Death by Innocence

Chapter Twenty Two

At about midnight, Alex was still awake, sitting on the common room couch in her warm flannel pjs. The day had just been too long and too hard to handle. The poor girl was just planning on getting there, winning the trial, and going back to school, not having her whole past poured out on a silver platter.

She twiddled her thumbs and stifled a sniffle. Her heart was beating so fast that she thought it would burst at any moment. She buried her face into her knees.

She had more questions then than she did at the trial.

She wished with all of her might that it was just some kind of cruel

“Why me?” she asked herself.

“Because, if not you, then who else?” came a voice from somewhere near the stairs.

Alex looked up and around…but it was too dark to see anything. The floors creaked and someone began shuffling their feet…they were almost to Alex…when they tripped.

“Damn!” the person said loudly.

Alex furrowed her brow and stood up from the couch. She pulled out her wand, said a spell, and a blue light appeared from her wand. She gasped and dropped her wand.
………………………………………………

“I feel terrible about the whole thing Blake,” Sophie said, rubbing her stomach.

Blake came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“Me too dear, but there was nothing we could do about it…she would have figured it out sooner or later anyways.”

“Why do you look at it like that?” she sneered.

“Like what?”

“Oh she would have figured out sooner or later,” she quoted.”

“Well, she wouldn’t have, wouldn’t she?”

“Well of course, but we would have been the ones to tell her, not that bloody Fudge!”

“Sophie, calm down dear.”

“Calm down? Calm down? What happens when Helena puts the pieces together and figures out she’s adopted too? She’s a smart girl, Blake…what happens when they find out they’re sisters?”

“We’ll just have to wait and hope for the best…”

With that said, the couple gazed out of the window, wondering the same thing. “I wonder how she is…”

The boards creaked behind them.

They both turned to see what it could be. There was nothing. They shook it off, as unseen eyes stared them down.

…………………………………………………………

The whole staff sat in the Great Hall in dead silence. Umbridge paced back and forth…eyeing each member…especially Snape.

“Something doesn’t seem right…” she said suddenly.

Everyone looked up at her.

“What do you mean something-

“Shush!” she commanded.

She paced back and forth…back and forth…back and forth…

“Ah ha!!” she shouted triumphantly.

George and Fred were thrown from behind a pillar and landed on the floor with a thump.

“And what were you two doing out of your rooms at this hour?” she inquired.

They looked at each other.

“Uh…”

………………………………………………………………….

And the whole night seemed to go still…as if the world had stopped turning.

Stars

How countlessly they congregate
O'er our tumultuous snow,
Which flows in shapes as tall as trees
When wintry winds do blow!--

As if with keeness for our fate,
Our faltering few steps on
To white rest, and a place of rest
Invisible at dawn,--

And yet with neither love nor hate,
Those starts like somw snow-white
Minerva's snow-white marble eyes
Without the gift of sight.

Robert Frost
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness.....major writers block....now alora has a great part to write!!!!

Image

Look at this!!!
Little Alex and Helena!!
Just picture the one on the right with dark brown hair...

**dont own the pic!!**