Animal Magnetism

Chapter 3

I awoke the next morning in a very awkward position on my bed; I sat up and brushed it off. After a nice hot shower I got into my clothes and let my tail slip through the hole I made in my pants. I stepped out of my room and had a lengthy stretch as I was doing so Logan walked out of his room and gave me a smile; I smiled back and felt something inside me click. I chose to ignore it for now.

"Would you like me to show you where the kitchen is?"

"Well since that is where you're heading."

"Alright kid lets go."

As we were walking I started a conversation.

"Why must you call me kid?"

"Cause I like how annoyed you look." He answered a smirk playing on his lips.

"Well so you don't send me flying into anything or glare at me to death how about kitten?"

"Kitten?" I looked at him confusedly.

"Yeah I'll call you kitten how's that sound?" I smiled at him.

"I like it. And you forgot to mention it also saves you the embarrassment of me calling you Gigi."

It was my time to smirk as he put his hand on my shoulder and we walked the rest of the way in silence, my heart pounding the whole way. Just when we were about to enter the kitchen the one known as Wolverine let his arm fall back to his side. I looked around and seen Kayla sitting with Rogue and Kitty. I walked over to the toaster and made toast and got a glass of milk before sitting down beside Rogue.

"So," spoke Kayla, "Kitty and Rogue said they were going to show us around since it's the weekend and they aren't busy doing anything."

"Sweet," I said, "it's also a good thing I have a good memory so I won't have to worry about getting lost or making Logan show me where things are."

When I had said Logan's name he looked up from whatever he was doing and lingered for on me for a few seconds.

"Yes cause we all know how grumpy he can get." Joked Rogue, this caused Logan to grunt and walk out of the room. This made the four of us laugh, Storm then walked in and looked at us.

"Can I ask what you four are up too?"

"We're making fun of Logan." Said Kitty, this caused Storm to let out a little laugh.

After we finished eating we went to our rooms to brush our teeth and we met in front of Rogues room where we'd start the tour. We ended up in the living room area of the house where we met Ellie who can control light and darkness, her X-name was Dark Light, Remy LeBeau or Gambit who can cause things to blow up through kinetic energy (this made me happy) and Warren known as Angel for his huge wings coming out of his back. We decided to talk to them, it was about an hour later when Logan walked in and rudely, yes rudely interrupted our conversation.

"Hey Sam, Kayla the professor wants you two down in the danger room so we can see your abilities in action, Kitty, Rogue you two are needed too."

"You guys are putting them up against real opponents on their first day." Said Angel in shock.

Logan who was leaning against a doorframe sighed, "it's not my doing, the professor thinks these two," he said while pointing to the both of us, "are up to it."

"Don't worry we won't go too hard on you." I said, this caused Kitty to giggle.

"Oh great we have another Logan on our hands."

"Am not!" I protested standing up and putting my hands on my hips.

Kayla stood up after me and hit me with a cushion and laughed. Logan only smirked at this remark. 'Oh how I love that smirk...There I go again, what's with me I don't like him.' Kayla looked over at me and gave me a look. I glared at her and gave an "I'll tell you later" kind of look. We then made our way to a wooden wall that opened up to show an elevator. Kayla and I made our way to the back and silently panicked, yeah we're both claustrophobic.

When the doors opened again we walked down a hall in which the walls were made of metal. Kitty had pointed out the medical area of downstairs and where cerebro was. Once we stopped Logan pointed out that Kayla and I would be going up against Kitty, Rogue, Pitor and him. I looked at Kayla then spoke to her telepathically, 'this should be fun.' She nodded her head and we walked into the room, which was currently empty.

"This is the Danger Room; it can simulate anything you want, from an Ocean to the desert." Said Logan, "and up there," he pointed to a little window thing, "is where the professor, Hank and Storm will be watching."

At that moment the room changed into a forest, I smirked.

"Great, just my element." I said to them grinning, "well Logan let's see whose tracking skills are better."

"Well let's split up then." Said Colossus in his Russian accent.

Just then I stalked off and changed into a lynx to confuse them and to blend in with my scenery. I felt the wind pick up and knew Kayla was trying to throw the four hunters off. A twig broke a few feet from me so I ducked down behind a log. I noticed Wolverine and Colossus come into the clearing and made my way out into the middle of them and changed back. They looked to each other than back at me, Colossus let himself turn into metal and I heard the snikt of Wolverines claws. Just as they were running towards me I jumped out of the way and laughed as they ran into each other.

I then teleported to Kayla's position she was currently stuck in the ground thanks to Kitty, I sniffed the air and knew Rogue and Kitty were around. I quickly teleported to Kayla and got out of there. By the end of it Kayla and I had done some pretty good teamwork and did well alone. The professor was very pleased and said we good join the X-men if we chose. We made our way upstairs and into the hallway. When Kayla started to walk away Charles grabbed my hand.

"There's something I'd like to ask you, now don't worry about Logan he said he doesn't mind. How about you help him out with the self-defence course he's teaching."

"That would be fine, I like beating him anyways." I said with a smile on my face, this remark caused Xavier to let out a laugh.

"Maybe you'll be the one to tame the beast inside him."

And before I could ask what the meant he wheeled off. I made my way to find Kayla since I knew she'd be somewhere waiting for me. But instead of finding her I bumped into Logan.

"So you gonna make it a habit of running into me?" Said Logan roughly.

"Well Logan if you really want me too I will." I said keeping my cool.

"Did Chuck tell you about teachin' with me?"

"Yup and I'd be glad to kick your ass in front of a bunch of kids." I said giving him a toothy smile.

"Really?" He said smirking, "I think it would be the other way around."

"In your dreams tough guy."

"You know you were somewhat good in there."

This caused me to let a small laugh, I knew he was lying. I noticed while I was talking to him here I felt the animal inside me want to leap at him. I had never felt this way before in my life, I thought about what Charles said and frowned.

"What's wrong?" Said Logan a little worried.

"Nothing just thinking about something."

"Alright, well I'll see you around kitten."

"See you Log."

He then turned and smirked at me and walked away. I felt kind of stupid since I could have checked to see if he felt anything like I did. As soon as he was out of view Kayla stood beside me causing me to jump a little.

"So what were you two talking about?"

"Making babies."

This caused her to start laughing; we then headed down to the kitchen.

"God Sam I love your sense of humour it's so random."

"I know but that's how I am."

Once we grabbed our snack of popcorn we made our way up to her room. I told her about the feeling I get around Logan and she was confused as I was. In turn she told me that she'd like to get to know Remy more. I told her she better snatch him or I would, this caused her to throw a pillow at me and we laughed.