Status: the more you comment the faster i'll update (probably)

Nothing Personal

This City is So Pretty

Eight months on in their relationship and Alex and Jack were still going strong. They were passed the ‘honey-moon’ faze, although not completely, and were finding things slightly more difficult, if not slightly strained. With them both now working and studying hard they had little time for each other.

So when they had a long weekend off for Easter they both jumped at the opportunity to spend some time together, alone. On the Saturday Jack walked to Alex's with a smile on his face and let himself in with the spare key his boyfriend had given to him in case of an 'emergency'. The emergencies tended to be running out of milk or losing his phone charger with the occasional 'I missed you and I couldn't sleep and I'm possibly kind of horny'.

When he called out Alex's name but got no response he furrowed his eyebrows and searched every room in the house, ending the search in his bedroom where he was sound asleep in his bed. Typical. It was a nice Saturday morning (eleven thirty) and Alex was sleeping. Jack couldn't deny that it was cute, however. Alex's sheets were a mess and he had one leg sticking out from under them. Not to mention the way his hair was splayed across his pillow and over his forehead.

Jack sighed when he realised that Alex wasn't waking up on his own, moving across the room to stand at the edge of the bed. He shook the others shoulder but got no response and so he took the corner of the sheets that Alex was currently cuddling to his chest and pulled it back, successfully pulling the covers from Alex's body.

"What the hell?" Alex groaned sleepily, sitting up, shivering slightly at the sudden cold hitting his bare body. Jack wasn't complaining that he slept without a shirt on.

"Wakey, wakey," Jack chuckled at Alex's displeased face. "I needed to get you up somehow." He shrugged in a ‘what else was I supposed to do’ kind of way.

"But why?" Alex complained, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands as he sat up, yawning.

"Because we have fun things to do today,"

Alex seemed to perk up a little at that. "Like what?" He asked as he slipped his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Like shopping? We've never had a feet killing shopping trip before."

Alex rolled his eyes, "Yeah okay, just let me shower."

Jack grinned and pulled Alex to his feet, making the other yelp in surprise. "Don't take too long!" He called as Alex entered his bathroom muttering to himself about changing the locks to his house.

***

The pair started off their shopping haul by going to Starbucks because it was the only way to fully wake Alex up and put him in a good mood. They visited a small local music store, just browsing, and then went on to look at, what felt to Alex, every single store in Baltimore.

By the evening Alex could barely hold his own weight, holding onto his boyfriends arm for support. "Are you finished?" He whined, pouting up at Jack.

Jack laughed and kissed Alex's cheek. "I'm done shopping but there's one more thing we have to do."

Alex almost felt like stomping his foot but he restrained, choosing to groan quietly instead. "What is it?"

"Well it's getting dark and I want you to see how pretty this place is at night."

"I know how pretty it is at night, I live here."

"You haven't seen it with me though." Jack countered.

Alex smiled at that, the idea was very sweet, he had to admit. "Okay."

Jack took Alex's hand in his own and linked their fingers, squeezing tightly as they walked down the pavement. There was hardly anyone else around, surprisingly, and it had rained earlier so there were puddles scattered around and the light from all the lampposts and signs made them shine. It was a little cold but they had both brought gloves and hats so it didn't bother either too much.

"Hey Jack why don't we go back to mine for the night? You can borrow some of my clothes."

"Sounds good to me,” Jack leant down and kissed Alex's nose, smiling. "I really like you."

Alex didn't reply, but he did grin, letting go of Jack's hand and placing both of his on either side of his face, pulling him down for a proper kiss.

***

The next day Alex decided that he was taking them on a breakfast date so they found themselves, far too early for a Sunday in Jack's opinion, walking down the street to the place Alex said he had been to before.

The air was cool and chilly and there didn't seem to be anybody out, making the street almost deserted. It was peaceful. As they neared the end of Alex's street the sun peaked from behind it, warming their chilled faces. Jack halted their waking, causing Alex to stumble back as they were holding hands. "What is it?" Alex asked worriedly.

"Alex I love you." Jack blurted out, eyes wide with realisation.

Alex giggled and wrapped his arms around Jack's neck, pulling them together. "I just might love you too, you butt."

Jack rolled his eyes at his boyfriend, but a smile formed on his lips, "And I'm the one that's bad with romance."

“Whatever can we get breakfast now I’m hungry.”

Jack laughed and wrapped his arm around Alex securely, pulling them together so that there was no space in between. “Anything for you sweetheart,”

***

The small little diner-like place was decorated for the time of year, little bunnies and flowers hanging on the walls and windows and little baskets of fake eggs, all decorated with different colourful designs sat on each table. Alex immediately found the table he wanted and sat down happily, motioning for Jack to do the same.

“Do you like it?” He asked hopefully as he picked up the menu to look at the breakfast list.

Jack smiled and nodded, still admiring the decor. “It’s cute.”

“They decorate it for everything so it’s always changing. You never know what it’s going to look like the next time you come.”

Jack took the menu from Alex, who whined and made a move to take it back, Jack lifting out of his reach. “You come here a lot, I take it?”

Alex was now leaning across the table, pushing the salt and pepper out of his way. Jack was smirking triumphantly, obviously getting the reaction he had wanted out of Alex. The elder sighed and gave his attempts, sitting back in his chair and straightening his clothes. “Not too much anymore. An ex took me here a lot.”

Jack nodded to show he was listening and put the menu flat on the table. “I think I’ll have the bacon, egg and sausage.”

Alex agreed on having the same and while Jack got up to order for them he tried to ignore the nagging feeling in his gut that Jack was now upset with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
i haven't really felt like writing recently so i'm sorry if this sucks but hey it's halloween on friday!