Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 104- I Just Wanted To Spoil You

Lucy’s Pov

“I don’t know about you but I’m tired of this” Cris says and lifts my feet of his lap. “What are you doing?” I ask as he heads towards the bedroom doors. He appears moments later with Tina at his side.

She had gone to her room when Cris and I came back to mine. We hadn’t spoken since Josh and I found her with Mike at the weekend. And Josh was in a foul mood as he watched Cris with his sister. “Cris what are you doing?” I ask standing. “The pair of ye sit” he says pointing to the couch. “I’m not a dog” Tina and I say at the same time and we both sit at opposite sides of the couch. “Your boyfriend is insane” Tina says. “Well it makes a change. Normally she gets called the insane one” Cris says grinning at me. “Funny Cristiano but do you have a point to all of this” I say crossing my arms. “Ok I know ye both said things that ye didn’t mean. Let me finish” he says holding my hand up as they both appear to want to talk. “You’ve been through too much to let who you date come between you all. Tina, Lucy and Josh are just looking out for you. They are worried and surely you can understand that. You are dating your counsellor. And ye two” he says looking at Lucy and Josh.

“You have got to let her make her own decisions. If they are mistakes, then there not your fault and you’re not to blame” he says.
“He’s so spending too much time with you” Tina says to me. “I know. But’s he’s right. Look I’ll try and understand you and Mike been together. I’m just worried. I want you to concentrate on your recovery” I say. “I’m sorry” Tina says. “Me too” I say and we hug.

“If I can but up with Lucy dating a united muppet, then I guess I can try and somehow act like I like Mike. But it will take a while” Josh says. “Thanks bro” Tina says. “So that means everyone are friends again. Good” Cris says falling onto the couch. “Look at you being all helpful” I say sitting on his lap. “I just wanted to this on your face” I say tracing her smile with my finger. “I always smile when I’m with you” I say kissing him. “Oh someone pass me a bucket quick” Tina .“You have a room” Josh says. And Cris stands taking me with him. “Cris” I squeak.

“What you doing?” Cris asks from my bed. “Booking my flight to New York. I’ve been so busy, I nearly forgot” I say from my desk. “New York” he asks. I turn to face him. “Ya. Remember I’m going there for Christmas” I say. “You could stay here” he says. “Cris we’ve discussed this. You’ll be busy playing football and your family will be over in the New Year so you won’t be on your own. I always go home to New York to see Dad” I say. “I know. Just would like to have you around” he says.

“Well we have a few weeks till I go, so you’ll see plenty of me till then” I say standing at the end of the bed. “I can think of what I’d like to see right now” he grins as he trails his finger down under my robe. “Cris” I jump. “What?” he asks smirking. “You know what. We can do that later. Right now I have shopping to do. I nearly have all my presents brought” I say moving away from the bed. And he groans. “You don’t have to come with me shopping” I say. “Have I told you how great a girlfriend you are” he says laying back against her pillow. Oh he look so hot right now. “You are mean” I say and jump onto the bed and he starts kissing me. “Can’t resist me” he says rolling me onto my back.

**************************Saturday*******************************
The intercom rings. “Hello” I say. “Delivery for a Ms. Smith” a man says. “I’ll be down in a minute” I say. What delivery I think as I head to lift. Cris was in Newcastle playing football and I was at work. The place was quite since no one else was here and I was getting so much work done. “Hi I’m Ms. Smith” I say to the man at the door. “Please sign here” he says and I sign the paper. “Have a nice day” he says handing me the single rose. “You too” I say.

A single rose I smile. I see a card. “A rose for my beautiful girl. Don’t work too hard. Can’t wait to see you tonight. Cris xxxx” it reads. How sweet.

“Hello” I say dropping my bag onto the kitchen table. “Hi Lucy” Mike says. Mike had come up from London this weekend to see Tina. He was planning on getting a job in Manchester soon so they could be around each other more. Something I was glad of. The last thing I wanted was for Tina to move to London.

“Finally you’re back” Tina says appearing. “I lost track of time” I say. “Follow me” she says beckoning me towards my bedroom door. “Why is there a suitcase in the middle of my room?” I ask and she grins at me. “You’ll find out soon” she says handing me an envelope.

“Bonita, your carriage awaits for you downstairs. Wait for the bell and soon you’ll be with me. Cris xxx” it reads.

“What is he up to?” I ask Tina. “I’m under strict orders not to tell. But I doubt you’ll be disappointed” she says and hands me another single rose. “That’s your queue” Tina says as the door bell rings. “Where am I going?” I ask. “Take this and no peeking” she says rolling the suitcase over to me. “You know I’m not the best with surprises Tina” I say. “Trust me you’ll love this one” she says.
“Hello Miss” the driver says to me as I reach the car downstairs.

“Hello” I say as he opens the back door. “What is going on?” I think. I see another single red rose and card on the seat beside me. I open the card. “Bonita, I know you’re wondering what I’m up to. But I promise you won’t be disappointed. I can’t wait to see you. Cris xxx” it reads.

“Aww Cris” I mumble.

The car begins to slow down and it’s the first time I look to see where I was. It was dark but I could say lights in the distance.

“Hello beautiful” Cris says as the door opens. “Hi” I say. He holds out his hand and I place mine into his and he helps me out of the car. “You look lovely” he says. “Thank you” I say looking around. He smiles. “Thanks Jack. We’’ll soon you soon” Cris says to the driver who nods a goodbye.

“How are we getting home?” I ask as the car drives away.“What are we doing here?” I ask as I look around to see a het behind us. “Well it occurred to me that we haven’t really had a first date” he says. “And you want to have one at an airport” I say as the driver places my suitcase at our side. Cris laughs. “You know for a smart lady, you’re taking a long time to figure out what I’m up to” he says pulling me towards the jet.

“Cris” I say stopping my feet. “Do you trust me?” he asks holding my chin. “Yes” I whisper. “Then ladies first” he says pointing to the steps. “You are crazy” I say moving in front of him. I stop half ways up the steps and turn to face him. “In case I don’t say it. I had a great time” I say kissing his cheek. As we take our seats, I notice him smiling at me. “Where are we going?” I ask and he taps his nose. “Cris, we are clearing going somewhere” I say. “I want to show you something” he says kissing my cheek. “I can’t believe you planned all of this” I say resting my head on his shoulder. “I wanted to spoil you” he says.

“Oh this is lovely” I say running to jump on the bed. “Glad you approve” he says laughing as the door closed behind him. “So what do you have planned for me?” I ask kneeling up on the bed. “Well” he smirked. “Something that doesn’t involve me being naked” I say rolling my eyes. “But that’s always fun” he says walking towards the bed.

“Cris” I giggle as he kissing my neck. “I hadn’t really planned anything for tonight if I’m honest” he says as I wrap my arms around his neck. “Well you did plan this hotel room. I think I can forgive you” I joke. “Are you hungry” he asks. “Hello have you met me?” I joke. “Ya silly question. What I should have asked is do you want to go downstairs to the restaurant or” he says. “Room service” I smile. “I was thinking the same thing” he says pulling me of the bed. I giggle. “Cris” I say. “I can’t believe you brought me to Madeira” I say.

“I wanted to show you where I’m from” he says. “Why don’t you have a relaxing soak in the bath and I’ll order us some food” he says placing my feet on the ground.
“Sound like a good idea. It’s being a long week” I say. “I’m glad you and Tina made up” he says. “Well you helped. Thanks for doing that again” I say. “Ye would have worked it out. Now go” he says grabbing the room service menu. “It’s a lovely room” I say walking to the bathroom door. “I would have booked a suite but then I’d have to listen to you say how much of a waste of money it was since we are only here one night” he says grinning. “Well next time we’ll have to stay longer” I say. “Oh don’t forget to phone your mother” I say leaving him.

“Máe says hi” he says looking at the menu. “Did you tell her that we were here?” I ask. “She’s sorry she’s missing us. Well I think you more than me” he says looking up at me. I found a comfy white robe in the bathroom and it felt so cosy. “You know I think I figured out why I like this hotel room so much” I say.

“Why?” he asks. “The bath has plenty of room for two” I grin. “Does it now?” he says putting the menu down on the bed. “Need me to wash your back” he says. “If you’re up to the job” I say dropping the robe to the ground. He groans. “You’ll be the death of me” he grins as his hands catch my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Lucy and Tina are talking again thanks to Cris. He wants to spoil her so he took her to Madeira. How will their trip go?