Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Queen

It was like, everything was brighter and newer. I felt lighter and more powerful. So much more powerful, even more powerful than all the other changes. Standing up, I notice how all around us becomes more alive. My older brother, trapped in a young body and inside this book looks down at me. "I'll find a way to bring you back," I tell him.

He shakes his head. "You can't bring back the dead Audrey. Go and save the world," he tells me, then we are ejected from the book.

The book flies open and we come out swinging. My fist hits some guy in the face, knocking him back. Jake wings become like razors. "Don't kill them!" I yell at him.

Jake knocks them all out instead and looks over his shoulder at me. "You're no fun anymore," he tells me, giving a good indication the black wing power is starting to affect his head.

After everyone is knocked out, along with my real dad. The stepmonster is the last one standing. "You are done,"

"You think so?" she gives me a sickening smile.

The front door opens and in walks the man that raised me all my life. "Honey-" he stops when he sees all the men laying on the floor and then he looks up at me and my friends. "Audrey?" he steps in to the house and I don’t see it in time to stop it.

The stepmonster grabs a big knife and throws it at him, hitting him in the chest. "No!" I scream. Before I can stop myself, I use my powers and throw her across the room. "Make sure she doesn’t go anywhere!" I order Jake and Kimmy, as I rush over to my dad. I pick up his head and put it on my lap. "Dad, dad look at me," his eyes move a little bit, but he isn't focusing. "Daddy, look at me." I tell him as tears stream down my face.

He looks up at me, gasping for air. "I told you're mother....I would take care of you," he gasps for air. "But I didn’t do a good job....I just pushed you away....because you look so much like her," he reaches his hand up to my face.

"Teen years have really sucked, hu?" I sniffle.

He shakes his head a little. "Na, it just happens. You either sink or fly and baby girl, you are flying higher than I could ever thought...." he gasps for air as blood starts to fill his lungs.

"Dad I can save you, but you have to allow me. Will you allow me to save you?"

"Audrey, I did my best..." he gasps for air, as his son cries in the other room.

"He needs you," I whisper to him.

"You needed me and look what happened," he whispers.

"It's not to late," the baby cries louder. "Please dad,"

"Audrey we have a problem!" Jake yells out.

Dad shakes his head. I grab hold of the knife with both hands, close my eyes and focus on it as gold light over takes it. The knife melts away and his wound is healed. Once his wound is healed we are thrown against the wall. "Audrey?" dad looks up at me as I am slammed up against the wall.

"Run," I tell him as I get up and a sword appears in my hand. "I'll get the baby, once I do, take him and run like hell,"

Getting up, I almost fall over, but I force myself to move. In the other room, a giant monster roars at me, as it has Jake and Kimmy trapped under it's feet. "Audrey run!" Jake yells.

I throw the sword and kill the monster, as the baby cries in it's crib. "I should end you, for all the crap you did to me," Jake and Kimmy get out from under the beast. "But I'll do one more better,"

"Audrey," Jake puts his hand on my shoulder.

I scoop up the crying child and almost right away calms down. It must do to the fact that I am a faerie or something. "Just kill me!" the stepmonster screams.

The Hunters start to wake up and get up behind us, I can hear them grown and get up. My wings glow bright of gold. "I'm making you a blank slate. You won't remember anything, you won't even remember your name," I tell her with a cold stare.

"Just kill me! Or I will come after you," she threatens.

My wings glow a bright gold. "No you won't," then I use my powers and make her forget everything.

****

It's been a month since everything happened. I've come to know my real dad, he tells me about my mom. The man that watched me grow up, lives close by taking care of his son. I still call him dad, but I feel weird calling him that in front of the man I share DNA with. He says I shouldn't feel weird, cause he did raise me. But it just does.

Those of my family I found frozen, helped with the clean up job of those a threat to us and then went back to their frozen land. When I make my rounds to the homes, I stop by and see how things are going. I rebuild the land of Fairies and rebuild the homes of my family. It takes quite a bit of mage for that to happen.

Jake and Kimmy help me with what I need to do. Once our world is in balance, I sit in the thrown so many before me have sat. There is a big thing, where Fairies, the Hunters, my father's and my "little brother" show up. I see so much of the stepmonster in the boy, it scares me and can only hope the dad that raised me, will set him right so he doesn’t end up like his mother; who ended up in a mental hospital. Why you might wonder? Yeah, my forgetting powers aren’t that great yet. So she went nuts thinking everyone was Fairies. In my defiance at least she won't be coming after us. I hope.

The crown is set on my head. "I give you, our long lost Queen Audrey," the old healer tells everyone. I stand up, with my wings laying behind me. "May you rule with a fair hand and look to the future," she tells me. "To Queen Audrey!"

Everyone raises their drinks. "To Queen Audrey!"

Now you might wonder what happened between Jake and me. Well I'll leave you with that one to ponder. As for the man that killed many of my family in the past, let me just put it this way. He is no longer who he was and I don't mean that in the since of powerful. I let my dark powers take over and blacked out during. After words, I came to and found his wings. But he was long gone.

So that's my storie. Thanks for reading it.