Confessions of a Cheater

Forced Encounter

The Monday following the weekend I returned to my daily routine. Adding a few extra's here and there to keep myself busy. No matter how much I tried to ignore what had happened, every time I closed my eyes, I could see his brown eyes and feel his lips. I could feel his body pressing against mine. I knew that I had to see him before I met him along the street unexpectedly. I had to force an encounter between us.

That night after work, I stopped at home briefly to pick up my gym gear. It was already late by the time I got home, so I already didn't have time to get changed. Josiah pulled up the drive as I was leaving, he leant out his window and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. My stomach turned as I smiled after him.

The whole time all I could think was about how stupid I am. He is too good for me.

As I walked into the gym a sense of relief came upon me. It was a space where I could just focus on one thing and one thing only. I clutched at my gym bag and headed to the changing rooms. As I walked in, just my luck, all the cubicles had been taken. Not wanting to spend any longer than I needed to, I just changed by the bench. As I took off my top I heard the door open. I turned suddenly when I realized who had just walked in.

Conor walked in with his cap on backwards and a black tee on. Our eyes caught for what felt like a century. I quickly pulled my sweat shirt down and grabbed my gym bag. He put his hand across the door way to stop me from leaving.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly, silenced by the beating of my heart, and the burning desire in my chest.
"I can't stop thinking about you" He whispered. His words melting in my mind.
"Stop" I argued, convincing myself that he was just saying anything to get what he wanted and not really caring about who he was hurting in the mean time.

His hands dropped to my waist and he walked me back wards against the nearest wall. Our mouths engaged again and our tongues pressed against each others. My hands pulling at his top and sliding along the muscle of his shoulders. I felt his rough fingers slide up my sweater and pull my back in closer to him. Our bodies indulging in each others presence. His body was firm. That was all I could remember. Firm and encapsulating as he enveloped himself around me. I drowned in his kisses.

He reached down and pulled me up. My legs wrapped around his torso and his hands clutching at my back. My elbows rested on his shoulders as I kissed down to him. My body began to throb for him as I let go of my inhibitions.

Suddenly one of the cubicle doors swung open, and we froze in the moment as we listened for the foot steps to leave. I could feel his heart beat through his chest in rhythm with mine. Our breathing was heavy and hot. My fringe swung down and around his face. Nose to nose, I smiled. Holding his head in my hands I released my legs from his grip and let myself down. I ducked out from underneath his arms. His fist lightly hit the wall as he turned to watch me leave. I smiled over my shoulder.

I walked back into the gym and jumped straight onto the treadmill. A minute later he walked out and we casually glanced at each other.

Maybe he wasn't just telling me what I wanted to hear. Maybe he genuinely did want me.