Gemini

Step Into the New World

Gem hides behind her brother as the door is ripped open. Ni has a dagger in his hands just in case. When the light floods in, the see men in black and some in bulky yellow suits. Ni curses at them in his language but they walk in anyway. The leader, a man in green walks up and stretches out his hand. "Do you understand what I am saying?" He asks.
"you speak American" Ni says in surprise.
"are you one of our father's people?" Gem asks.
The man straightens up. "Was you father from earth?"
Gem nods. "Yes. He was taken by the people of our world. Our world is gone now. The people killed it."
"Are you the only ones left of your people?" The man asks. "Will there be more?"
Gem shakes her head. "No"
"They were never our people" Ni says. "We're are not Ruthen. We are Gemini"
"Well, Gemini" The man says. "Welcome to earth. you'll have to come with us. We won't harm you, but we simply need to keep you from the world for a while. you might cause panic for our people."
Gem hides behind Ni the boy shakes his head. "We're not going to a lab again. Forget it"
"alright, no lab." the man says. "But you'll still have to follow us"
"Can we get you name?" Gem asks quietly.
"I'm general Lee." The man said. He walked out and Ni followed cautiously. He took a breath of Earth's oxygen rich atmosphere and fell to his knees. Since he and Gem were connected, she fell too.
A woman ran up and put her hand on Ni's back. He was losing consciousness. The woman looked up at Gen. Lee. "They're not used to the oxygen, if we don't get them inside now..." Her words trailed off. The twins were out cold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are they stable?"
"I think so. There must have been considerably less oxygen on their world for them to react this violently. It could take them a few months to get used to it."
"Dr. Matens" Gen. Lee walks up.
"Sir, not now. They are in a very delicate state. Any tapering could kill them." She sighs and puts her hand on nose.
"Karen" Lee says. "I know how important this is. But I need them awake ASAP"
"Yes sir" Dr. Matens nods. His quiet angry is scarier than his loud angry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gemini wakes in a small white room. 2 beds are all that inhabit it. Each twin was in a bed. The sit up as the door opens. A woman in a white coat and a mask walks up and Gem freaks out.
"Hey, it's alright" The woman said. "I need this to breath. This room has the same oxygen as world, I need more of it to breath, than you do."
Ni relaxes and nods. It seems believable.
"Where are we?" Ni asks.
"Area 51" the woman replies. "I'm Karen"
"Ni" the boy says. "Ni is my name"
"Lemme guess" Karen smiles. "She's Gem"
"Yes, how did you know?" Ni asks.
"Gem, Ni... Gemini?"
"Oh, yeah" gem says. "I guess it's kinda obvious"
Just a bit"
"Are we prisoners here?" Gem asks.
"No, not at all" Karen says. "but we need you to get used to our air, so you'll have to stay here until you're able to breathe."
"How long will that take?" Ni asks.
"A few months at the most. We can get you some..."
"No books!" Ni puts up his hands. "Sorry... we've been surrounded by books for a whole earth year."
Gem laughs. "I think they melted is brain"
Karen laughs. "You know our humor."
Gem nods. "Our father taught us many things. He was a good man"
"What was his name? do you know?"
"Anthony" Gem said.
The woman looked surprised. "He's alive?"
"Was" Ni said. "Our world took him, and all of horrible people. He was the only one that had morals."
The woman breathed out. "You knew him. You knew the missing kid."
Gem laughed. "He wasn't a kid when we knew him. He was an adult"
"Were any of the other missing kids there? Chris or Rebecca?" Karen asked.
Ni shook his head. "There were no others. Anthony said they were killed by our creator"
"Creator?" Karen asks. "Ok, we have a lot to talk about."