Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 12- What do you Mean?

Lucy's Pov

“Any news” I ask Josh as he passed my desk. It’s Friday and Tina has refused to speak to her family and friends all week. “She’s still not speaking to anyone include the doctors” he says as perches at the side of my desk. “You’re meeting Elena today right?” he continues. “Yeah. I can ask how Tina’s case is coming on if you like. I know you’ve got that meeting in Newcastle this afternoon” I say. “Thanks Lucy” he says as he walks off. “Hell of a week it’s been” he says.

What a week in deed. Monday and everything that happened with Tina was she crazy. But Tuesday was just. I don’t know what. I couldn’t get my head around what happened Tuesday night at Cristiano’s house.

“Shit” was the last thing I expected him to say. We were in his room. Lying on his bed. I was so nervous. His lips touch my body. I couldn’t stop shivering when he pulled my arms free from my body after I tried to cover up after he took my dress off. I couldn’t stop shivering when he started to kiss my stomach. When he pulled me on top of his lap and I felt him underneath. It suddenly hit me even more what I was about to do. I bite my lip to stop the tears that were building from falling. He looks into my eyes and kisses me. This felt so good. Was all I could keep thinking as I wrapped my arms around his neck. If I wasn’t here for the reason I was here I would definitely be enjoying this. Instead I can’t stop shaking as he flips and hovers over me.

When he rolled off me and I sat up to see him bleeding I tried to catch my breath. “You’re bleeding” i say pointing to his shoulder. “It’s fine” he says. It clearly wasn’t I think. “No, it’s not. Do you have a first aid kit? You need to stop the bleeding” i say as grabbed a tissue and held it to his wound. “There’s one in the press under the sink in the kitchen” he says and I quickly grab his shirt and head downstairs.

“Hello boy” I say as Marcosa runs towards me. What the hell is happening I think shaking my head as I grab the first aid box. “Strange night” I say out loud and Marcosa wines and begins to sniff my shirt. Well his owner’s shirt I guess since it was the first thing I picked up. I wasn’t going to run all over this house in my underwear. I head back upstairs with Marcosa running after me. I take a deep breath as enter the bedroom.

Seriously even though his stiches were bleeding this guy still looked pretty hot. With his rock hard abs and……… “Right I found it and I grabbed a packet of frozen peas from the freezer to stop it from swelling or bruising” “You should probably call your club doctor to fix the stiches. I not really a nurse” I say as I place the peas on his shoulder and put the plaster over the stiches. I could hear both of us breathing. Our bodies were so close and I had goosebumps from been so close to him. “Think someone is jealous of all the attention I’m giving you” I say as I laugh at Marcosa who had jumped onto the bed and started to lick my shoulder. “I should get this looked at” he says pointing to the plaster. “Yeah, I should go” I say shaking off the feeling of the cosines. I grab my dress and shoes off the floor and run as quickly as I could towards the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror. I’m standing wearing his shirt. In his bathroom. In his house. I’m here for Tina. But I can’t help her like this. I barely look at him as I leave the bathroom and hand him the shirt. Marcosa begins to runs around my legs.

“Come on cutie, lets go downstairs” i say to Marcosa tugging at his collar. I need to get out of this house I think to myself as I could feel Cristiano’s eyes on me. “Grrr, grrr” Marcosa growls as we reach the kitchen and I immediately stop. “Shut up you stupid dog” Nuno shouts as he turns to face the stairs. Shit. This isn’t awkward. Nuno is looking back and forth between Cristiano and i. “Oh sorry I didn’t know you had company”.

“It’s ok I was just leaving” i utter and “Make sure someone looks at that”. “Nice to see you again” Nuno buts in. “You too” I say and quickly head towards the door. We barley looked at each other as he handed me my coat. Then he surprised me by picking up my hand “Drive safe Lucy” he muttered and placed a kiss to my cheek.

“Lucy,Lucy anyone in there” a voice says and I look up to see a nicely manicured hand waving in front of my eyes. “Oh hi Elena” I say sitting up in my chair. “What were you thinking about?” she asks. “Oh nothing” I quickly say. She raises an eyebrow “You look a bit hot Lucy”.
“I was just thinking about Tina” I say grabbing my coat and ushering her out of my office. “Any news of her court case yet?” I continue to ask as we make our way down the stairs. “The 25th of October and all the charges still stand” she says. “I thought you could have persuaded that football hunk to drop the charges” she continues. “Guess not” I say. I hadn’t told her about Tuesday night. And how I almost slept with him. Hell I didn’t even tell her about what he had asked and how I had hit him.

“I thought him of all people would have understood” Elena says as we reach the street. “What do you mean” I ask. “Well” she whispers “His brother was in rehab for drugs not too long ago” she says. I stop and look at her. “Lucy are you ok?” Elena asks. “I’m fine. Elena I’m sorry but I have to do something rain check on lunch” I say as I hug her goodbye and head to find my car.

It will get easier, she thinks everyone is abanding her, she’ll so realise you are all doing this for her own good” That’s what he had said. I knew something didn’t make sense when he said it. That dickhead.

That’s all I could think off as I reached the black door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who will answer the door?