Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 20 - Behind Bedroom Doors

Still Lucy's Pov

“Lucy I'm sorry I didn’t mean that” Cristiano says. “Don’t talk to me” I say turning back to the sink. “Hey Lucy, Rodrigo wants you to read him a story would you mind” Katia asks coming into the kitchen. “Everything ok” she asks. Clearly noticing the tension in the room. “Yeah, Lucy just wants Marcosa to sleep with us tonight” Cristiano says wrapping his arms around my waist and placing a kiss to my cheek.

“I’ll read him a story. Can you get my bag from the car Nuno, it’s in the boot, please” I say quickly pulling Cristiano’s arms away from me and handing Nuno my car keys. “What did you do? I hear Katia ask as I walk towards the stairs. “Opened his mouth” Nuno chimes in.

“He didn’t mean it the way it sounded Lucy” Nuno says as I leave Rodrigo’s bedroom. “Then how did he mean it Nuno” I snap back at him. “You weren’t expecting to stay were you?” he asks leaning up against the wall. “ Alone in his bedroom again. I’ll be fine as long as I don’t kill him” I say. “If he can keep his mouth shut, you might not have to” Nuno smirks at me. “Night” I say and head off to find the same door I stood at not so long ago. I open the door and see that I’m alone. I quickly head into the bathroom and rummage through my bag gym bag. I quickly take off my black tights and skirt and throw on a pair of fannel pj bottoms. After washing of my make up, I throw of my t-shirt and replace it with a tank top.

I jump when I hear the door shut. He was in the bedroom. I look into the mirror. I never thought I'd be here again staring into this mirror after that night. I take a deep breath and walk out to face him.

“Lucy I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrrr” Cristiano begins but stops when I throw the pillow at him. “You can take the couch” I say to him as I threw back the covers of the bed. “No way it’s my house” he says. “And I'm a guest” I say. “I’m not sleeping on the couch” he says throwing the pillow back at me. “Then go find another bed to sleep in. I’m sure Nuno won’t mind sharing his bed with you” I say turning of the lamp on the bedside table. “And what would I tell Máe” he asks as he turned the lamp back on. “Tell her, her son is an idiot. I’m sure she would believe that” I say turning to face away from him. “And do you want to face all the questions about why I didn’t stay with you” Cristiano says throwing back the covers. “Fine. You stay on your side and I'll stay on mine” I say pulling the covers back over me.

“Not going to argue anymore” he says and even though I wasn’t looking at him, I knew he was smiling. “I’m too tired to argue” I sigh. He turns off the lamp and I hear him walk to the bathroom leaving the room in darkness. “Sit Marcosa” I hear Cristiano say as the dog jumps on the bed. “Hello cutie. What are you doing here” I say as Marcosa cuddled up to me. “I thought you’d like to see him. He was in the movie room during dinner. Plus I told Katia that’s what we were discussing when you left to go to Rodrigo’s room” Cristiano says. A couple minutes later the bed dipped. I turn to face the other way as Marcosa moves to the end of the bed. He sighs and I could hear him breathing heavenly.

“I am sorry Lucy. I shouldn’t have said what I said” he whispers. I ignore him. I feel him roll onto his side. “You’re worth ten times an escort. And I really do appreciate you pretending doing all this. I know it isn’t easy for you” he says waiting for me to turn to face him. “Your family are lovely. You on the other hand” I say. “Is an idiot” he finishes it. And I couldn’t help but smile. “I mean it though. You are nothing like an escort” he says.

“Have you ever been.......” I begin to say but stop myself from continuing. “No I haven’t. Contrary to what the papers say I have never paid for a prostitute” he says and I turn to lie on my back. “None of my business” I say staring at the ceiling. “I know it’s not but....it doesn’t matter” he says. We don’t speak for what seems like hours but in fact is only minutes. “Ok well I may have slept with an escort but I didn’t pay her to sleep with me” he says quickly. “It still counts if someone else paid” I say rolling back onto my side facing the bathroom. “She wasn’t paid. She thought I was hot. I even dated her for a week” he says. “Girls just can’t resist you right” I say. “And I’m hardly going to say no, now am I” he says. “No but I will” I say. “Noite Lucy” he says clearly annoyed. “Night” I say.

Beep, beep,beep. I cover my head with the covers. “Shut it off, shut if off” I say. “ Morning darling” Cristiano says as he reaches across me to turn off the alarm. “Call me darling again and I’ll be the last girl you have in your bed. I didn’t catch what ever he muttered. “What time is it?” I ask. “What did you say?” he says pulling down the cover of my head. “You heard me” I say trying to pull the cover back. I hate the way I look in the morning and I don't want him of all people seeing me like this.

“I know I just wanted to see you. Not a morning person are you” he says smirking. “Shut up” I say grabbing the cover and rolling back onto my side. He jumps out of the bed and walks towards the bathroom. He wore nothing only a pair of black boxers. Oh shit. Did he have to walk around with hardly any clothes on. “I’m going to take a shower then we can head down for breakfast” he says. “More questions” I mumble. “Yeah sorry about that” he says and I look up to see him standing against the door. “It shows they care Cristiano. You know they are worried about you. They don’t like you been in the papers for one” I say. He just shrugs. Marcosa moves from the bottom of the bed up to Cristiano’s pillow.

“You never told me about your father” I say rubbing Marcosa. He looks at me. His brown eyes focused on mine. “What’s there to tell” he says. “When did he die?” I ask. “A year three weeks ago” he says. “You must really miss him” I say. “Yeah” he says walking into the bathroom.
I took the opportunity of Cristiano been in the bathroom to get dressed. I quickly pull out my jeans from my bag and a green t-shirt. I look at myself in the mirror. Jezz why couldn't I look like Elena or Tina.

“You ready to go down” Cristiano says appearing at the door. “You were quick” I say. “I only take my time if I had someone in the shower with me” he says handing me my hairbrush with a smirk. "You can join me next time" he says. “You must take a long time in the showers with your team mates so” I say brushing my hair. “Ok let’s go” I say before he can talk.

“Glad to see you survived Cris” Nuno says when we leave the bedroom. “Yeah Marcosa saved him” I say. “You too need to be more affectionate with each other. Elma is starting to ask questions” Nuno says. Cristiano looks at me with a smirk. "Just a little when they are in the room. You want them to believe you are a couple” Nuno says.

“Yeah I think your are right Nuno. Come on lets get some breakfast” Cristiano says grabbing my hand. “Smile sweetheart. Our audience awaits” Cristiano says wrapping he’s arm around my waist as we reach the bottom step.
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot different from the last time they were on a bed together. Find out Cristiano's thoughts next. Thanks for all your comments.