Sequel: I'd Do Anything
Status: Say to me, "Why can't we look the other way?"

Hooked on a Feeling

Visit

Weeks came and went. Lars continued to visit Annalise under the pretense of visiting his dog. Annalise finished her pool league season and was awarded MVP, but continued to spend nights at the Old World Tavern shooting. Sometimes Lars would join her. Olivia watched the two of them from a distance, with half a mind to throw Lars out of the house unless he made a move.

Annalise started her new job at Concordia shortly after Halloween. Her hours were very flexible, provided she got all her work done. And when she asked, no one minded that she took off American Thanksgiving as well as the day before.

And so on November 26th, she found herself outside the Bell Center. She wasn’t sure why she didn’t just call Lars. But the artificial cold might do her some good. At least she was out of the house.
Annalise opened the main doors and was immediately greeted by Ivan sitting at a security desk.

“Hello Ivan.” She said brightly.

“Hey, Annalise. Visiting Lars?”

“Surprise visit.” She shrugged. “Had to ask him something and I was in the area anyway. Are they here?”

“Yeah, their practice should be over soon. I’ll show you how to get down there. I’m sure they’d love to have a spectator.”

“Thanks.”

Annalise followed his directions and found herself skittishly standing in the player’s bench, next to Head Coach Michel Therrien. Annalise introduced herself in French, figuring his first language might set him at ease.

<<Eller’s friend, hmm?>> he confirmed, shaking his walkie. <<Ivan just radioed, saying you’d be down here. Have a seat. They’re just stretching out.>>

Therrien then turned his attention to a commotion on the ice.

“Hey, Desharnais.” Price said to his teammate as the two of them stretched out.

“What?”

“What if God was one of us? You know, just trying to make his way home?”

The entire team groaned, even if the words were just being spoken and not sung. They had to shut him up before he got really going.

“All up in heaven all alone.”

“Price, I swear to God, if you don’t shut up you won’t be able to start for a week.” Paccioretty threatened.

“With no one hanging on the phone? Cept, well, maybe the pope in Rome.”

“That’s it.” Paccioretty grumbled, dropping his gloves and jokingly starting towards the goalie.

“Paccioretty!” Therrien shouted across the ice. “Finish your stretches before I’m forced to bench you all week!”

Price noticed a little redhead sitting on the bench with the coaches. “Hey, look, it’s Annalise! Hi Annalise!” Price called with a grin.

Annalise blushed and timidly waved back as the entire team’s attention snapped over to her.

“Anna’s mom has got it going on.” Price sang.

“Oh, God.” Lars groaned as the stretching was finally over. He watched Carey slowly skate towards Annalise. “This is even worse.”

“She’s all I want and I’ve waited so long! Anna can’t you see? You’re just not the girl for me! I know it might be wrong, but I’m in love with Anna’s mom.”

Annalise giggled in spite of herself. “I don’t blame you, my mom’s hot.”

Carey grinned at her. “Are you here for a try out? Coach, are you giving her a try out?”

Annalise laughed and shook her head. Lars skated up and sprayed Carey with ice as he stopped. “Leave her alone, Price. Hello, Annalise.”

Therrien looked down at Annalise, bemused. “Next time, come a little earlier.” He invited. “Seeing as your presence makes them so lively, maybe they’ll actually work for once.”

She laughed. “I’ll try to remember.”

“What’s up?” Lars asked as his teammates and coaches filed into the locker rooms.

“Just wondering if we’re still on for tomorrow.” She said. “Thanksgiving.”

“Yeah, of course we are.” He smiled. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Great.” She smiled.

“Would you mind if a few of the guys came?” he asked.

“Well, how many?”

“Just Paccioretty and Tindori.”

“Yeah, that should be fine.” She smiled and stood. “Alright, well, that was it. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Wait! I just saw you!”

“Now that I have three hockey players coming, I have to got buy more food!” she laughed. “You’ll see me tomorrow.” She started back the way she came. “And tell Price my mother is happily married.”

Lars laughed and watched her retreating back, feeling a slight pain in his chest. She deserved happiness, more than just about anyone he knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler piece. Sorry.

Next one's exciting!