Status: On Hiatus.... Thinking about deleting

Cocaine.

Six

The night dragged on and it seemed like this party would go on forever. The music continued to blare, people continued to drink and dance, including myself. Little Jaelee Marie Sloan had finally gone to her first party and had succeeded in getting completely wasted. What would my parents think? But that was just the problem, at this moment in time I didn’t really care what they would think. I was happy doing exactly what I wanted, whether my parents would approve of it or not. No wonder Justin was the way he was. Life is so much better when you’re free of everyone else’s rules besides your own.

Currently I was sitting with Blair, Kara had left with Tony and Gerard for a few minutes. For what? I didn’t really have any clue. As I was sitting there the music began to pulse in my head, it was starting to become way too much for me. Especially when my stomach started to turn. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes once again the room began to spin and I concluded I had drunk a little too much.

I pulled myself off the sofa with much difficulty.

“Hey you okay?” Blair asked turning away from the person she was talking to.

“Yeahhh.” I slurred. “Just need some fresh air. The music is too loud.”

She gave me an apprehensive look. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m just gonna go outside for a few minutes.” I assured her as best as I could while I stumbled my way to the front door.

“Okay…” She trailed off.

As I opened the front door I fell out onto the stairs, I caught myself with my hands as a stinging sensation shot through them as well as my knees. I sucked in a breath and pulled myself up as best as I could. Trying to stay steady on my feet I made it about a foot before collapsing on my butt on the lawn. My body started to sway a bit and everything just would not stop moving. Suddenly a wave of nausea hit me, I tried to hold it down, but before I knew it I was yakking up the contents of my stomach on the front lawn.

A hand began to rub my back as the other held back my hair. “There. There. Let it all out.” Cooed a voice that I recognized as Gerard’s. I immediately felt embarrassed as I was sitting here throwing up on his front lawn. But I didn’t have time to apologize as another wave hit me and more vile puke came spewing out.

“Awe shit.” I heard Kara say from the front door as she made her way to us. She patted my shoulder as she kneeled down. “I’m sorry Jae. This is my fault. I should have made you go easy on the booze.”

When I felt I was completely finished I took a couple of deep breaths and wiped my mouth.

“No.” I shook my head. “It’s my fault. I should have known better not to drink so much.”

“You okay now?” Gerard asked.

I nodded as they both helped me up off the grass. I looked at him sheepishly. “Sorry about that.”

He gave me a half smile. “No problem at all. Happens all the time. You want to go lie down?”

“Please?”

“Alright. You can stay in my room, no one will bother you there.”

I nodded as they escorted me back into the house; I had to admit though I felt much better.

“You want me to stay with you?” Kara offered.

“No. No you go have fun.” She raised a brow at me. “I’m serious. Go party. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay.” She sighed. “Feel better.” She said and kissed my forehead before rejoining the party.

Gerard led me down the hallway past the kitchen and two other doors, all the way to the last door. He opened up the door and there was a stair case leading down into his room.

“Your room is in the basement?” I question.

“Yeah. Why? Afraid?” He joked.

I scoffed. “No. It’s just a bit unusual is all.”

“Mhm.” He said smirking.

I elbowed him playfully. “Oh shut it.”

He chuckled and took my hand; as he did butterflies danced around in my stomach. “Come on.” He led me down the stairs into the darkness of his bedroom. If it was any other guy I would have been nervous. I mean being brought down in a dark bedroom with a guy that you had just only met that night isn’t the smartest thing a girl could do. But I could tell that Gerard much different then most guys, maybe even every guy. And though I had just met him I already felt comfortable around him.

He carefully led me through the room stopping to turn on the bedside lamp. The dim light flooded the room. I looked around taking it all in. There were random band posters on the wall as well as a number of sketches. There were clothes strewn about the room, typical guy. There was a small sofa and coffee table set in front of a tv. But what really caught my eye was what was on the table; there was a small mirror, razor blade, and dollar bill in the middle. Off to one side was a small mini scale and on the other were quite a few baggies that held a powdery white substance. I may have not been around much but it didn’t take an idiot to figure it out. He was an addict and or a drug dealer.

He caught my gaze. “Oh um sorry. I would have cleaned up a bit but…” He face held a look of shame.

I smiled and touched his cheek. “It’s fine. It’s your life; I have no right to judge.”

A sincere smile made its way onto his face. “Thanks.” He whispered.

“Don’t mention it.” I replied before kissing his cheek and sitting on his bed.

“You want to change out of that?” He asked eyeing my tank top and skirt.

“If you don’t mind.”

“Course not.” He said making his way to the dresser pulling out an oversized band tee and pajama bottoms. “They might be a bit big.” He warned as he handed them to me.

“They’ll do just fine. Thanks.”

“The least I could do for a pretty girl.” I blushed a bit. “You can get changed and get comfortable. I’ll come and check on you in a bit. Okay sugar?”

I nodded and he kissed my forehead before making his way across the room and up the stairs. I couldn’t help but smile to myself as the spot where his lips touched my skin still tingled. So this is what it felt too really like someone. I had never dated anyone, simply because there was no one I liked enough to date. That might sound a bit stuck up but I don’t believe in dating someone I don’t feel anything for. And boy did I feel something when ever Gerard was near.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a pretty long update. Thanks to those who have been patiently waiting for this chapter for a long time. I appreciate it. I just hope this makes up for it.

So tell me? Bad? Good? Am I losing my touch?
COMMENTS and I will update tomorrow!