Lie In The Grass, Next To The Mausoleum

Lie In The Grass; Next To The Mausoleum- Seven

"Oh, fuck, sorry, I thought someone was hurt in here!"
Before the bedroom door was hastily slammed shut, I caught a glimpse of curly blonde hair.
"Caleb!" I whisper-yelled, unceremoniously shoving Pete off of me and running for the door. Caleb, Siobhan’s eighteen year old brother, poked his head back in the door cautiously. His cheeks were pink.

"Listen," I began, completely forgetting that my bra was hanging on the ceiling fan along with my t-shirt. Caleb cleared his throat, nodding his head toward my bare chest.

"Fuck!" I yelped, trying to cover myself. But the damage had been done. Seeing his kid sister’s best friend canoodling had scarred Caleb for life. He cleared his throat again, watching as Pete pulled his own t-shirt over my head hastily. Pete was, of course, swallowing back laughter. I glared at him before turning back to Caleb.

"Don’t tell Siobhan. Please. She’s really not in a good mood tonight." I begged, and breathed a sigh of relief when he nodded. Caleb then turned, glaring, to Pete.

"Who are you?" he asked, not bothering with politeness. Pete (looking utterly sexy, might I add) looked at me nervously before crossing his arms over his bare chest and looking at Caleb.

"I’m Peter Wentz. I moved in across the street from you guys like a week ago." He said, and I made a mental note to punch him later. I had known him for a week and Caleb had caught us almost naked together. THAT didn’t make me sound like a slut (note the sarcasm).

"Hmm." Caleb said, glancing at me disapprovingly. "Why are you here?"

"Uhh, well, Siobhan invited me and Casey Greene over." Pete said, realizing his belt buckle was undone and scrambling to buckle it. I snorted at his lack of tact; Caleb hadn’t even noticed the belt buckle until Pete messed with it. Now, of course, he was really glaring at Pete. Caleb had always been the big brother I never had: protective, intimidating, and altogether hilarious.

"Casey Greene is here Evie?" Caleb asked in surprise, turning to face me. I nodded.

"Yeah, he and Siobhan have been getting pretty close over the past few days." I said, biting back a smile as Pete spotted (with horror) my bra on the fan. "They’re fighting right now though."

"Let’s go listen." Caleb exclaimed excitedly, but I shook my head.

"I can’t. You guys go, and tell me what’s going on, but I can’t. She would kill me."
Caleb gave me a ‘fair enough’ shrug before turning to Pete.

"You coming?" he asked, raising his eyebrows, and Pete looked at me. I gave him an encouraging smile, silently pushing him to accept the offer. I wanted Caleb to like Pete, and I knew he would if he talked to him a little more, and didn’t think he was taking advantage of me.
To my great relief, Pete nodded and followed Caleb out of the room, looking over his shoulder and winking at me roguishly. I melted.
I couldn’t believe that I was falling this hard for someone I hardly knew.
*****************************************************************

I was blinked, opening bleary eyes and glancing around.
I must have fallen asleep while Pete and Caleb were spying on Siobhan.
I looked over at the door, remembering the clicking and squeaking of hinges that had awakened me, and saw a shadowy figure walking toward me. The person padded quietly across the carpet, pausing momentarily to reach up and pull my bra off of the fan.
I smiled sleepily as Pete passed under the open window, setting my bra down on the window seat. He looked over at me and, seeing that I was awake, smiled and approached the bed.

"Hey." He said softly, reaching the edge of Siobhan’s bed and sitting.

"Hey." I replied, shifting to make room for him. He reached out and tucked my hair behind my ear tenderly, looking right into my eyes. I looked back, shivering as his hand slid down my cheek and to my mouth, his thumb parting my lips. I kissed his fingers delicately, and he grinned at me.

"I should go." he whispered, glancing at the clock. I followed his gaze and cringed. 4:56 am. But regardless of the time, I took his hand in mine and pulled him toward me softly.

"Don’t go." I said quietly. Pete laid down next to me, looking at my face thoughtfully.

"I have to. My parents will kill me." He muttered apologetically.
I grinned, and moved closer to him, leaning forward and kissing the spot right next to his mouth tenderly. His lips curved into a smile as I pulled away, laying my head back onto the pillow.
Pete moved forward and pressed his lips against mine, closing his eyes, before pulling away and sitting up.

"I’ve really got to go." he said emphatically, standing up and walking toward the door. But before he could touch the doorknob, he turned around and walked back to the bed, leaning down and putting his hands on my face. He looked right into my eyes and kissed my lips sweetly, pulling away and touching my lips again with his fingers.

"I think I’m falling for you." he murmured, and, after dropping that bombshell, kissed me one more time before walking out the door, closing it softly behind him.

You know you’re in love when you can’t sleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have more!
Just ask... <33