From Sunsets to Monroeville

ELEVATION

They entered the door that leads towards the 300 building and entered the main hallway and headed straight to the 400 building. The trio rounded the corner once they encountered a wall and went to Dan's locker on the right wall. Allison stalked off to say hello to people and say good morning. Frank stuffed his hands into his hoodie pocket and leaned backwards on the lockers next to Dan's.

"Hey...Are you alright man?" Dan asked carefully as he opened his locker, only needing to put away his coat and one book.

Frank sighed, “You know right? I mean like, Allison must've told you..."

Dan nodded.

"Well that's it then. It happened...again, last night and I went over to Allison's," Frank muttered, deciding this conversation was over now and walked over to Allison.

Slipping his arm around her waist, he then decided to rest his head on her shoulder. Dan finished up at his locker and patted Allison on the head and left to go to another part of the school. Allison took Frank's hand and led him down the hall towards her own locker. Frank didn't care about his locker; he didn't really use books anyway, seeing as how he did no work. But he always seemed to pass. They stopped at her locker and she started opening it.

Frank sank back against the lockers and slid down to the floor. After Allison put her jacket in, she sat down next to him.

"You okay?" She asked.

Frank sighed. His stomach still hurt and his head was pounding. He was probably covered in tiny bruises too; some he didn't even notice that morning. He took at least 4 painkillers last night, but soon they'd start to wear off.

"Fine, just tired," he answered and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. "Didn't get much sleep last night."

"At least he leaves today," Allison whispered and leaned into his chest.

"Yeah..." Frank murmured and kissed the top of her head.

The first bell rang, causing Allison to jump slightly. Neither of them moved though. One of Allison's friends came over and frowned down at them.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" She asked.

"Sitting, duh," Frank answered and made a move to stand up, reaching for Allison's hand.

"Morning to you too Ana," Allison said and she too stood up.

Ana folded her arms and looked around, "Matty!" She exclaimed and a boy came over to her.

Allison punched him and said goodbye to them both, leading Frank towards their first period class about two doors down.

[Time Elapse]

Ninth period.

Frank lay his head down on the cold, hard desk in the Science room. He really wished Ms. Vonderahe would just shut up. No one cared even half as much as she did about whatever she was talking about. Frank put his swelling bruise on the desk carefully and folded his arms around his head.

His friends were coming from New Jersey today. They usually skipped or left early just to travel all the way to Long Island to see Frank. They'd bring alcohol and pot, which would make Frank happy and ease his pain, momentarily. Allison wasn't really into that stuff but neither was one of the guys so she could hang out with him.

Frank wished he had a cell phone to see if they were here yet. His parents didn't care enough about his safety to give him one. He was planning on getting one when he stole enough money from them but that wasn't proving to be working out so well.

The bell must've rung because people started moving around him. Allison appeared at his side and shook him softly. Frank got up and threw his bag over his shoulder. He stood up and pulled her out of the door. They went on the all too familiar route to the 400 building but Frank stopped her once the reached the commons.

"What..." Allison asked, a confused look strewn across her face.

"The guys are coming today," Frank exclaimed, his face turning into a smile. "Do you need to go to your locker or anything?" He asked.

"Uh, not really love," Allison responded slowly, scared at Frank's change in tone. She had already gotten her jacket from lunchtime.

"Okay great let's go outside then," he announced and pulled her out the front door of the high school.

Once outside, the cool air hit Frank in the face and he shivered at the change in temperature. He wrapped his arms around his girlfriend to keep them both warm and scanned the outskirts of the campus. Frank couldn't see the black Jeep anywhere in the mess of cars in the circle, the buses starting to leave. He knew Gerard would flip when he saw the bruises, new and old.

Frank's ears perked up as he heard the familiar grumble of the motor and the black Jeep appeared. Its tinted windows shined in the sunlight. It slowed to a careful stop across the street from the school.

On the driver's side the window slid down slowly and Gerard poked his head out. His ghostly features brought attention to his car, his milky white skin in contrast to the mysterious color. His dark, black hair hung in his face in a messy heap. Frank smiled, kissed Allison quickly and ran to the car. Gerard smiled slowly as Frank's tiny figure came closer and he came to a stop next to the car.

"Get Al and let's go. I want to make sure I get you guys home early tonight," he said.

"Wait, but aren't you guys staying?" Frank cried sadly, his lips turning into a pout.

"Well Mikey is, and I'll get him on Sunday," he replied.

Allison appeared beside Frank, smiling at Gerard and she and Frank jumped in next to Bob in the back since Mikey was in the front.
♠ ♠ ♠
*edited.