kept kissing me.

I decided to be a bit daring and push him onto his back so I could climb on top of him. Vic seemed to be okay with it; he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down on top of him a bit more, kissing me harder and adding tongue. I slipped a hand under his shirt and ran my hand up and down over his warm skin, relishing in how good he tasted and how amazing this was.

I pressed myself against him a little harder, feeling his hands moving up and down my back and along my neck, his fingers tangling in my hair. I was definitely liking this and I think he was too.

After a while, Vic pushed me off, his face flushed and lips red.

“What’d you do that for?” I asked indignantly, breathing heavily.

“Be nice and you might get more later,” Vic said cheekily. “But now it’s time to watch the movie.”

Damn, he’s such a tease. This was gonna drive me crazy.