From Sunsets to Monroeville

VERTIGO

Frank watched Mikey and Bob play around with Allison in the middle of the park. He chuckled as they chased her around and when they caught her, tickled her until they all fell in a giggling heap. Frank sat curled up on a bench, next to Gerard. It wasn't like they were even talking or anything, just sitting. Gerard swept his long, black hair out of his face and dug into his pockets for a pack of cigarettes and offered Frank one.

"You want?" He asked and Frank glanced at him.

"I'm attempting to quit," he announced, but took one anyway. He popped it into his mouth, letting it rest between his lips. Gerard took one and did the same, pulling out his lighter and lit his own, and then Frank's. Frank took a long drag and exhaled slowly. A thick, white cloud formed around him and he smiled, Gerard following the same pattern.

"What happened to your face?" He asked and tapped his cigarette causing ash to fall off and to the side of the bench.

"How else?" Frank snapped and took another drag.

"I'm going to fucking kill that bastard one day," Gerard muttered.

Frank ignored this and went back to his cigarette, the nicotine filling his lungs. What was he supposed to do? How was he supposed to answer that? His Dad paid for everything, the house, the cars, everything. Although it would be better off without him, Frank couldn't understand how his mother would be able to handle it, either.

He glanced over at Allison and the guys. She was racing Mikey and he was actually winning. Frank wanted to smile but he couldn't, he was in a bad mood now.

"Don't get upset Frankie," Gerard continued. "You know I just worry about you, okay? You're my best friend and all and I don't like your son of a bitch father and what he does to you..."

"I know," Frank murmured softly, took another drag and threw out his cigarette butt, no longer interested in smoking. Gerard slowly finished and threw his away too.

Allison jumped on Mikey's back and rode him over to Frank and Gerard - Bob close behind. Allison ruffled Mikey's hair and took his glasses and put them on her face, smiling down at Frank and Gerard. Frank looked away and frowned slightly at what he knew was about to happen. He really regretted it, honestly, but it was just one of those things.

"Who's ready to get really fucked up?" Gerard asked eagerly and smiled. Bob started jumping up and down, causing Allison to slide off of Mikey's back and handed him his glasses.

She spoke softly, "C'mon Mikey, let's go for a walk or something," and the two walked off.

Frank felt the guilt creep up on him and he wanted to run after her. But he needed this release, the overwhelming feeling he got when he smoked with the guys. She just had to understand. Gerard clapped him on the back reassuringly and they headed over to the car.

As Mikey and Allison walked away, Mikey automatically wrapped his arm around her. She was rather short compared to his tall, lanky body, but his arm rested on her shoulders regardless. They continued down the path in silence, nothing being heard but the soft splash of the lake, Mikey's ragged breathing and their footsteps. They stopped in front of the lake and Mikey kicked rocks into it, Allison watching him every once and a while. Randomly, she came up behind him and started hugging him closely. Mikey gasped but turned around and hugged her properly anyway.

"What is it honey?" He asked softly and he rubbed her back slowly.

"I really wish you guys lived here sometimes so you could watch over Frankie," she cried quietly and Mikey traced circles into her back.

"I know - I know...it's okay. I'll be here this weekend and some vacation's coming soon so Gee will probably be here too," he explained and pulled away from her. "We won't let anything happen to him while we're here."

"Promise?" She asked and looked up at him with doe-like eyes. Mikey's heart melted, she really did care for Frank.

"Promise."

"How the hell do you guys get away with coming down here anyway?" Allison quipped and Mikey grinned.

"We have our ways."

Mikey's stomach grumbled beneath them and he smiled as a soft blush crept up his face.

"Hungry?" Allison asked and giggled, causing Mikey to nod eagerly.

"Come on, let's go to Wendy's. You got any money?" She asked and Mikey frowned.

"Gee does. Let's just go get some money from them first and then maybe get them food while we're there," he announced and headed back over to the other end of the park.

Frank held the blunt in his hand, took a hit and passed it to Gerard, giggling. He did the same and passed it to Bob as Mikey and Allison came into view. Allison stared down at the three incredulously and turned away. Mikey smacked Gerard on the head, who in turned looked left and behind him to see who hit him. He finally looked up at Mikey and Allison as Frank continued to take a number of hits from the blunt.

"Gerard, give me some money for food," Mikey requested in an angry tone, Gerard staring at him blankly.

"What..." he said and giggled.

"Money. For food," Mikey repeated and shook his head.

"Oh money...haha," Gerard chuckled, reaching into his pocket and pulled out some and handed it to his younger brother.

"Get more weed too!" Bob exclaimed and Frank fell back laughing after passing the blunt over to Bob.

Frank suddenly jumped up and pounced on Allison and planted big kisses all over her face. He giggled and hugged her tight, squeezing as well. "Oh Allison...I...what...no wait...huh...Oh! I live, love you!" He stuttered and smiled, then staring off into space.

"I know," Allison replied, patting him on the back as she walked off with Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
*edited.