Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 49 - Shopping Trip Nightmare

Lucy’s Pov

“Sleep well” he asks when I wake. I nod at him. I didn’t know I practically slept on top of him last night. “You should head to training” I say. “Trying to get rid of me” he jokes. “Yeah I have another Portuguese cutie coming in here soon” I say.

“What” he says practically shouting at me. “An adorable three year old” I say grinning “Although Nuno might be a change” I say and suddenly he has me on my back his body hovering over mine. “You think you are funny don’t you? He says kissing my cheek. Just my cheek I think.
“You have training” I say again. “I know” he groans and heads to the bathroom. “So I’m a cutie am I” he says. What does he mean? “You said you had another Portuguese cutie coming” he says and I throw his pillow at him. “And here was me thinking you had gotten better at throwing stuff” he says and I laugh the minute the door closes. Did I think Cris was cute? Ok he is kind of hot.

“Lucy, Lucy, Lucy” Rodrigo says skipping into the room. “How is my favourite cutie?” I say pulling him onto the bed. He is a lovely kid.

“This what ye are doing for the day” Cris asks after saying hello to Rodrigo. “I wish. We are going shopping later” I say. Why the hell did I agree to go shopping with his mother and sisters?
“Rather you than me” he says. “Lucy quick question” he says. “Shoot” I say. “If I said buy yourself something on my credit card, would you throw another pillow at me” he asks. “What do you think?” I say moving my hand to the pillow. “Thought so. Just thought I’d check” he says.
“Tío Cris” Rodrigo shouts. “Yes” Cris says. “Bejios” he says. “Don’t forget Lucy” Rodrigo says. “Well I wouldn’t want to forget Lucy would I” Cris grins at me. “Can’t not kiss you since Rodrigo wants me to” he whispers to me and then kisses me. “How come he got a kiss on the head?” I whisper. “I like your lips better” he says. You would like anyone's lips I think as he walks through the door.

“What do you think of this Lucy” Katia says holding up a red top. We have only been shopping over three hours and it feels longer. These women can’t decide on anything. “It’s nice” I say as Rodrigo swings my handbag. “Lucy this would look lovely on you” Elma says appearing at my side holding a black dress in her arms. “Oh that’s nice. Try it on” Dolores says handing me the dress. I wasn’t really in the mood for shopping not to mind trying on clothes. Normally I love to shop but it isn’t the most important thing I want to do this week of all weeks. Three pairs of eyes on are watching me waiting for an answer. “Ok” I say. “Oh and this one too” Katia says dropping a blue dress into my arms. “Wait till my brother sees you in this” Katia says.

“Lucy” Rodrigo says as I head to the changing rooms. “No son you can’t go with her” Katia says picking him up. “Always wants to be around Lucy. A bit like my son” Dolores says. “I don’t think so” I say pulling the curtain closed in the dressing room. “Try on the black one first” Elma says. “No the blue one” Katia says. “Give me a minute” I say.

My phones buzzes as I pull the black dress over my head. “Having fun yet? Bet you wished you had taken my card now” the texts reads from Cris. “Yeah so I could buy a plane ticket as far away as possible” I reply. “Buy something to eat. You are always in a better mood after food” he replies seconds later. “Or after a kiss from me” another one reads. “In your dreams. Stop texting me I’m trying to try on a dress” I text, then fix the dress. “Need any help?” Elma asks. “No I’m fine. I coming” I say pulling back the curtain. “Lovely” Elma says. “Try on the blue one” Katia says and I pull the curtain closed. “The black is gorgeous on her” Elma says. “Well I think the blue will be better” Katia snaps back at her. Jezz I don’t even want this dress I think pulling off the dress.

My phone buzzes. “Trying on dress. Mmmm. So that means you are only in your underwear. Thanks for the image” it reads. I smile. He’s such an idiot.

“Ok how is this one” I ask the two girls outside the curtain. “Told you the blue was better” Katia says smugly. “The black is nicer. What do you think?” Elma asks me. “I’m not sure” I say not caring. “Well I have better taste then Elma so listen to me. Buy the blue one” Katia says. “Better taste. Ha. Yeah right. Not in men anyway” Elma says. “Says you. At least I have a man” Katia says back and I head back inside the changing area to get dressed. “Some man. He doesn’t even want to spend time with his family” I hear Elma say. “Maybe he doesn’t want to look at your ugly face” Katia says. “Are ye nearly ready?” Dolores says coming towards us with Rodrigo. “Or have to listen to you nag” Elma shouts. Oh shit. Why do I have a bad feeling about this. “Girls stop it” Dolores says. “Another women who has bad taste in men” Elma says. Oh shit. Oh shit. I’m going to kill Cristiano.

“Listen here young lady I won’t be told how I should have dealt with your father” Dolores says angry. “Maybe we should head to another store” I say. “After you buy the blue dress” Katia says giving evil eyes to her sister. “The black one” Elma says pulling the dress from my hands. “No the blue one” Katia says taking the other dress from me. Oh for heaven sake it’s the sake dress only in different colour I want to shout but decide not to. “Let’s move away from the changing rooms” I say taking Rodrigo’s hand a quickly walking away from the others. “Mama is angry” he says to me. “No she’s not” I say. “Let’s go pay for this” I say picking up a dress.

“Where to next” I say when Rodrigo and I get back to the women. “Home” Dolores says. “I agree” Katia says turning away from Elma.

The drive back to the house is quite. Too quite I think. But at least they aren’t arguing. “I’m going for a walk” Dolores says getting out of the car. “I’m going upstairs” Elma says closing the driver’s door. “I’m not cooking dinner” Katia shouts after her. “I’’ll make the dinner” I say. “Fine” she says walking towards the door with Rodrigo following her.

Next time agree with Cristiano when he tries to help you from spending time alone with his sisters. Where is Cris and Nuno? The kitchen is empty when I walk into it. Is he home from training? I never checked to see if his car was back. “Lucy come play” Rodrigo says running past me. “I’m coming” I say following him to the movie room.

“Rodrigo” I say walking through the movie room door. “Lucy” Rodrigo says jumping of his uncle’s lap. “Hello” a bunch of voices say at once. I look around the room and see some familiar faces. Well familiar in the sense that I have seen them on tv running around a pitch with Cris.

“Your home early” Cris says shifting in his seat. Oh ya you should be worried. When did I ever agree to meet his teammates? “We got tired” I lie. “No Mama and Tía Elma got angry with each other” Rodrigo says. “What did I say about not telling Tío Cris” I say crunching down to look at him in the face and he just smiles at me. “Aren’t you going to introduce us Ronnie lad” Rio Ferdinand says. “I’m Lucy. I know who ye all are” I say. “Nice to meet a fan” Rio says grinning at Cris. “Your not meeting one. I just know your faces” I say. “She’s only a fan of Cris” Nuno says grinning. “Let’s start dinner Rodrigo” I say. “Nice to meet Ronnie’s girlfriend. Especially since we didn’t know you existed” Wayne says looking at Cris while the others just looked me up and down. “Nice meeting you all” I say walking towards the door.

“Any news Cris” Rio says. “No nothing new” Nani says mimicking Cris. “She’s news” Wayne says as I close the door. Let Cris deal with all the questions. It’s his fault I met them. Thankfully I won’t be seeing them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Lucy has met the teammates. What will happen next?