Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 36- Right Choice?

Cristiano’s Pov

“Lucy” I say in surprise when I walk into the movie room. “Hi” she says sitting on knees looking at me. I look at her face and a small smile appears and I step forward to the couch. I place my hands on either side of her face and kiss her hard on the lips. Jorge clears his throat and I pull away from Lucy both of us a little breathless. “Hello Lucy. It’s nice to see you again” Jorge says grinning. “Hello” she replies shyly and I rub my thumb across her knuckles. “What are you doing back?” I ask her. “Cristiano let her tell you in the morning. She’s tired” Elma says and I grab Lucy’s hand. Did something happen to her?

“Where are the other two?” Katia asks making me leave Lucy’s eyes to face her. “Nuno said they will be back in less than an hour” I say and she shakes her head. Lucy yawns and I pull her towards me with the back of the couch the only thing separating our bodies. “Think it’s someones bed time” I smile at her kissing her cheek. She nods her head and gets off the couch. “See you in the morning” Elma says. “Night” Lucy says as she heads to the door with Marcosa at her feet.
“Talk to you in the morning” Jorge says to me and I nod.

I take Lucy’s hand as we walk up the stairs in silence. She turns on the lights and begins to head to the bathroom. I pull her back towards me and pull her into a warm embrace, wrapping my arms around her waist and her head rests on my chest. “Lucy what happened in London?” I ask quietly a few minutes later and she hugs me harder. I let go of her waist and tip her chin up so she was looking into my eyes. “Did Josh do something?” I ask. “What no, why would you think that” she says shaking her head and pulling away from me. “Sorry. Then what happened?” I ask. “Absolutely nothing. That’s the point. Tina refused to see me” she says.

I take her hand and pull her towards the bed where we sit side by side. “Tell me everything” I say and she sighs. “Like I said last night Tina didn’t see Josh and I yesterday so we went back today. And she spoke to Josh” she says. “But not you” I say gently rubbing her back. “Josh tried to get her to talk to me but she didn’t want to. They didn’t even talk that much. Josh was just happy to see her” she says. “Maybe the next time” I say. “I’m glad she spoke to Josh. I just wish she would speak to me” Lucy says and pull her towards me and her head rests on my shoulder. I traces her fingers with mine and she sighs. “It’s late” I say. “Yeah we should get some sleep” she says and I let go of her fingers.

She stands up and walks to her side of the bed. I smile. Her side of the bed. She had made it hers. I notice her looking at me. “I’ll just get changed” I say and head to the bathroom. I pull of my jacket and unbutton my shirt. I shake my head as I look at my reflex in the mirror. That was close Ronnie lad. The last thing I expected was to see Lucy when I opened the door. I pull my phone out of my jean pocket.

I open the last text Lucy sent me. “Ok I may have missed you more than the bed” it read.

She had sent earlier in the day but I hadn’t seen it until I was heading out of the club with Mel.
Mel. She was beautiful. I had read the message and I don’t know why but I couldn’t leave with Mel. I look back at the mirror. Am I stupid? Did I make the right choice? I left a beautiful girl like Mel who wanted to do a lot more than chat on private to be alone at home on my own. Well I’m not alone now. Lucy. I smile. Instead of a night of no sleep with Mel I was spending it laying side by side with Lucy. I smile again and take off my jeans.

I head back to the bedroom and Lucy was sitting up in the bed. “How long have you been back?” I ask as I walk to my side of the bed. I bite my lip to stop me from smiling. My side of the bed. “A few hours. It was nice spending time with you Máe and sisters” she says laying down and wrapping the blankets over her. “Really” I say raising my eyebrows. “We talked” she says looking at the ceiling. “About what?” I ask laying on my side to look at her in the dark. “About Tina, the rehab and your brother” she says. “Oh right” I say rolling onto my back. “Your mother told me that you paid for Hugo’s rehab” she says quietly. I sigh. “He’s my brother” I say. “Addiction is hard to live through” she mumbles. “What did you say?” I ask. “Your mother said that earlier” she says. And I sigh. You have no idea how hard.

“She also said how her son keeps stealing all her ice cream when she’s not looking” Lucy says and I let out a laugh. I liked sharing that ice cream with Lucy. I could think of a lot of things to do with that ice cream. “Did you get much sleep while you were away?” I ask. “A little. Although I thought I’d sleep better after all that wine last night” she says. “Josh managed to take you to bed” I say trying not to sound annoyed. “I managed to find my own way to bed. I let him finish the bottle” she says. Poor Josh feel sorry for him. Not.

“Did you have a fun night out?” she asks. Shit how to I answer this. “It was ok” I say. “I’m sorry you had a bad weekend” I say. “Me too. But it’s not over yet” she says. “I’m sure Rodrigo will be happy to see you” I say. “Me too. He’s so adorable” she says. “He takes after his uncle” I say. “Really so Hugo is adorable must remember that when I meet him” she says. “Very funny” I say. “Well he doesn’t get it from his father that’s for sure” she says. “That’s certain” I say.
I lay facing her. She smell of strawberry. I can’t even remember what Mel smelt like.

A while late Lucy is twisting and turning in the bed. “Lacey, Lacey” she mumbles and I put my arm around her waist and she grabs my arm. I look over and she’s still asleep and I move closer to her. Who the hell is Lacey?

I open my eyes and all I see is black. I move my head and realise that my head was resting on Lucy’s shoulder.We are so close. My arm is still wrapped around her waist and her hand is still on mine. I gently begin to move away from her when she starts to wake. She turns to face me and stretches her body her eyes still closed. “Hi” she mummers. “Hi” I say and she opens her eyes. “What time is it?” she asks. “After 9. Did you sleep?” I ask. “She runs her hand threw her hair and nods with a yawn. She had no bad dreams anyways I think. Should I ask her who Lacey is?

“I should get up” she says and pulls back the covers. “You could stay in bed” I say. And she stretches her body, her arms over her head and her shirt moves slowly up her fit body just stopping over her belly button. Oh would she just take it off.
“Nah. Rodrigo should be up soon” she says smiling at me. “Nice shirt” I say. “Yankees. Although I should be wearing my Giants jersey as it’s longer. This one has gotten small on me. Well I’ve had since I was fifteen” she says. Not small enough sweetheart I think.

I roll onto my stomach. Get a grip Ronaldo. She barely wanted to sleep in your bed, she’s not going to want to do anything else in it. “Thanks for not mentioning the game yesterday. I might still keep talking to you” Lucy says. “Remind me the next time I want you to stop talking to diss your team” I say dragging my head of her strawberry scented pillow. “Are you seriously going to wear that” I say taking Lucy in wearing her football jersey. “Yes. Just because they lost doesn’t mean I won’t support them. Plus Elma thought it would annoy Jorge and Zé if I wore it. I shake my head at her. “I should rip that jersey off you right now” I say. “Try it and see how far you get” she says grinning at me. “See you downstairs” she says.

I should have ripped it off her. Although I hate to admit it but she looked beautiful in her Liverpool jersey.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano came back home. Who thought he would? Who is Lacey?