Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 102- Proud Girlfriend

Lucy’s Pov

“Why did you have to date an athlete?” Elena groans to me as Jack yells at the referee next to her. Elena, Jack, Luke, Josh, Tina and I were all sitting in Cris’s box watching the Mancshester Derby. “Sorry if your boyfriend” I whisper into her ear and she nudges me in my side as I laugh. “If Jack goes crazy watching football” I say loud enough for him to hear. “Your man is a brilliant player” he says. “I know” I say proudly.

“Just don’t let him change you into a United fan. It’s bad enough Elena is dating one” Josh says. “Once a red always a Liverpool red” I say to Josh. “You ok Tina?” Elena asks. “Ya. You know me and sports” she says texting on her phone. “You’ve been very poplour on that phone today. It’s been going off all day” I say. “Just a friend” she says. A boy I’m thinking. She had mentioned she had maybe met someone, but anytime I asked her about it she changed the subject.

“Hey Lucy” a voice says and I turn around to see Coleen and Lisa standing at the door. “Hey girls” I say standing and I walk over to them. “Good game so far” Coleen says. “Ya I’m suprisesd you managed to get Lisa away from watching it” I joke. It was well known that Lisa was the best girlfriend for watching football.

“She wanted to steach her legs and wouldn’t go on her own” Lisa says nodding towards Coleen. “Let me intoduce you to Tina” I say to them. “Tina this is Lisa and Coleen” I say to her. “Hello. It’s nice to meet you” Tina says. “Nice to finally meet you too. Lucy never stops speaking about you” Coleen says.

“Kick the ball you muppet” Jack shouts. “That’s Elena’s she needs to define relationship with fella. He’s a big United fan” I say. “We should get back next door. See you later” Coleen says. “Ya can’t wait” I say.

“They are so pretty” Tina says to me as we sit back down. “And so nice too. Meeting the family and friends. Do you smell a long term realtionship Elena?” Tina jokes. “I’ll look out for a good hat” Elena quips. “Oh shut up you too. I’ve only been dating the guy a few weeks” I say watching as Cris dribbled the ball towards the goal.

“Get in there” Jack and I shout as Rooney scores. “Nice pass by your man” Josh says. “Ya it was” I smile back to him. “He looks hot too” Luke winks at me. “Back of Lukey. He’s all mine” I say grinning. “Ya do you not see the necklace” Elena says pulling it out from under my blouse. “He has taste in jewlery I’ll give him that” Tina says. “It’s because I won’t wear his jersey” I say rubbing my 7.

“Just make sure you keep him happy. If he’s happy off the pitch he’ll be happy on it” Jack says. “Oh Jack” Elena says. “Judging by the blush on Lucy’s face right now. I think he’s happy” Luke says. “Can we just watch the game please?” I ask and Elena grins at me.

I watch as Cris sets up a free kick. “Goal or no goal?” Josh asks Jack. “Goal” he replies. “Never going to happen” Josh says. “Just wait and see” I say looking at Josh. My heart races as the ball flies through the air. “Yes” I jump as the ball hits the back of the net. “Nice shot I guess” Josh says as I take my seat. “He has a talent for been good at that” I say.

At half time, I notice how quiet Tina has gotten. “You ok?” I ask. “Yes” she says. “Actually I’m kind of feeling ill. Do you mind telling Josh that I’m going to give tonight a miss?” she asks. “Sure. Do you want me to take you home?” I ask. “No you stay and watch the rest of the game. I’m just going to head staright home to bed” she says. “Ok. I’ll check in later” I say. “I’ll be fine. Go to Cris’s and enjoy tonight” she says.

“Where is Tina going?” Josh asks standing beside me. “Home. She’s feeling sick. Told me to tell you she’s giving dinner a miss tonight” I say. “I should go after her” he says. “Leave her Josh. If she’s ill she doesn’t want you around her” I say.

“She’s not answering her phone” Josh tells me putting his phone back into his pocket. She’s probalbly be in bed. If you like I’ll go with you to check on her. Ok?” I say. “Thanks” he says. “Your man is here” he nods to the door. I smile.

“Go before you burst” he says. “Back in a min” I say practically running over to Cris. “Hello” I say as he kisses my cheek. “Hello goregous” he says. “Great game Cristiano” Jack says patting Cris’s back. “Your enjoyed” he asked him. “More than a child at christmas” Elena groans. “Well if I was a child I wouldn’t be able to take my super hot shot lawywer girlfriend out for dinner tonight” Jack says wrapping an arm around her waist.

“Unless your parents gave you a good allowance” she says and the stops. Cris and I smile at each other as Elena goes over Jack’s words. “My boyfriend” she giggles “had a lovely time today. Thank you for letting us watch the game in your box” she says to Cristiano. “Your welcome” he says.

“Lucy I gave you more than a minute” Josh says walking over to us. “Ok I’m coming” I say. “Where are you going?” Cris asks me. “Tina went home sick and I told Josh I’d go with him to check on her. Don’t worry I’ll meet you at yours in time for dinner” I say kissing his cheek. “Ok” he mumbles. “If you need entertaining Cristiano. You could intorduce Jack to some one your teammates” Elena says and Jack’s eyes light up. “With pleasure. Come on Jack I think Wazza is next door” he says. “Best girlfriend ever” Jack says kissing Elena and walked out the door. “Don’t say a thing” Elena says to me following Jack. “See you later” I say to Cris.

“It’s rude not to answer your phone” Josh mumbles as I park my car outside my place. “She probaly turned it off” I say. “She would know I’d be worried” he says. “When aren’t you?” Luke says annoyed that he missed out on meeting some of Cris’s teammates. “Let’s check on her quickly. I’ve plans tonight” I say.

“Tina” Josh shouts barging pass me when I open the door. “You can deal with him” I say to Luke who huffs.

“What the fuck?” Josh shouts and I freeze. What has happened?

I run into the apartment to find Tina buttoning up her shirt as the guy next to her steps into his trousers.

Oh jezz this isn’t going to be good I think looking at Josh’s face. “What the hell are you doing here?” Josh asks the guy. “Josh don’t shout at him” Tina says. “I can shout at who ever I like” he yells back at her. “Josh” I warn.

“You said you were sick. But instead you wanted to come back here and get busy with him” Josh yells. “And there’s nothing wrong with that” Luke says. “Don’t you regonise him?” Josh asks me. I look at the guy as he puts on his shoes. Oh fuck.

“Mike” I say. “Bingo” Josh says. “Do you sleep with all your pateints or is my sister an expection” Josh yells. “Stop yelling Josh” Tina shouts. “One of your councselor, Tina” I say. “Oh shut up your dating that muppet” she yells back at me. “Don’t yell at me” I shout.

“Josh I love him. Can’t you just be happy” Tina asks her brother. “Tina you aren’t in that right frame of mind to be in a relastionship. You just came out of rehab” he says. “I’m fine” she says. “Dating your councelor. How stupid can you be?” he asks. “I am not stupid” she says.

“I’m going to your boss all about this. She won’t want you when you have no job” Josh says.

“Fuck all of you” she yells heading to the door. “Tina wait” I shout running after her as Mike follows.

“Leave me alone. I don’t need your help. I’m fine. I have Mike” she says and walks through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has Lucy's great day just turned sour? What did you think of their day at the match? And Tina. What will happen with her? Does this mean trouble for her and Lucy's friendship?

Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.